Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

Do you prefer long or short hair on men?

Guest FriendofGreece

Ajaxmonkey - :D  not even a single hair?

Hi Eleni, welcome back to the forum!   :) If it is you in the picture, you have nice hair.  

It is true that the hair style depends on many things. Although I wonder to what length (no pun intended) some men go to keep their hair short. I know one man who goes to the barber every 2 weeks. Another one has a monthly appointment set ahead with his hairdresser. 

This is a male singer (Pascal Obispo) whom I find pretty good. He is bald usually (does not look bad, it fits him) but has a new hair style here. Only question I have is how he manages it.

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Επισκέπτης

actually, I had a ponytail for 25 years until 6 weeks ago. At that point I encountered Saitama Sensei whom I've accepted as my lord and savior. I shaved my head in the image of my Sensei, ordered an Oppai hoodie from crunchyroll.com and have been following Sensei's teachings ever since. My shaved head is a manifestation of my spiritual rebirth.

original.png

Guest FriendofGreece

That is a joke, right? It is just a cartoon.  :D

About hair length, actually, it is interesting that in some ancient cultures, men kept their hair very long, probably never cut them in their whole life. It seems that they wanted to keep some kind of energy with the hair. In contrast, ancient Greek men seem to be the few men who cut their hair short, although they had long beards. 

I think that Homer makes a mention that Achilles cut his hair to mourn the death of Patroclus (so I'd assume that he had long hair and cutting his hair short would be a sign of humility and mourning). I also seem to remember somewhere a mention about Athena "grabbing Achilles by his golden hair", so I'd assume that his hair must have been long.

There are also a mention of Odysseus' long hair in Iliad if I remember correctly and there are several other mentions about hair in the Iliad and Odyssey. For example Menelaos was supposedly red-haired form what I can remember.

In trying to find those passages in the Iliad and Odyssey I found this instead which is quite interesting: http://classical-inquiries.chs.harvard.edu/a-haircut-for-achilles-and-a-model-for-greeks-in-the-post-heroic-era/

Guest FriendofGreece

Indeed, very interesting, thanks for the article, Admin. 

That ancient Greek men also had long hair may be logical, if we find that in so many other cultures too. The funny thing is that while men started having short hair as a custom in the world, it is still considered natural for women to have long hair.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed