Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest eyoismos

so this russian spaceship is about to crash on earth

Guest eyoismos

and nobody knows where

so the out of the ordinary question question would be, if it lands on land, and even worse ,somewhere that is inhabited..... who pays the price.... of deaths, of destruction of property, etc etc?

and is it a case of finders keepers, losers weepers ?

who owns the space garbage?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

I think we had discussed this in the old forum  :)

The Russians would still own any pieces that will crash on earth and they'd have to pay for the damages if it happens to land on your house  :D

http://www.livescience.com/33519-falling-satellite-damage-liability.html

Guest eyoismos

so it WAS this forum that ihad brought this up in the past - i wasnt too sure

though now, the point is moot ,.... the damn rusky space junk decided crash in the ocean

damn !

now, no chance of making a quick buck from .... souvenirs and compensations

:P 

Guest eyoismos

everywhere i can stir the pot and ... with various uses names too

remember once ... in one of them, some time back .... i had like 4 personalities going....all arguing with each other .... and just bout everybody taking sides ...all the while ....hahahahaha ..... you guessed it ....and everybody to this day is none the wiser

and to ensure this, i was using 4 different browsers all going through different proxy servers so not even the administrators could pick this up

funniest shit ever

damn hard too ... choosing positions and sticking with them...ie retaining "character" so to speak - i swear it was not easy but great fun nonetheless

it was all worth it , though.... actually helped me in many ways to create various dialogues for my story writing endeavors - it was a very worth while exercise, so to speak

now watch some come up with suspicions and conspiracy theories going on here on hellenism

(-* devious grin *- )

Guest PatrickT

As far as i heared it crashed into the pacific ocean. And i think the nation that builds it also owns it after the crash and is responsible for evry possible damage. 

I would never touch debris of a crashed space craft. The RCS and OMS operate with hydrazine in orbit. Hydrazine is incredible posionous. I visited the KSC with my parents in 2009 and we watched space shuttle Atlantis launch. We had a tour and the guide told us that once in Orbit the shuttle uses monopropellants to rotate and change orbit as well as for deorbit. And this monopropellant is hydrazine. Its also used in satellites and so poison that technicians on the ground only go close in compleet suits with oxygen supply. One drop on your skin and you die. 

You can also see that when a shuttle lands, some trucks drive behind it like crazy and as soon as it stands still they attack giant pipes to its stern to suck any possible vapor away.

atlantis-closeup-ksc-2-0722.jpg

Guest eyoismos

here is the thing ... and yes i looked it up because you stung my curiosity .... hydrazine has a boiling point of 114 degrees ie becomes vapour ...typical uncontrolled and even crashing space debris can hit 3000 degrees and more on rentry ...apart from hydrazine being unstable ..... its unikely that it could withstand such high temperatures and still remain intact

controlled and supervised landings, aka eg space shuttles, would probably be another matter altogether

the way i figure it .... eating cabbage or any other veggy on some random farm or other, would be far more dangerous to one's health, (due to insecticides and pesticides ) than that some random leftover from any space debris that actually managed to survive the reentry, not burn up,  and actually land on earth somewhere

but i could be wrong ;)

Guest PatrickT

here is the thing ... and yes i looked it up because you stung my curiosity .... hydrazine has a boiling point of 114 degrees ie becomes vapour ...typical uncontrolled and even crashing space debris can hit 3000 degrees and more on rentry ...apart from hydrazine being unstable ..... its unikely that it could withstand such high temperatures and still remain intact

controlled and supervised landings, aka eg space shuttles, would probably be another matter altogether

the way i figure it .... eating cabbage or any other veggy on some random farm or other, would be far more dangerous to one's health, (due to insecticides and pesticides ) than that some random leftover from any space debris that actually managed to survive the reentry, not burn up,  and actually land on earth somewhere

but i could be wrong ;)

problem is, that it is possible that when large parts break off the falling spacecraft, than it is possible that the hydrazine tank survives reentry, because other parts shield it. It is really ver dangerous and i would not take the risk.

Guest eyoismos

fair point ... i let you know when a hydrazine tank survives reentry in a crash scenario

but in the mean time i leave you with this

On the technical study of USA 193’s fuel tank reentry

An independent analysis of the same NASA paper by Dr. Geoffrey Forden of MIT reaches the same conclusion as myself and other colleagues do: the tank and hydrazine burn and disperse high up in the atmosphere.

Guest PatrickT

In 2011 a hydrazine tank from a falling space craft crashed into the desert of namibia:

article-2077708-0F3F456200000578-751_634

another one came down in Saudi Arabia

up016985.jpg

Another one came down in 2000

Space-debris-A-metal-ball-001.jpg

Its all about the size of the original object. The larger it is and the more the tanks are placed at a remote place inside the object, the higher the chance that something comes down intact. 

Considering the fact that this stuff is so extremly dangerous we may agree that it is best to hold some healthy distance and inform the police. 

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/41pegasus/02files/Space_Debris_04.html

Guest eyoismos

we may agree that it is best to hold some healthy distance and inform the police.

that goes without saying, that one needs to contact the authorities, when something suspicious or alien (and i use that word in general loose terms - not about little green men) enters one's "domain" ..... hydrazine or no hydrazine

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed