Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Jen

Anger - taming the beast

Anger is a completely normal, usually healthy, human emotion. But when it gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to problems—problems at work, in your personal relationships, and in the overall quality of your life.

how to you deal with it?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

well ... what i did when my son tried that move in the supermarket once, when he was like 2 or 3 or so ... no jokes ..... he went all ballistic and threw a temper tantrum right there on the floor .... massive embarrassment for me and the mrs ... everybody was staring, ...the works ... but i did something stupid and unexpected by him.... and everybody else in the supermarket... and my wife has an all "oh horror! am i married to this moron?" ..... i got down on the floor and had a temper tantrum of my own ... only better - hahahahaha ... my wife walked away with an air of ... " i dont know this wanker" ... but my son? he immediately stopped his crap , stared at me with a "WTF!!!" written all over his face ...and " how the hell am i supposed to compete with that?" ... i swear... just remembering that incident and the picture of his face ...PRICELESS - wlll never forget it ... or how low one might go to accommodate rugrats

needless to say ... never tried that again in public .... hahahahaha ...

in private?

wow! now that brings back lots of memories, ....good , bad, funny, sad, infuriating, hilarious .......

Guest eyoismos

believe you me .... i was furious .... we are talking steam out of my ears furious - some things you just dont forget

but at that moment ...something kicked in and overpowered me

and .... yup .... i DID lose it ... only not conventionally

maybe its because it was my son, ...my one and only ... ...as opposed to somebody elses ....maybe .... probably

i deal with anger in similar ways, using sarcasm, humour and doing handstands to defuse situations 

but recently i was told that kind of behaviour causes an accumulation of anger that will find its way to disperse at the wrong time

so now I'm looking for ways to let it rip before the explosion lol

Guest eyoismos

whoever told you that is right, i think

but it depends

sarcasm and mockery can be a powerful "weapon" to get through to thick skulls

but only if anger is not "underlying" at that particular moment, and forcefully kept in check

but blowing once top every now and then helps one keep their sanity .... providing, and i emphasize this, providing one has the strength of character, to say after Hiroshima was experienced, "ok its over ... now what where we talking about? "

damn difficult to do at the best of times ...which suggest once actually needed a cataclysmic cosmic event of epic proportions to "get over it" and restore serenity in once's universe

:)

Guest eyoismos

does that even work?

i was told on repeated occasions to count up to 10 to calm down before i react

so i did ..... count up to 10 ...and THEN i would explode....get it over and done with, and back to normal, no grudges held

think pressure cooker and release valve ...and after the heat is removed ... all is fine in paradise

some people think it wrong ..to which i respond ... then dont add the heat

:P

Guest Celestis

I am not bad with anger i can be calm for a while ..control it well  ... the only bad is when am not i can be the worse on myself i will never take my anger on anyone only to myself usually i will do something to punish me .. i am getting better on that when i was younger was worse 

now if  other people are angry they can be as angry as they want i will stay calm the whole time 

Guest eyoismos

ever noticed sometimes ..... when somebody, maybe more, might be angry with you,.... and you stay cool, calm collective and unpertubed ....... and their reaction is to get even more angry with you, becasue you dont "react"?

hahahahaha

sometimes people and their psyche is hillarious

Guest FriendofGreece

I must say, when you are angry, just let your steam go off. No ulcers, no high blood pressure. :D 

Although, as I get older, I don't get angry as easily. Question of priorities, I guess. There are very few things in life that are that important for me to lose my temper.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed