Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

Merkels position starts to crumble

Guest PatrickT

Its interesting. Just a few weeks ago nobody questioned Merkel in germany but now her position starts to get massive cracks. Her own party shouts against her. The polls only go in one direction - downward.

Large parts of german society want a immediately stop of the refugee wave. Security, police and seceret service demand action.

The voices in germany rise who say Merkel won´t be chancellor anymore by the end of the year. If the refugee crisis isn´t solved fast there is no chance that she could survive this.

But who could replace her? Her position is almost without any competition...almost. There is one person that has even higher honor in germany right now.

The most honored and trusted leader in germany is Schäuble.

wolfgang-schaeuble-finanzminister-deutsc

She stays silent in this crisis but said yesterday that he does not shar Merkels opinion that we can do it. 

While Merkel is seen as the softer and more soft leader Schäuble is known to be hard, ice cold, analytical and without mercy.

Germany under chancellor Schäuble would be fundaemntally different to Merkels germany and so would be europe. 

There would only be dictate and no compromise. Schäuble is highly intellectual but not diplomatic. As former greek finance minister Varoufakis said...Schäuble is an intelelctual giant sourounded from intellectual dwarfs in the Euro-group. He oerders and all others dance. 

The next 6 - 8 weeks could change evrything. 

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

There's a bigger picture to see here. Europe has to, eventually, start operating as a single entity. It will take time, but it has to happen if Europe wants to be an important player in the world in the future. A fragmented Europe will become an easy target for the Chinese, the Americans and whichever other big population emerging market such as India, Brazil etc.

Guest PatrickT

There's a bigger picture to see here. Europe has to, eventually, start operating as a single entity. It will take time, but it has to happen if Europe wants to be an important player in the world in the future. A fragmented Europe will become an easy target for the Chinese, the Americans and whichever other big population emerging market such as India, Brazil etc.

thats plain and simple impossible for cultural reasons. As you can see yourself. The southern european system is impossible to implement to nothern europe and vice versa, There is no shared identity. 

That's partially true, but the same way you'd see the same issue with most US states, where some of them operate in a very different manner than others. Yet they all co-exist as United States of America.

The common currency was the first step for the Europeans to tie their economies together. There's still work to be done in this front, it's going to be a few more years before this arrangement works a bit better for everyone. Next step would be the political union. One global European government and several local "state" governments.

In a way most political and financial decisions in Europe are already made at a higher level than that of local governments. This was made abundantly clear during the negotiations for extending the funding of the Greek debt.

Guest FriendofGreece

It is different with the US or Canada, because you are talking about the same people in the same country, Americans or Canadians. While in the EU, people are first, for example, Greeks or Spanish before being Europeans. In my opinion, the EU has become too big like an elephant that it is almost impossible to manage. For sure, the EU leadership has always served the interests of the big and rich countries at the expense of the smaller and poorer ones, and that will not improve with time but will just get worse as the disparities become bigger. Who knows if the migrant crisis is not the triggering event that would unglue the artificial bind between EU countries? 

And if they let Turkey become an EU member, that would certainly be the end of the EU. For anyone wishing to visit Europe, better hurry because the European cultural landscape is changing very fast with all the migrants already in. 

Guest PatrickT

That's partially true, but the same way you'd see the same issue with most US states, where some of them operate in a very different manner than others. Yet they all co-exist as United States of America.

The common currency was the first step for the Europeans to tie their economies together. There's still work to be done in this front, it's going to be a few more years before this arrangement works a bit better for everyone. Next step would be the political union. One global European government and several local "state" governments.

In a way most political and financial decisions in Europe are already made at a higher level than that of local governments. This was made abundantly clear during the negotiations for extending the funding of the Greek debt.

The decissions were done by germany. As far as i remember this forum was not that happy about that. A union wil never work. 

Do you honestly believe a greek european leader would care for interests of german citizens and vice versa? Its not working and will never work

Guest PatrickT

It is different with the US or Canada, because you are talking about the same people in the same country, Americans or Canadians. While in the EU, people are first, for example, Greeks or Spanish before being Europeans. In my opinion, the EU has become too big like an elephant that it is almost impossible to manage. For sure, the EU leadership has always served the interests of the big and rich countries at the expense of the smaller and poorer ones, and that will not improve with time but will just get worse as the disparities become bigger. Who knows if the migrant crisis is not the triggering event that would unglue the artificial bind between EU countries? 

And if they let Turkey become an EU member, that would certainly be the end of the EU. For anyone wishing to visit Europe, better hurry because the European cultural landscape is changing very fast with all the migrants already in. 

You do realize that that current "migrant crisis" is laughable small compared to the european population and does not even reach 1% of europe? 

Guest FriendofGreece

The migrants are concentrated in Western Europe, what we usually consider as "Europe". It will not take long before their population will double, triple or more, with all the relatives they will bring in and the children they will have on social welfare. Even being a minority, they can create much trouble because of differences in religions and in non-European cultural backgrounds.

It's not that much different if you think about it. Canada and the US are made up of immigrants from all over the world. 

Sure, European countries have richer histories and more intense cultural differences because of constant wars over the past few centuries over their borders, but this has been slowly changing.

Maybe the Balkans are still a boiling pot and there's no way some of those people will live harmoniously together, but in some other parts of Europe the reality is that the borders do not really matter anymore. It may take some time but eventually even the crazies in the Balkans will realize that being enemies with your neighboors doesn't server well anyone.

Guest FriendofGreece

I understand Americans and Canadians are made up immigrants from various countries, but we do not fight between ourselves among ethnic nationalities but rather among states or provinces. What I can see is the UK often showing tendencies of leaving the eurozone (or also the EU?), and within the EU, there are other countries that are not even part of the eurozone. It is not homogenous rules that everyone must follow. Also is there really free movement of capital and people, like for example, can unemployed people in a country move to another one to find jobs easily and remain in that country for years?

Also is there really free movement of capital and people, like for example, can unemployed people in a country move to another one to find jobs easily and remain in that country for years?

Yes

Επισκέπτης

Also is there really free movement of capital and people, like for example, can unemployed people in a country move to another one to find jobs easily and remain in that country for years?

Yes. You can be poor, unemployed and disenfranchised wherever you please within the EU. Granted there are some economies in Europe that do great but people don't see the benefits. Real wages and benefits are slowly but steadily declining.

And interestingly enough: The refuge crisis is now being used as an argument against the minimum wage in Germany. The Spiegel run an article

(http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/wie-der-mindestlohn-fluechtlinge-ausgrenzt-a-1059446.html) where the author claims that Germany has to rethink the minimum wage because it makes it harder for refugees to find jobs.

There you have it: Slave wages for Humanitarian reasons. That should make you think about the motives of the Euro elites.

Guest FriendofGreece

I asked the question because I was curious why the unemployed people in the poor countries did not go to Germany to work, since Germany seems to be having a low birth rate and needs employees. 

Yes, I remember having read about lowering the minimum wage, as well as delaying the pension age (Germany or Sweden or Finland, can't remember), paying higher taxes (although Merkel said no tax increases). The Euro elites are sitting in their gilded cages, nothing will change for them.

Επισκέπτης

I asked the question because I was curious why the unemployed people in the poor countries did not go to Germany to work, since Germany seems to be having a low birth rate and needs employees.

Don't believe everything the high closs brochure says. Germany has officialy only 3 mil unemployed but that's a statistical trick. The Germans just created something they call Hartz IV end enrolled their 7.5 mil lonterm unemployed in that. They just don't call them unemployed anymore. They call them "Hartz IV Empfänger" So total number of unemployed in Germany stands somewhere around 11 mil of close to 17%. And there is indeed poverty in Germany. One out of five Germans is affected by it. And remember: Germany is the most successfull economy in Europe!

Guest eyoismos

quoting far right NPD bullshit doesn´t make it truth

first of all it doesn't make it a lie either

second of all, for example, are you suggesting that the Munich Chamber of Trade, mentioned in the article, is talking shite?

third,, last i heard, the Gatestone Institute has its headquarters in the states, and is funded by private donors and foundations, or so they say, so the npd reference is a no show

did you even read the article, or the link that article points to? (admitedlty most links point to german newspapers, (eg de welt) so i could not verify what they, Gatestone, where quoting as accurate)

Guest eyoismos

Don't believe everything the high closs brochure says. Germany has officialy only 3 mil unemployed but that's a statistical trick. The Germans just created something they call Hartz IV end enrolled their 7.5 mil lonterm unemployed in that. They just don't call them unemployed anymore. They call them "Hartz IV Empfänger" So total number of unemployed in Germany stands somewhere around 11 mil of close to 17%. And there is indeed poverty in Germany. One out of five Germans is affected by it. And remember: Germany is the most successfull economy in Europe!

now THAT i can buy most comfortably

(as opposed to the shite P.T. desperately tries to make us believe)

This is a scary statistic, if true.

I know for a fact that most northern countries, especially the Scandinavians, offer several "support" programs to their people so that unemployment numbers look artificially low. 

For example, I know for a fact that in Finland a very small percentage of the population holds full time jobs. Most people work part-time or reduced hours and the government subsidizes pretty much everything for them, from children care to after school activities for the kids etc. I guess the question is for how much longer these governments will have money in the coffins to support their people's lifestyle. The influx of refugees puts a lot of strain to these economies because they usually provide a lot to the newcomers (as opposed to the Balkan and south European countries). I suspect that this is the reason why all those refugees are heading for the northern European countries. Not so much to find work (as work is scarce there too), but so that they'll receive more benefits. 

Guest PatrickT

now THAT i can buy most comfortably

(as opposed to the shite P.T. desperately tries to make us believe)

I don´t want you anything to believe. Its a basic fact that rising automatisation makes a certain part of the population obsolete. 

We have a job market. You offer your workforce and an employer buys your workforce. If you get Alg II (or Hartz IV how people label it) you have nothing to offer. You are not qualified and your only purpose is creating CO2. Those people aren´t unemployed. They simply are unable to work. They are the obsolete bottom of society. They get hold alife with the welfare money. 

Germany is a highly efficient and powerful economy. Its just natural that a certain percentage of people falls out of the net. They aren´t unemployed. If you get Hart IV you are plain and simple outside of the society. 

Those who have limited qualifications get scared by the prospect of Hartz IV and show far more engagement. Hartz IV works like a turbo pump for the job market. 

The refugee influx rises the pressure on the low end. It creates a positive stimulation for the engagement of the low skilled workforce. 

Thats easy market capitalism. 

We just think different. You have the weird idea that all must be employed and happy while i believe in power. Power is generated by pressure. 

Seems that trouble is brewing in Germany - and all over Europe:

Even as an image of a Germany taking great pains to welcome hundreds of thousands of refugees has bolstered the country's image abroad, it has also been accompanied by a wave of hatred that cannot be played down. At the center of this second, disturbing narrative is Patriots against the Islamization of the West, or Pegida, a xenophobic grassroots movement that has manifested itself with demonstrations each Monday mostly in Dresden in the east, but also in other parts of Germany. But Pegida is only one part of a much larger problem...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-1059357.html

Guest eyoismos

I don´t want you anything to believe. Its a basic fact that rising automatisation makes a certain part of the population obsolete. 

We have a job market. You offer your workforce and an employer buys your workforce. If you get Alg II (or Hartz IV how people label it) you have nothing to offer. You are not qualified and your only purpose is creating CO2. Those people aren´t unemployed. They simply are unable to work. They are the obsolete bottom of society. They get hold alife with the welfare money. 

Germany is a highly efficient and powerful economy. Its just natural that a certain percentage of people falls out of the net. They aren´t unemployed. If you get Hart IV you are plain and simple outside of the society. 

Those who have limited qualifications get scared by the prospect of Hartz IV and show far more engagement. Hartz IV works like a turbo pump for the job market. 

The refugee influx rises the pressure on the low end. It creates a positive stimulation for the engagement of the low skilled workforce. 

Thats easy market capitalism. 

We just think different. You have the weird idea that all must be employed and happy while i believe in power. Power is generated by pressure. 

sugar coat it as much as you want but the fact remains there aaweful lot of GERMANS unemployed and the stats mean jack shit

and nobody even remotely said all must be employed and happy. nobody is ever happy with what they got. its the nature of the beast

human nature dictates "i  want more"  no matter what one has . you have a bicycle, you achieve that, then you then want a bike, you get a bike , you then want a car, you get a car, you then want a fancy car....everybody tries to live with a rented places, vut everybody dreams and wants a mansion with servants and slaves and and shit.....all the while all they really need or require ....well ...you get the picture ... and so no stop escalation of "demand" continues .... the perpetual need to be better than the neighbor.

capitalism is about climbing over bodies to get to the top of the heap. communism is about bring everybody down , to get  on top of "them" to be on top of the heap. power is the ability and knowhow to do exactly that and fuck the bodies below them

think about it

Επισκέπτης

PatrickT:

Sorry Patrick, but you just don't sound German at all. More like a neo-liberal Anglo Saxon nitwit. Germans don't think like you do.

Power you say?

For whom?

And what for?

So lets kick 7 mil of your own people to the curb because someone in Asia can do their job on the cheap and increase the profit margin of German corporations by 1 or 2%. That way they can pay higher dividents to their Qatari (biggest preferential stock owner of VW), Bahreini and Kuwaiti (bigest shareholders of Daimler) investors. And those good people can use that money to hire more International Jihad enthousiasts and send them to Syria and send milions running. And Germany cuts Social Services for Germans in need to accomodate refugees and the ones who are at the bottom of the German social order get to suffer even more. But the Bosses of the German Corporations are ecstatic cause now, with so many destitute and disconnected people in the country, they can argue for more wage cuts and push for wage slavery so that they can make even bigger profits and pay higher dividents to their Qatari, Kuwaiti and Bahraini shareholders and the circle turns again. Where is the will to Power in that? Reminds me more of hamsters running in a wheel and going nowhere.

Guest PatrickT

sugar coat it as much as you want but the fact remains there aaweful lot of GERMANS unemployed and the stats mean jack shit

and nobody even remotely said all must be employed and happy. nobody is ever happy with what they got. its the nature of the beast

human nature dictates "i  want more"  no matter what one has . you have a bicycle, you achieve that, then you then want a bike, you get a bike , you then want a car, you get a car, you then want a fancy car....everybody tries to live with a rented places, vut everybody dreams and wants a mansion with servants and slaves and and shit.....all the while all they really need or require ....well ...you get the picture ... and so no stop escalation of "demand" continues .... the perpetual need to be better than the neighbor.

capitalism is about climbing over bodies to get to the top of the heap. communism is about bring everybody down , to get  on top of "them" to be on top of the heap. power is the ability and knowhow to do exactly that and fuck the bodies below them

think about it

if you are unemployed in germany, than you are unemployed by your own fault.

Guest PatrickT

Sorry Patrick, but you just don't sound German at all. More like a neo-liberal Anglo Saxon nitwit. Germans don't think like you do.Power you say?For whom?And what for?So lets kick 7 mil of your own people to the curb because someone in Asia can do their job on the cheap and increase the profit margin of German corporations by 1 or 2%. That way they can pay higher dividents to their Qatari (biggest preferential stock owner of VW), Bahreini and Kuwaiti (bigest shareholders of Daimler) investors. And those good people can use that money to hire more International Jihad enthousiasts and send them to Syria and send milions running. And Germany cuts Social Services for Germans in need to accomodate refugees and the ones who are at the bottom of the German social order get to suffer even more. But the Bosses of the German Corporations are ecstatic cause now, with so many destitute and disconnected people in the country, they can argue for more wage cuts and push for wage slavery so that they can make even bigger profits and pay higher dividents to their Qatari, Kuwaiti and Bahraini shareholders and the circle turns again. Where is the will to Power in that? Reminds me more of hamsters running in a wheel and going nowhere.

i think market orientated. I'm not a leftist fanboy

Guest eyoismos

market orientated and patriotism are almost a  contradiction in terms. patriotism is claimed by the right but so does the left, so your political reference is ...well.... obvious where it belongs ... in the junk heap

patriotism does not have political affiliations

and any fool that thinks otherwise simply is wearing masks of political convenience and horse blinkers

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed