Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

What are your favorite beaches?

Guest FriendofGreece

There is nothing I like more than the sound of the waves and the smell of salt in the air. I like beaches. I can stay hours and hours just looking at the sea in Greece and do nothing else. The sea there is absolutely striking with all the shades of blue, in particular, the deep blue colours that I have not found elsewhere (at least in pictures). With the blue sea set against the white of the houses (that you can only find in Greece) and the brightness of the sun, Greece is heaven on Earth to me.  :rolleyes:

What are your favorite beaches, in Greece or elsewhere, and why do you like them?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

yup

and yup

they have found evidence, ruins on the island some time now

and in the mean time kefalonia, the big island next to ithaki, claims that THEY where homer's ithaki, and they too have the ruins to show for it

typical kefalonians. ... they just cant handle the idea that this pip-squeek of an island next to them got famous, and they didnt. so they want to steal the glory

hahahahahaha

There are many beautiful beaches all over Greece:

• Zakynthos has several beautiful sandy beaches. I was there this past summer. Most of them are wonderful.
  • Western Crete too. Many nice beaches in the Chania and surrounding area, and also on the west side of the island (the famous Balos, Elafonisi and Falasarna).
  • Chalkidiki has also some wonderful beaches, mostly sandy beaches too.
  • In Peloponnese you can try the west side, Kyparisia area, and also the famous Simos beach in Elafonisos.
  • There are wonderful beaches in all islands too. eyoismos shared one on the Ithaki island but there are amazing beaches in all islands. 

Guest FriendofGreece

Beaches in Greece are special in that they look different because of their surroundings. You can find beaches with fine sand, or small pebbles, or black sand, etc. Also I think it is because the beaches are on the islands, rather than the mainland, so you see cliffs like the one Eyoismos shows right next to the beach.

Now I don't know why Kefalonia claims they are Homer's Ithaki. I thought every rock in Greece has a history :D , so they can always find some other hero to attach it to, no need for Odysseus to be famous themselves too. 

Guest eyoismos

69345353.jpg

sure ... that one is in ithaki as well

but pretty much a common thing about most of the islands

you want to find them? ... its quite simple ...the secret ... avoid all the tourist traps like mykonos and santorini and the like, ...after all ... they offer the same thing what tourist want to ,and often do ....do,  ...get paralytically motherless on booze

and in answer to your question, the vast majority of the islands offer short length shallow, and then acompanied by massive drops

in fact, as far as i know, the deepest part of the med is in the ionian sea

mediterraneannasa.jpg

Guest eyoismos

technically the correct word for word translation of "pao ....stin .... Ellada" is "I am going ....TO .....greece"

ie. stin = to

as opposed to "I go in greece" = "pigaino mesa stin ellada"

ie in = mesa ...as in inside

which sounds weird... sure ... greeks would immediately understand what you say, but they would just know you are not "home grown",  ... apart that the accent would have probably given you away already, in the first place

the odds are too, that they would, good-natured as most are, have  bit of a giggle, correct you, and make you have a bit of a giggle yourself .... and maybe in the end you might score a coffee or an ouzo something for "good effort" for attempting to embrace the greek language

at least most of the times

and i know this because, from personal experience... at least way back then. - After my first year university, i did the whole rucksack style tourism for 3 months and most of the times i made out i didnt know any greek at all, just an average south African who was trying to learn to get by

i guess my fishing habits have ....well..... history - hahahahah

ah, .... the nuances of each and every language ...and often brings out something out of the people that speak it, ...good, bad or indifferent

Guest FriendofGreece

Actually Greeks like very much if you just try to say a few Greek words. I guess it is the same in a lot of countries. That is why popular singers usually say a few words or sing songs in the local language to please their public wherever they go. 

One thing I noticed is that the Greeks talk a lot. You only need to say a few words then they talk, they talk and they talk.  :D

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed