Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

10 roads you would never want to drive on

Guest eyoismos

believe you me, the escarpment road in zambia, is no picnic either

as one put it ....

This road is the main link between the ports in South Africa and the great mines and quarries of Zambia, DRC and beyond.  There is a seemingly endless procession of heavy trucks taking equipment into the mines, and bringing copper etc. out.  This section of steep gradients and turns pushes these vehicles, their gearboxes and brakes to the absolute limit....and alarmingly frequently, beyond.  Based on my experiences over the last 15 years, accidents must be pretty much a daily occurrence. The air is always full of the acrid smell of tortured brakes.  You can forget the perils of walking unarmed and unguided with lions, elephant and buffalo, I am adamant that this short 10 minute section of journey is far and away the most dangerous part of the week.

10859539105_e06b067c05_o.jpg

MUVI-TV-CHIRUNDU.jpg

the above are regular occurances

and then comes the rain season .... sometimes ....

chirundu1.jpg

road-damage.jpg

and to think i drove up to lusaka using this road, when i left south africa to come "home", with the whole family on board

in a vw golf of all things

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

dont worry FoG ...we have have plenty of ipads here, fiberoptic internet at a price, and online banking....not to mention a couple of idiots who like to drive ferraris and lambos on not so great roads

and ok ...cel reception sometimes is not so good, but still

only_in_africa_31.jpg

:P

and yeah ... no lions and hippos and giraffes running about in our cities and towns here in africa

but ......

if you like out of way lodges ...we do offer unique ...uhm ..... experiences

like ... maybe .... heavy duty drinking buddies at the bar

3019546677.jpg

2648197047.jpg

hell ... you might even have unexpected guests for breakfast

giraffe-manor-dining-5.jpg

and dont even think about having a quicky before going out. there are some really perverted voyieurs about , with no shame whatsoever

giraffe-manor-kenya-conde-nast-traveller

on the other hand ...some places in africa have some "heavies" that have dead serious pets

pet-hyena.jpg

yup! living in africa is ... well ....  something else

:)

Guest FriendofGreece

Wow, what an experience! Nice to see the elephants and the giraffes not in a zoo. They are beautiful animals! Where is that lodge located, is it like in a safari area?

No kidding, that man perched on the pole, I wonder how he could manage with all those electric wires.

Guest eyoismos

elephants -> Mfuwe Lodge, in south luangwa park here in zambia - been there a few times .... first time of experience, crapped myself so badly, went on booze binge to recover .... ok... ok ... it was my excuse to party with my mates .... you know ... young , dumb and ...full of it :)

giraffes -> not sure exactly but somewhere in kenya

baboons & hyenas -> nigeria mafia in nigeria

pole climbing ... this is africa .... "make a plan" land

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed