Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

What would be the best system for a government?

Guest eyoismos

talk about working .... what files are allowed to be uploaded ... a couple of times i tried to upload images of jpg type - and nada

usually because some sites get real fancy and actually dont give give you a jpg file per say, but a whole lot of gobbly gook with some link or other to the actual image to display, so naturally ... the forum software doesnt support this method. but one can save the image. other sites that use the same forum software, allow jpg files to be uploaded, but Hellenism doesnt. either way, and as always ... there are pros and cons to allow or disallow this ... but the fact is, the posts allow for uploads ...just not jpg files

so the question is ...what does it allow?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest FriendofGreece

I think it is good to denounce Western oppression of Chinese labour. You are talking about the poor migrants from rural areas to have to find work in urban areas. As I said, China still has something like 400 million of people leaving under $1 per day. The country is huge in terms of population and problems cannot be resolved in one day. On the other hand, there are a lot of rich people in China. I think the current leaders are trying to work on closing a bit the gap by providing more social assistance to the poor and aged people, minimum medicare, etc. But a lot still has to be done. 

Guest eyoismos

I think it is good to denounce Western oppression of Chinese labour. You are talking about the poor migrants from rural areas to have to find work in urban areas. As I said, China still has something like 400 million of people leaving under $1 per day. The country is huge in terms of population and problems cannot be resolved in one day. On the other hand, there are a lot of rich people in China. I think the current leaders are trying to work on closing a bit the gap by providing more social assistance to the poor and aged people, minimum medicare, etc. But a lot still has to be done. 

i think it is a massive mistake to blame oppression on the west. for ultimately the real oppressors are the leaders of the so called 3rd world countries who control the very same factories (of shame , often enough)... the so called industrialized west, if anything are the equivalent of vultures homing in on "opportunities of capital" ...not to mention , and lets be real..... the average joe out there in the west doesnt give a flying fart about how things are made... they all incensed with the latest and greatest at ever increasing demands for cheaper prices ... not to mention ... brand whores are the rave ... and damn the torpedos

or to put it differently ... for example  gucci bags (and i am only taking gucci as an example , for there are a myriad others) ...anybody seen the price tags? ...and the even bigger challenge...anybody seen the real costs of production? basically peanuts

and yet

Employees of luxury goods manufacturer Gucci were subject to "torture", being made to stand for 14 hours a day, pay for goods stolen by customers and being forced to ask for toilet breaks

if anybody blames the west for that ( at least exclusively as most imply)  .... then they are fools and morons

the fact that people buy bags , (and one can replace bags with anything and everything under the sun) at those ridiculous prices ...just to be brand whores ..... are even bigger, if not massive  %@#$@%@

i need not say more

nope .. i have often tried to upload images of jpg type from my archives and nada

for example just tried now with one and when i tried to "attach" , all i got was

I don't think you're allowed to "attach" any images. You need to upload your images somewhere and then link to them (using that "photo" icon above)

Guest FriendofGreece

I don't entirely agree with you, Eyoismos. The manufacturing plants belong to the foreign multinationals, the workers are hired by them, and the profits are theirs. If they do not exploit the workers, then let them provide better working conditions and higher salaries. Put the blame where it should be. If they connive with the 3rd party leaders, they still bear part of the blame. Not caring does not mean they are not guilty. 

Jen - with $1 per day, you barely survive. You find that in China, in India, in Africa, lots of countries. 

Guest eyoismos

dont even kid yourself and try live with that lollipop

for example ...apple doesnt own foxconn

all apple cared for is the price of the finished product of this supplier, and blow-all else

the only reason apple "got involved" at one point, was because the shit hit the fan concerning ..well... we all know ...mostly ... , and all of a sudden to save face for public image purposes, ...."got involved" ...but before that? ...  nothing... nada ...zero ...big fat O

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed