Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest eyoismos

outrageous claim: The Greek islands rightfully belong to Turkey

Guest PatrickT

I don't see your point.

In your photo you look more like a Turk and less like what most people think a German should look like. Does this make you a Turk (I guess maybe you do have Turk blood in you, I don't know...).

Again, the whole discussion of a "pure" race of people is just laughable. There's no such thing. We all have the seeds of several different cultures and "races" planted in us. Even the Mongols were in Europe raping for decades in the 13th-14th centuries. Some of us may very well carry Mongol genes too. Does this makes us part Mongols?

Oh really? I look like a turk? How many turks with blonde hair and blue eyes do you know?

w55k2xmc.jpg

Please no personal insults, ok?

I honestly don´t get why you and others claim turks and greeks are different. The only difference i see is their language and religion. I think from genetical aspects they are the same.

You can take this to us germans as well. We are virtually the same as the dutch and danes. 

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest PatrickT

indeed ...that is the question

at least you have the decency to state the obvious ....that western turks do indeed look like greeks

as opposed so many of questionable repute that dare to talk about greeks look like turks

the answer is quite simple .... look at history for answers

but while you are here ..and talk about heritage and links to he past, and all that. i would pose a question to you, because i havent a clue, and never bothered to investigate

how close is modern german to lets call it ancient german of maybe 1st millenium or even before that?

only if you know of course ... most people of the general variety ,throughout europe, dont get all shall we call it preoccupied or even interested with such linguistic matters

of course i am not referring to germanic languages, for example english and dutch, to name but two, but german ...and again because i dont know, i am thinking vandals and gothic and whatnot

It depends. It is very close. I can read medival texts. The problem is not the words at all but that it sounds strange or unusual in the words they used. The further you go back in time, the more strange it sounds. It is hard to explain in english. I hope you get what i try to say. 

P.s.: I tried something because your question and listend a professor on youtube who talked langobardic, which is old high german. Its amazing but i did understand it. Not evry word of it but the context what he said. Which is amazing. It basicly means i would understand how my ancestors talked like 2000 years ago. 

I'm trying through satire and joking to get the message through as it doesn't seem to resonate when we're talking seriously.

The point is that modern humans are around for nearly 200,000 years give or take. During this time they've moved around, mated with each other, mixed their genes etc.

Today we identify ourselves with a specific "race" or "culture" or "nation" not because our gene pool is 100% Greek or German or whatever, but because we associate ourselves with this group of people who mainly share a common culture, experiences and language.

Like ajax I too have distanced myself from Greek communities, Greek churches etc. here in Canada. I don't participate in any of their events, my kids don't go to the Greek school, and I don't really hang out with many Greeks in the cities I've lived over the years. I have many good and close friends who are not Greeks and I love spending time with them, however, sometimes when I do happen to meet a Greek or go out with a Greek for a coffee or dinner or whatever, something clicks. There's a different connection, and this connection has to do with our shared heritage.

Sure, there are many many Greeks in Greece and outside Greece who are jerks. But there's more of them who are great warm and friendly human beings who really appreciate and enjoy seeing and talking to a compatriot. I've shared some stories of my experiences with Greeks around North America- and the world for that matter - in this forum in the past (and unfortunately these stories have now been lost...), but the point is that wherever I've met a Greek, in the most remote places, I've been treated like gold. This is something that always makes me proud of my heritage. 

My wife, after all the years we're together, is still amazed at the way all Greeks treat me, anywhere in the world we go, when I tell them I'm Greek. 19 years later it's still mind boggling to her. We've been in the company of Indians, Mexicans, Italians, Romanians, Brits, Canadians, Americans...you name it...and every single time the minute a Greek anywhere in the world realizes that I'm Greek they'll go out of the way to treat the whole group like family. No other culture does this as regularly as Greeks do. 

This is our shared culture. Has nothing to do with our genes or whether we have Turkish or Italian or Albanian blood in our bloodline. It's our share psyche as a people.

Oh really? I look like a turk? How many turks with blonde hair and blue eyes do you know?

Yes, you do.

As far as the blue eyes go: http://nell-rose.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Blue-Eyes-Originate-From-The-Black-Sea

Would you ever think that this woman is Turkish?

7709426_f260.jpg

Guest PatrickT

Yes, you do.

As far as the blue eyes go: http://nell-rose.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Blue-Eyes-Originate-From-The-Black-Sea

Would you ever think that this woman is Turkish?

7709426_f260.jpg

Thanks for the personal insult. I don´t look like a turk nor do i have any turk relatives in my family. I´m pure german. My fathers side is from Frankfurt, my mothers side frpm Thüringen. 

Επισκέπτης

ok ... i will give it a go, as i have a few moments to spare

ancient greek poem right?  ( i assume so , because it has some kind of "beat" or form or something like that, )

always difficult because poems by nature, irrespective of language, dont normally follow the flow of normal "text"

1st line

"κούραι"  ...first thing that pops into my mind "επικουρικός" meaning subsidiary, or providing help or support, or something to that effect...but the word is actually a synthesis of "επι-" + "κούρος" ... and then i remember the statues representing the young warriors of old... so i would naturally assume "¨κούρος" in the poem (?) refers to youth

"μαλακοίσι" ... first reaction "μαλακία" ....immediate gut react .... dont be a wanker...ancient greek poets by enlarge whos works withstood the ides of time didnt exactly brandish gutter language strait out of some "teke" wasted on high octane crack.... first logical reaction.... "μαλακός" meaning soft

"λογοισιν" ... λόγος ... word, speech, speak

so far then something about youth and softly speaking, mabe even calmly speaking

"παρφάμεναι" ...real difficult one ... because i cant think of any word from the top of my head  from the modern language....but greek being that it is .... break it down ..."παρά-" besides, accompanied ...... " φαμεναι" .... hmmmm? for some reason i thin of the word φήμη.... fame, reputation .... hmmmm? pt it together ... .with fame or reputation .... i would say maybe persuade? convince? advise ? anyway, something like that

2nd line

"πείσαν" ...immediately i think persuade ... kind fits with the previous derivative i came up with...after all ...its a poem

"eπιφραδέως" ... 1st reaction due to uncertainly, break it down ... "επί-" + "φραδέως" 1st one obviously = with, onto, etc ...2nd ...? ... first and gut reaction ... something to do with "φραση", ...phrase, express word...or thereabouts .. so i would say overall ...with thought or foresight

fuck it ... this is taking fr to long.... but ultimately ... with a little bit of "elbow grease", logic, and general knowledge of modern greek.... and if one takes the "whole" ancient writing, thus accumulating towards lets call it a form of distillation via a sequence of singular rejections, or acceptances, eventually we would zero in towards the objective of a proper translation

now i dare any modern educated brit to do the same with his own language of 10th-11th century, let alone before the B.C. cut off date, for i say they cant

and yet nobody as the audacity to deny his herritage of his past

as opposed to some bright sparks who refuse to acknowledge the same about the greeks and their strong ties to their past

makes you wonder what their motives are

:)

In other words you have no freaking idea of what the passage means. It's all Chinese to you. Even worse. You can't grasp any of the meaning because you assume Novo-Graecian homophones to have the same meaning as their REAL GREEK counterparts.

Guest eyoismos

w55k2xmc.jpg

Please no personal insults, ok?

I honestly don´t get why you and others claim turks and greeks are different. The only difference i see is their language and religion. I think from genetical aspects they are the same.

You can take this to us germans as well. We are virtually the same as the dutch and danes. 

wait ... the picture in your avatar, and the picture above is the one and the same person? i fail to see any resemblance whatsoever ...perhaps you maybe need to post the avator picture in a larger format, because in its current form definitely says east med maybe aegean

Guest eyoismos

In other words you have no freaking idea of what the passage means. It's all Chinese to you. Even worse. You can't grasp any of the meaning because you assume Novo-Graecian homophones to have the same meaning as their REAL GREEK counterparts.

far from it ... i think i have a reasonable idea .... and if i made the effort and translate the whole thing, i reckon i could approach "the truth" to a reasonable mascimile, especially if one takes the text as a whole, as opposed to a sum of words strung together in isolation

point is ... the 2 languages, ancient ad modern greek, are close enough, that given the time and effort, one can reasonably understand overall what is about

but do me a favor, only because i am quite lazy  about it, and to "calm my curiosity", how about an accurate translation

Guest eyoismos

Thanks for the personal insult. I don´t look like a turk nor do i have any turk relatives in my family. I´m pure german. My fathers side is from Frankfurt, my mothers side frpm Thüringen. 

and before that ....? .... i mean how far back can you guarantee "purity" ,.....after all ...

attilamap.jpg

what makes you so convinced to think attila and his huns didnt "dip the dipstick" somewhere long the line

i agree with admin.... no such thing as purity, only approximation. even we greeks understand that

Επισκέπτης

So then if the Germans repeatedly raped the Russian women during WWII and then the Russians did the same when they took over Germany does this make today's Germans Russians, and the Russians Germans?

So when we're pissed with the Germans we're really pissed with the Russians, and when we befriend the Russians we really befriend the Germans? Putin may in fact be German, and Merkel may be Russian!

I'm confused... :D

What a wonderfully complicated world...

And here WE are today. The result of a 20 century nonstop gangrape and yet you claim exclusivity on GREEKNESS. That's just pathetic. So lets rant about the Macedonians because they dare to name themselves by the name of the land they dwell in. Or lets get all worked up about the Turks claiming some Ottoman Islands. Not too long ago the Syriza crowd was holding up banners saying the Aegean belongs to its Fishes. So why not let the Fishes deal with Turkish claims?

And Eyo, what do you mean by

eyo:

everybody's gene pool is pretty messed up in some form or another, but .... general characteristics do somehow "come through"

And what generall characteristics would that be in your case? Those of your Gypsy/Arvanite/Vlach/Turk/Arab/Jew immediate progenitors or those of the Ancient Hellenes who were eradicated almost 20 centuries ago?

Just wondering! Do you claim Hellenic identity due to your racial affiliation? It sure sounds that way on occasion.

Guest eyoismos

my avatar pic is take with bad webcam and light:

btcr6eyw.jpg

yimyvdu6.jpg

I look like any other german and i find it insulting to be labelled something else. 

nope ...still doesnt look the same person as the other picture

and yes ... the above is not typical of what one perceives as a "german look", and rest assured no insult is intended, i swear it !!!

so do get all hissy about it and take it personally... it just is... and personally i dont give a rats ass how you "look" to somebody outside germany.. i accept what you are as you perceive it and have no problem with it

and yes... there re a couple of greeks i know that have a similar "look" .. but if you insist... who knows ..... maybe they are of "german extraction", somewhere along the line :)

after all ... the goths did their thing in greece too

EmpireMap5.jpg

Guest eyoismos

And what generall characteristics would that be in your case? Those of your Gypsy/Arvanite/Vlach/Turk/Arab/Jew immediate progenitors or those of the Ancient Hellenes who were eradicated almost 20 centuries ago?

eradicated ?

surely you can prove this ...after all you seem to imply that all those you mentioned didnt get eradicated? with all those invsions and counter invasions?? seriously ? i mean whi is it that the greek got eradicated and the others didnt.

now you are being foolish

Guest eyoismos

btcr6eyw.jpgw55k2xmc.jpg

what you see from your eyes are diametrically opposed to what i see through mine

sure.... there might be some similarities, but truth be told, i could never visualize that these 2 pictures are one and the same person

do i give a damn ? hell no ! if you insist that both are one and the same. so be it without any prejudice on my behalf... i will take your word for it ... but at this point  i would not be able recognize the one and the same person if coming across on the street

be it constantly amazes me that you automatically get "insulted" for the ever so slightest of excuses .... now THAT is indeed pathetic

it almost like ... if one doesnt agree with you 1,000% ... off you go about being insulted

clearly you have issues

Guest eyoismos

by the way ... out of curiosity ... i did the photoshop thing and brought skin tone color and all that to approxiamtely the same

and STILL i couldnt identify as one and the same person

no big deal though

i will gladly take what you said at face value and put it down to a read bad pic of yourself

no skin off my teeth

unless you immediately react and go all wussy about being "insulted" again

in which case you really have a problem

if not ...fantastic

we can actually agree to disagree, without somebody throwing their toys out the cot

Επισκέπτης

eradicated ?

surely you can prove this ...after all you seem to imply that all those you mentioned didnt get eradicated? with all those invsions and counter invasions?? seriously ? i mean whi is it that the greek got eradicated and the others didnt.

now you are being foolish

There have been about a dozen depopulation and resettlement events in Greece since the ancient times. Of the last one, that took place in Makedonia I have first hand accounts. Guess what: There were no Greeks in Macedonia at the beginning of the 20th century. There were Turks, Bulgarians, Jews, Albanians, Arvanite, Aromanians and Gypsies. When southern Macedonia became part of Greece the Turks and the greater part of the Bulgarians and Albanians were driven out. The Bulgarians and Albanians who were part of the "Greek" Church remained in place but few of them spoke Greek. Neither did the Aromanians and Arwanite. The only Greek speakers in the region were actually the Jews of Selanik. That was one of the reasons Venizelos was so eager to exchange populations with Turkey. He needed some Anatolian pseudo Greeks to secure the region for Greece.

When my Grandfathers came to Greece there were NO GREEK SPEAKERS in Macedonia with the exception of the Jews, Orthodox clergy and few urban traders and craftsmen. In the years that followed Greece implemented a forced "Graekisation" policy. You had constables, most of them Cretans, run around and force people who didn't speek Greek eat dirt. As a result most people in Macedonia learned Greek by the dawn of WW II.

The Jews were deported during WWII, the Bulgars and Albanians did of course attempt to regain their place during the German occupation. And even after that, the civil war that followed had a distinct ethnic dimension which "Greek" history chooses to ignore. Pontians or Vlachs would almost always fight on the side of the national army while Slavophones would almost always fight for the Communist side.

After the civil war ended an great-uncle of mine who served as an officer during WW II would go with his men into villages where people spoke Slavic Macedonian they would round them up on the main square and have them stare at the sun for 3 hours straight to teach them proper Greek. And now fifty years latter we can all pretend to be real Macedonians and the heirs of little Alex. Pathetic.

All that asside, do you claim Greekness on the grounds of genetics? Your insistence on "Greek" Genetic continuity seems to suggest you do.

Guest eyoismos

There have been about a dozen depopulation and resettlement events in Greece since the ancient times. Of the last one, that took place in Makedonia I have first hand accounts. Guess what: There were already no Greeks in Macedonia at the beginning of the 20th century. There were Turks, Bulgarians, Jews, Albanians, Arvanite, Aromanians and Gypsies. When southern Macedonia became part of Greece the Turks and the greater part of the Bulgarians and Albanians were driven out. The Bulgarians and Albanians who were part of the "Greek" Church remained in place but few of them spoke Greek. Neither did the Aromanians and Arwanite. The only Greek speakers in the region were actually the Jews of Selanik. That was one of the reasons Venizelos was so eager to exchange populations with Turkey. He needed some Anatolian pseudo Greeks to secure the region for Greece.

and yet ....

On the eve of the 20th century, Macedonians were a Greek minority population in a number of areas inside the multiethnic region of Macedonia, more so away from the coast. They lived alongside Slavic-speaking populations, most of whom had come to be identified as Serbs, and other ethnicities such as Jews, Turks and Albanians. However, the ethnic Greeks were the predominant population in the southern zone of the region which comprised the best part of modern Greek Macedonia. Bulgarian actions to exploit the Bulgarian population of Macedonia with the foundation of the Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization and the influence of the Bulgarian Exarchate on the region, led to the Ilinden Uprising which was shut down by Ottoman forces; these events provoked Greece to help the Macedonians to resist both Ottoman and Bulgarian forces, by sending military officers who formed bands made up of Macedonians and other Greek volunteers, something that resulted in the Macedonian Struggle from 1904–1908, which ended with the Young Turk Revolution.[28][29] According to the 1904 census, conducted by Hüseyin Hilmi Pasha for the Ottoman authorities, the Greeks were the predominant population in the vilayets of Thessaloniki and Monastir, outnumbered in the vilayet of Kosovo by the Bulgarians who formed the majority

and even earlier ...

The Greek revolution in Macedonia started in Chalkidiki, where the population was almost entirely Greek.[16] On 28 May 1821, Yussuf Bey of Thessaloniki, alarmed by the danger of a general insurrection, demanded hostages from the region. At the time that his troops arrived at Polygyros, the local insurgents and monks from Mount Athos uprised and killed the Turkish voivod and his guards, compelling the Ottomans to retire to Thessaloniki. Yussuf Bey took the revenge by beheading a bishop, impaling three dignitaries while in durance and imprisoning a lot of Christians in Thessaloniki.[17] The Ottomans also turned Muslims and Jews against the Greeks, stating that the latters intended to exterminate non-Christian populations. That was the first accomplishment of the Greek side under Emmanouel Pappas, who had assumed at the time the title of "General of Macedonia"; he managed to capture Chalkidiki and threaten Thessaloniki but, in June, the Greek forces retreated from Vasilika and were finally superseded.[18] Letters from the period show Pappas either being addressed or signing himself as "Leader and Defender of Macedonia" and is today considered a Greek hero along with the unnamed Macedonians that fought with him.[19] The revolution in Chalkidiki ended on 27 December, with the submission of Mount Athos to the Ottomans.[20]

i am not even once denying some of the atrocities made both all sides where despicable at best ...but your unilateral declarations seem have a lot to be desired in terms of accuracy

Επισκέπτης

There hasn't been a single Greek in Macedonia, north and south, for at least thousand years. My hometown, Selanik, is an Ottoman city that grew over the ruins of ancient Thessaloniki. None of its inhabitands are Greek. Not by ancestry. Not by culture. Not by language. Greek is a foreign language that was forced on the peoples of Macedonia. True enough. We all hold Greek passports. But the only reason for that is the stupidity of my Ottoman Grandparents to follow the black robbed Pharisees of the Orthodox Church.That's the same for all idiots running around claiming to be Greek nowadays. Had my grandparents not done so, I would have grown up among my Rum and Laz cousins in Anatolia and become a proud Turk.

Do you seriously claim Greekness on the grounds of genetics? Do you insist on Greek Genetic continuity?

Guest PatrickT

btcr6eyw.jpgw55k2xmc.jpg

what you see from your eyes are diametrically opposed to what i see through mine

sure.... there might be some similarities, but truth be told, i could never visualize that these 2 pictures are one and the same person

do i give a damn ? hell no ! if you insist that both are one and the same. so be it without any prejudice on my behalf... i will take your word for it ... but at this point  i would not be able recognize the one and the same person if coming across on the street

be it constantly amazes me that you automatically get "insulted" for the ever so slightest of excuses .... now THAT is indeed pathetic

it almost like ... if one doesnt agree with you 1,000% ... off you go about being insulted

clearly you have issues

maybe its yourmold age so your vision is simply bad.

Guest eyoismos

There hasn't been a single Greek in Macedonia, north and south, for at least thousand years.

WOW !!!! where do you come up with these "facts"?

During the Ottoman period, the city's population of mainly Greek Jews and Ottoman Muslims (including those of Turkish and Albanian, as well as Bulgarian Muslim and Greek Muslim convert origin) grew substantially. By 1478 Selânik (سلانیك), as the city came to be known in Ottoman Turkish, had a population of 4,320 Muslims, 6,094 Greek Orthodox and some Catholics, but no Jews. Soon after the turn of the 15th to 16th century, nearly 20,000 Sephardic Jews had immigrated to Greece from Spain following their expulsion by the 1492 Alhambra Decree.[64] By c. 1500, the numbers had grown to 7,986 Greeks, 8,575 Muslims, and 3,770 Jews. By 1519, Sephardic Jews numbered 15,715, 54% of the city's population. Some historians consider the Ottoman regime's invitation to Jewish settlement was a strategy to prevent the ethnic Greek population (Eastern Orthodox Christians) from dominating the city

My hometown, Selanik, is an Ottoman city that grew over the ruins of ancient Thessaloniki. None of its inhabitands are Greek. Not by ancestry. Not by culture. Not by language

WOW ! where do you come up with these "facts"

When Sultan Murad II captured Thessaloniki and sacked it in 1430, contemporary reports estimated that about one-fifth of the city's population was enslaved.[59] Upon the conquest of Thessaloniki, some of its inhabitants escaped,[60] including intellectuals such as Theodorus Gaza "Thessalonicensis" and Andronicus Callistus.[61] However, the change of sovereignty from the Byzantine Empire to the Ottoman one did not affect the city's prestige as a major imperial city and trading hub.[62][63] Thessaloniki and Smyrna, although smaller in size than Constantinople, were the Ottoman Empire's most important trading hubs.[62] Thessaloniki's importance was mostly in the field of shipping,[62] but also in manufacturing,[63] while most of the city's trade was controlled by ethnic Greeks

and so it goes on

but the best yet ....

I would have grown up among my Rum and Laz cousins in Anatolia and become a proud Turk.

as opposed to you being now a proud greek, right ?

seriously you have issues and problems of conscious

Guest eyoismos

maybe its yourmold age so your vision is simply bad.

hahahahahahha

maybe you are right ... but i do wear glasses that give me 20-20 vision when close to the computer screen ... so ...naaah ! dont think so

but i like that you actually possess some humor ....at least i think so

i am now tempted to get my hands on some morphing software, superimpose the photos and see what develops

(*big grin*)

I can keep up with you guys, lol

This has been taken so off topic. 

I just got one comment, Patrick you are the best looking Turk I have ever seen   :D . But seriously, I do not think you understand what a Turk is, the great majority of Turks are descendants of Slavs, Greeks, Armenians, Arabs, Albanian, Kurds, .... people whose ancestors were under occupation and converted to the Muslim religion for significantly better treatment under the ottoman empire. So I have made Green eyed Turkish friend here in Chicago region, and a Turkish doctor I used to work with that probably looks with what people stereotype Turks as looking. With that said, being told that you look like a Turk and getting offended is a joke, it is what you think you are that is more important. 

Guest eyoismos

it is what you think you are that is more important

AMEN to that !!! and well said

as for the silly question that ajax asked ...about genetics and all that ....besides the fact of the above, which i strongly support, and have consisitely supported...which makes a mockery of that idiotic question, i would also like to add ....

There is no tracing the connection of ancient nations, but by language; and therefore I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigree of nations. If you find the same language in distant countries, you may be sure that the inhabitants of each have been the same people; that is to say, if you find the languages a good deal the same; for a word here and there being the same, will not do

Samuel Johnson

Επισκέπτης

lets repost your source

During the Ottoman period, the city's population of mainly Greek Jews and Ottoman Muslims (including those of Turkish and Albanian, as well as Bulgarian Muslim and Greek Muslim convert origin) grew substantially. By 1478 Selânik (سلانیك), as the city came to be known in Ottoman Turkish, had a population of 4,320 Muslims, 6,094 Greek Orthodox and some Catholics, but no Jews. Soon after the turn of the 15th to 16th century, nearly 20,000 Sephardic Jews had immigrated to Greece from Spain following their expulsion by the 1492 Alhambra Decree.[64] By c. 1500, the numbers had grown to 7,986 Greeks, 8,575 Muslims, and 3,770 Jews. By 1519, Sephardic Jews numbered 15,715, 54% of the city's population. Some historians consider the Ottoman regime's invitation to Jewish settlement was a strategy to prevent the ethnic Greek population (Eastern Orthodox Christians) from dominating the city

Where the hell does it mention Greeks? Do you mistake Greek Orthodox for Greek?

There were a minority of roughly 8000 GREEK ORTHODOX in Selanik by 1500 according to your own source. And even you can not deny that a great many of them would have been of Slavic peoples who started flooding into Greece after the 7th century.

The previous inhabitants of the city were wiped out by the Gothic troops of Theodosius in 390 AD.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Thessalonica

By 400 AD The rest of Greece was laid to waste by Alaric. And the population of Greece wasn't even Greek at that time. During Roman times slaves from all over the empire outnumbered Romans, to whom the few remaining ethnic Greeks counted, by 5 to 1. After the edict of Milan the Slaves eagerly converted to Christianity and became Citizens and the majority of the Roman Population in the east. Those people, of whom we are the mongrel offspring, called themselves ROMANS. Not only were they not GREEK. They hated everything Greek with a Passion.

Our "kind" only chose to call themselves "GREEK" after Ancient Greek Culture became fashionable in the capitals of the European Enlightenment. That's all there is to it.

So let me ask you again. What the Hell makes you Greek? Is it your Genes?

Forget it. As Jakob Fallmerayer accurately observed:

Das Geschlecht der Hellenen ist in Europa ausgerottet. Denn auch nicht ein Tropfen edlen und ungemischten Hellenenblutes fließt in den Adern der christlichen Bevölkerung des heutigen Griechenlands.

This is the truth and this is how cultured people in Europe see Greece and us Novo-Graecians.

Επισκέπτης

Well the post deals with Turkish claims in the Aegean. So perhaps I should post something in regards to the topic.

The dominant position within the governing SYRIZA party as far as the Aegean is concerned can be summarized as follows:

dsc02669.jpg?w=640&h=480

So I say let the fishes deal with Turkish claims in the Aegean. The whole issue doesn't affect us a bit.

Who are the "cultured people in Europe"? The descendants of Attila the Hun? Or possibly the descendants of the Vikings?

Or maybe you consider pretty cultured what the "cultured people in Europe" did to the Jews, gypsies etc. and of course to your fellow Greeks in WWII. Very cultured indeed.

You don't even need to go further back in time but if you insist you can take a look at all the achievements and all that culture which came from the "cultured people in Europe". From the eradication of the indigenous people of the Americas, to the enslavement of the people of Africa and Asia and the rest of the goods and enlightenment the cultured people of Europe brought to this world.

Επισκέπτης

Who are the "cultured people in Europe"? The descendants of Attila the Hun? Or possibly the descendants of the Vikings?

Those are the grand children of Goethe, Shiller, Rutherford, Planck, Nobel, Bernouli, Pauli, Flemming, Hegel, Heideger, Nietsche,

Turing, Marconi, Prandl, Otto, Fraunhofer, Volta, Faraday, Thomson, Joule, Ampere, Roentgen, Curie, Boltzman, Mach, Maxwell, Schroedinger, Broglie, Watson.... and many many more.

The cultured people of Europe are the close descendants of those who created the world we live in. With all its sins and virtues.

Curious though. If I had made a similar remark about the savages that wash up on our shores you would not hesitate to call me a racist but you don't seem to notice underhanded racism in your statement.

Guest PatrickT

Or maybe you consider pretty cultured what the "cultured people in Europe" did to the Jews, gypsies etc. and of course to your fellow Greeks in WWII. Very cultured indeed.

You don't even need to go further back in time but if you insist you can take a look at all the achievements and all that culture which came from the "cultured people in Europe". From the eradication of the indigenous people of the Americas, to the enslavement of the people of Africa and Asia and the rest of the goods and enlightenment the cultured people of Europe brought to this world.

What did your people achieve in the last 200 years?

Its us germans who basicly created the world we have today.

80% of the technology you use evry day is german. Be it the car which was invented from Daimler. Be it X-Rays discovered from Röntgen, be it Jet Engines, developped from messerschmidt or Satellites and rockets - build from Wernher von Braun.

Your peoples time was 2000 years ago. Past. And spare your crocodile tears for primitive savages in africa and asia and the americas. When your only invention in 40.000 years is a spear, then you deserve to be crushed. 

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed