Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

my trip cruise to Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles and La Reunion

Guest PatrickT
Just came back from my super awesome 14 day cruise on indian ocean and want share some pics with you. 

It was plain and simple awesome. Mauritius, Seychelles and La reunion were pure paradise...and Madagascar...was by far greatest experience i ever had. To see this nature up close was amazing. The animals and flowers are so unique. 80% of spcies living on Madagascar are endemic. Its like a small continent.

I saw so many reptiles, birds, lemurs and so on and want use this topic to show you. I would also be happy if you guys could help me out with some species that i don´t know what they were.

I will start it chronological and also show some impressions from the entire tour. 

I started from Frankfurt with Condor Flugdienst. Our aircraft was quite nice:

g7cny79z.jpg

72uhcs4i.jpg

The flight was really long. It too 12 hours till we landed on Mauritius

Mauritius was awesome and beautiful:

cezyb64m.jpg

I saw this bird there, can anyone tell me what it is?

7piyoffl.jpg

The inner valleys are gigantic:

sih24ywe.jpg

also lots of wild monkeys there:

They said they were introduced by the dutch there:

6mvzsefs.jpg

We watched an area covered with really colorful volcanic ash:

tdmwqpte.jpg

We then left after few days for the Seychelles...

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest PatrickT
Seychelels were awesome as well. On Mahe on our way to the Catamarn for La Digue i spottedt several skinks:

pmfiauve.jpg

I think they are named Seychelels Skink

I also saw several Seychelles cardinals:

tpzc2vyj.jpg

And of course Aldabra giant turtle:

srmjpvec.jpg

It was also interesting, that i could spot this strange bird. Does anyone know what it is?

uddl6597.jpg

We then took the Catamaran to the island Praslin. We visited the Valle de Mai which has giant forest of endemic Coco de Mer palm trees:

83aba6ep.jpg

jwn9dswl.jpg

I saw this wonderful day gecko there. It was a pair but i only managed to get a pic of one:

8ivmbyf2.jpg

can anyone guess the species?

We then left for the rest of the day to the neighbor island La Digue, famous for its beaches.

Guest PatrickT
La Digue has awesome landscales and beaches:

xffitdjk.jpg

There was a brakish and mangrove area where a small river went into the sea and on its shores i spotted several mudskippers:

ifsi5ml9.jpg

Too be honest i saw no reptiles on La Digue beside the typical seychelles skink. But the beaches were stunning:

pacezdqx.jpg

the waves were kinda new for me :D

I first did not go far into it and first checked out how exactly it worked:

then checked it out :D

td7dcrdr.jpg

drinking coconut stuff there is a great way to end the day and we left for Madagaskar later on...and i must say while evry place was amazing, Madagaskar was a blast.

Guest PatrickT
We first visited the Lokobe rain forest. 

j58rbpv8.jpg

You reach this place with small canu and we had a local guide who toured us through the forest. One must know that Madagascar is not a tourist area,. Its a very poor nation but people are so friendly, proud and welcoming that its simply awesome. Since there are virtually little to no tourists as a german you get pretty famous pretty fast. Wherever i went people came, greeted me and invited me or wanted a picture.

We took a canu to the forest and one guy from a local village led us through the forest:

dczgc3uh.jpg

bifttelo.jpg

indbxxyi.jpg

The forest itself was an awesome place full of exotic animals and maybe you guys can label some for me?

Guest PatrickT
I saw this Furcifer pardalis chamaeleon:

nw2ep5k5.jpg

and we first spotted a small brown lemur in the trees:

ujs6vkx7.jpg

and another one:

ajz6jowd.jpg

w5qpdybi.jpg

the brown are female and black ones male.

jtafanyo.jpg

on the forest floor between dry leafs we found a dwarf chameleon Brookesia...there were dozens of them:

yw2jw722.jpg

cht3svrx.jpg

sxawlpvm.jpg

Guest PatrickT
I think this is some form of Uroplatus gecko? Can you label it? We found 2. They were pretty big:

ljzygju8.jpg

4bk8d888.jpg

xelh9vet.jpg

2j74l8ex.jpg

We also spotted a quite big madagascar ground boa, which was super nice to see in the wild, considering how rare this species is.

p8b4dnbk.jpg

ygce2kst.jpg

udyy4qyr.jpg

We also spotted a small colubrid snake. But the pic is bad because she was very fast. Maybe you can tell me what it was? I marked it:

xbgtio.jpg

Guest PatrickT
Next day we went to Diego Suarez and visited the red Tsingy. Thats a canyon in a savannah like environment. It looks awesome:

9li4ypx9.jpg

Baobab trees:

35jsdrpe.jpg

4z3yi5px.jpg

we spotted this chameleon there. Maybe you know its species?

46kpntl6.jpg

x9fbovg8.jpg

We stayed over night at a village and those two ladies here owned a shop there and invited my and my buddy:

nrxi6cen.jpg

It was super awesome and we both became like an attraction there. They cooked tons of food for us and i felt like my belly will burst. When we went back at hotel at night i was so full that i just dropped into the bed:

zl59plef.jpg

I think i never before had so much rice, chicken ever before. 

t3r6yr2i.jpg

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed