Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest eyoismos

Panama Papers

Guest eyoismos

from your article ...

at least one observer, Craig Murray, a former British diplomat, has suggested that the journalists investigating the leak may be overemphasizing the role of non-Western figures, such as Putin and Assad. “What if they did Mossack Fonseca searches on every listed company in the western stock exchanges, and on every western millionaire they could trace?” Murray wrote in a blog post on Monday. “That would be much more interesting. I know Russia and China are corrupt, you don’t have to tell me that.”

to which is say .... duh !!! politically motivated "find the enemy, but hide your own"

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

yeah ... why germany ? luck of the draw, or something else

and if , as you say , "They choose what they want to disclose and put their spin on it." ... IF its true ...the number of terabytes would be a shit load more ... considering what has been leaked, the possibility of the idea that more is hidden, and that just from panama, is quite frankly terrifying

any volunteers for some leaks from the other "partners in crime", aka so called legitimate tax havens ? you know .... maybe for example Luxembourg, etc ?

Guest eyoismos

you would be very surprised.... i mean rich countries have extensive money laundering regulations, so its doubtful that the "missing trillions" are actually there, in the rich ones. on the other hand, there are an awful lot of "investments" being made in the rich countries, (and elsewhere) ...and the source ...you guessed it .... the tax havens and their dummy corporations

Guest eyoismos

but you did prompt me to ask myself .... how much money is there hidden in the tax havens

so i did my goggle thing and ....

'The Hidden Wealth Of Nations' Author Explores World Of Offshore Tax Havens

NPR's Ari Shapiro talks with Gabriel Zucman, author of The Hidden Wealth of Nations, about the leaked Panama papers and what they say about the practice of hiding money offshore worldwide. He's estimated that up to 8 percent of the world's financial wealth is hidden away.

so i now wonder (because one has to) how true is his guesstimates ? under- or over- estimating?

Guest eyoismos

and since you are, i presume, in canada ....

How offshore banking is costing Canada billions of dollars a year

that translate to outright theft from the state that could be funneled into social services, ie... the people ... who are subsequently forced to pay even more taxes than they should, just to keep those social services and others , like i dont know ...roads  building and maintenance, medical,  unemployment, etc etc etc

which is EXACTLY why i didnt distinguish between criminal money and tax evasion

Guest eyoismos

a ) nobody said anything about tax avoidance

b ) since tax avoidance is not a crime, how can it be prosecuted ?

c ) do you honestly think that tax havens is about tax avoidance? seriously? its to hide money. pure and simple, no matter how lawyers might want to sugar coat it, while jumping in and out of loop-holes

Guest eyoismos

oh i understand fully , but it seems  you are not understanding what i am saying

1 ) lawyers are full of shit, and legally we can do jack shit about it

2 ) corporates and individuals are full of shit, and legally we can do jack shit about it

3 ) (2) constantly use (1) to make tax evasion look like "legal" tax avoidance

did i explain my self better ? :P

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed