Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

Ideas on how diaspora can help Greece

Guest FriendofGreece

I mentioned in another thread how important it is for diaspora to help Greece, and in so doing, to think out of the box to find innovative ways. Money is not necessarily the only way but looking for people who have money and are willing to help is a way. But above all, using the talent and experience that diaspora can bring is priceless.

Here is an idea:

http://www.ekathimerini.com/206667/article/ekathimerini/community/initiative-takes-practical-steps-to-halt-countrys-brain-drain

I am sure the big Greek diaspora can think of many other ways to help.

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest FriendofGreece

Free university education in Greece and now paying taxes to the other countries:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/02/greeces-highly-educated-professionals-reach-out-to-diaspora-in-search-of-work

"Karalis calls this exodus of professionals from his homeland “squandering the intellectual and social capital” of Greece, a brain drain from which the country will struggle to recover.

“It means that in five or 10 years Greece could be left with no educated elite who could take over and modernise the country. These people have been educated in the country, the Greek state paid for their education, and now they’ll leave and the benefit will be harvested by another state. Not to mention in all these cases the human cost, most of these people have left families behind,” he said."

http://www.pappaspost.com/how-one-philadelphia-entrepreneur-is-helping-greece/

" “We could easily staff our office here in the United States with developers, designers and all the positions we need to do the work for our clients,” Sifakis told The Pappas Post.

“But why not staff these positions with able-bodied, talented people in Greece? This is my way of helping— not with charity, but by employing 40 Greeks and supporting 40 Greek families struggling through this crisis and offering these people employment, professional development and dignity— which they deserve. These people can dream again, and for me, that’s a big thing.”

And work isn’t all Sifakis is offering them. He focuses a lot of offering professional development for the people who work for him in Greece. Many have gotten their start with customedialabs and have moved on to big Silicon Valley and European tech companies. Sifakis gave them the opportunity to interface for the first time with a global audience, essentially building their portfolio and resumes."

Er ... they could have stayed in Greece and help other start-ups instead of movin to Silicon Valley and European tech companies.

Guest eyoismos

greece has been chasing the worthy away for years

what holds is not meritocracy, but idiocracy supreme

at one point i was offered an opportunity to find a job there back home ...."we got all the correct connections"  blah blah blah

my response was quite simple ...fuck you all ... as soon as the government changes i would be immediately sidelined, demoted,  or even fired, and to hell with my expertise - i kiss nobody's ass

and stayed in africa

Guest eyoismos

give us representation !!!! and the vote !

we in the diaspora CAN make a difference ?

what can those political morons back home do ?..... touch our fortunes we have managed to achieve in the diaspora? blackmail us, pull mafia style tactics for protection money? steal from ys what we have already lost bock home? what?

good luck to them.

and next time they come begging for money from "us"  we can tell them "suck my you know what"

and "bend over ... i am greek too !!!"

if we had representation we are given the opportunity to call a spade, a spade ,,,. and that for starts

Guest eyoismos

the diaspora has been trying for that for ages, we are talking decades here, and the various governments of the political spectrum keep on making promises and promises and more promises, and examining and re-examining and examing again and all the rest of the bullshit  ...for ages ....all the while jockeying for political favoritism which has sweet blow-all relationship with the benefit of the nation as a whole

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed