Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

solving the refugee crisis

Guest eyoismos

They can't just let Greece, in the midst of her own troubles, deal with all this.

EXACTLY !!!!!

αλλά όπως είπαμε η ευρώπη  "Και την πίτα θέλει γερή και το σκύλο χορτάτο"

It's very hard for the Greeks to confirm people's ages

παραμυθια και δικαιολογιες της Χαϊδος και μονο μικρό αποσωστό  το μεγαλύτερου προβλήματος ... αλλά καθόμαστε και αποσχολούμαστε με τις ψείρες και αγνοούμε οτι το "ζώον" που τους "φιλοξενεί" - - και εδω εννοω το γενικό πρόβλημα - διότι σίγουρα κάποιος θα παρερμηνεσει και θα αρχίσει κουβέντες για τσιμπούρια , όπως λένε στα αγγλικά ... to score noddy points -  είναι βαριά αρρωστο και θα μολύνει τους πάντες

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

And those are things they could do easily

guess again (as in not so accurate and actually biased)

we are talking numbers here, both of the incoming endless droves of invaders and the number of people required to do what is to be done to facilitate the requirements. that greece is not pulling finger, there is no doubt, but then so is the EU not pulling their finger out of their ass, especially  by demanding but not supplying additional required help of authorized or competent enough or adequately trained personal

we are talking adequacy of resources here, resources that greece by herself just doesnt have. but all the EU is shouting the odds for, and demanding, is more dogs

Guest FriendofGreece

How to register the biometrics if Greece does not have the machines? As I mentioned, the EU was quick to provide big funding and assistance to the other countries at their borders, but did not provide assistance to Greece as repeatedly asked. Also, while the other countries get funding and help to return the migrants, Greece does not get any. Another thing is the EU is demanding that Greece shelter 400,000 migrants in camps. If all this is not hypocrisy, then what is? When everyone knows how the rich countries were crying and whining that they cannot process tens of thousands, versus Greece which has had almost 900,000 migrants arriving from last summer.

http://news.yahoo.com/greek-pm-alexis-tsipras-says-migrants-registered-now-130056724.html

Back on Dec 11, 2015:

"Athens (AFP) - Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Friday admitted Greek border controls had been overwhelmed by the mass arrival of refugees earlier this year, but insisted all migrants were now being properly documented.

His defence came after the European Commision this week launched legal procedures against Croatia, Greece and Italy for failing to register all migrants in the EU-wide fingerprint database, Eurodac, when they first arrive on the continent.

Tsipras told lawmakers the government had initially been "taken by surprise" by the sheer number of migrants, "but since September there has not been a single arrival who has not been registered."

Registering new arrivals would help with security, as national police forces and Europol can compare fingerprints linked to criminal investigations with those in Eurodac.

Tsipras however said that due to a lack of equipment, fingerprinting migrants and registering the data took "several hours."

The Eurodac Regulation calls for fingerprinting asylum seekers and filing the data within 72 hours.

Tsipras said European countries had to pitch in with more equipment. The foreign ministry said Friday only 39 biometric machines had been provided against 100 demanded.

After revelations that two jihadists involved in the Paris terror attacks slipped into Europe through a Greek island, posing as refugees, Athens has faced heavy scrutiny over its screening of more than 750,000 people who have landed on its shores this year.

Greece on Thursday said it would seek to deport economic migrants, who had been blocked at its border with Macedonia after Skopje clamped down on entry, if they are not entitled to asylum.

"Those without papers, the so-called illegal migrants, have the right to request asylum (or) the right to voluntary repatriation," junior interior minister for migration Yiannis Mouzalas told reporters.

"If they do not request either within 30 days, they will be returned to their countries of origin," he said."

http://www.biometricupdate.com/201601/ec-awards-greece-emergency-funding-to-acquire-90-fingerprinting-devices

January 26, 2016:

"EC awards Greece emergency funding to acquire 90 fingerprinting devices

January 26, 2016 - 

Earlier this month, the European Commission awarded Greece €1.36M ($1.5M USD) in emergency funding from the from the Internal Security Fund (ISF) to acquire 90 fingerprinting devices to ensure proper identification and registration of migrants at Greek border crossings.

The 90 fingerprint devices and workstations will be connected to the central EURODAC system to enable sharing of information, and will be installed at border crossing points throughout the country, including on the Eastern Aegean islands ensuring proper operation of the hotspots established on the islands of Lesvos, Chios, Leros, Kos and Samos.

This emergency assistance is part of the Commission’s overall efforts to support EC member states facing high migratory pressure.

Last October, European Commission Vice President Frans Timmermans said that fingerprinting and registering all refugees arriving in Europe would curb militant threats."

Guest FriendofGreece

So, on January 25, 2016, we learn that the EU Commission "last week decided" - decided!! - to provide emergency funds for Greece to acquire the 90 machines. It took more than 1 million migrants in for them to take a decision to buy the machines to register them. If not incompetent, then insane.

http://www.planetbiometrics.com/article-details/i/4051/desc/ec-grants-greece-us1-4-mn-for-90-fingerprint-scanners/

"EC grants Greece US$1.4 mn for 90 fingerprint scanners 
25 January 2016 15:02 GMT

The European Commission last week decided to award Greece €1.36 million (US$1.4 million) in emergency funding for the acquisition of 90 fingerprinting devices.  The devices will be used to ensure proper identification and registration of migrants at Greek border crossings. The EC noted that the emergency funding comes from the Internal Security Fund (ISF). The 90 fingerprinting devices and workstations will be connected to the central EURODAC system to ensure sharing of information, and will be installed at border crossing points throughout the country, including on the Eastern Aegean islands. The aim is for the fingerprint scanners to ensure the full and effective operation of the hotspots established on the islands of Lesvos, Chios, Leros, Kos and Samos. “This emergency assistance is part of the Commission's overall efforts to support concrete and effective actions in Member States facing high migratory pressure. For 2016, the Commission has foreseen emergency financial assistance, available to all Member States, of €55.9 million under the ISF programme and €133 million under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF)", the EC wrote in its statement. This week migration minister Yannis Mouzalas said that Greece now fingerprinted 80-90 percent of people, compared with 50 percent not long ago."

Guest eyoismos

Earlier this month, the European Commission awarded Greece €1.36M ($1.5M USD) in emergency funding from the from the Internal Security Fund (ISF) to acquire 90 fingerprinting devices to ensure proper identification and registration of migrants at Greek border crossings.

my FIRST reaction was, due the capacity of the EU to historically fuck greece in every way they can ..... was this a loan or not?

odds are, knowing history, its was a loan, ...that greece has to pay back .... while protecting the EU's ass

i would love to know more details, because at this point in time, again because of history of dealing with europe ... i am highly suspicious, and this would not be the first time, etc etc that the EU bankers play funny games, double dealing and hypocrisy

Επισκέπτης

So, on January 25, 2016, we learn that the EU Commission "last week decided" - decided!! - to provide emergency funds for Greece to acquire the 90 machines. It took more than 1 million migrants in for them to take a decision to buy the machines to register them. If not incompetent, then insane.

http://www.planetbiometrics.com/article-details/i/4051/desc/ec-grants-greece-us1-4-mn-for-90-fingerprint-scanners/

"EC grants Greece US$1.4 mn for 90 fingerprint scanners 

25 January 2016 15:02 GMT

The European Commission last week decided to award Greece €1.36 million (US$1.4 million) in emergency funding for the acquisition of 90 fingerprinting devices.  The devices will be used to ensure proper identification and registration of migrants at Greek border crossings. The EC noted that the emergency funding comes from the Internal Security Fund (ISF). The 90 fingerprinting devices and workstations will be connected to the central EURODAC system to ensure sharing of information, and will be installed at border crossing points throughout the country, including on the Eastern Aegean islands. The aim is for the fingerprint scanners to ensure the full and effective operation of the hotspots established on the islands of Lesvos, Chios, Leros, Kos and Samos. “This emergency assistance is part of the Commission's overall efforts to support concrete and effective actions in Member States facing high migratory pressure. For 2016, the Commission has foreseen emergency financial assistance, available to all Member States, of €55.9 million under the ISF programme and €133 million under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF)", the EC wrote in its statement. This week migration minister Yannis Mouzalas said that Greece now fingerprinted 80-90 percent of people, compared with 50 percent not long ago."

Bullshit. They receieved the equipment and the training durring the Samaras government but in typical Greek fashion the personel that was trained then had the wrong party affiliation to be put in charge of operations and the machines have been misplaced and lost cause Syriza considers biometric registration an inhumane practice. Frontex offered to help repeatedly, not only with the rgistration but also with border security, they were told to take a hike and not "Mingle" with Greek sovereignity. Rgerdless of the fact that the Greek government fails ot excercise this sovereignity everytime it counts. Time to move past the lame excuses, punish the ones responsible for the dissaster and put some competent people in charge.

And it is about time all Greeks realize that inaction, sophisms and waiting for the world to change never solved any problems. Either we act to solve the problem our way or we remain idle and cry when others act over our heads and not exactly with our best interest in mind. It really is that simple. 

Guest eyoismos

Frontex offered to help repeatedly, not only with the rgistration but also with border security, they were told to take a hike and not "Mingle" with Greek sovereignity

how about some facts, as opposed to speculations and interpretations ...syriza style

And it is about time all Greeks realize that inaction, sophisms and waiting for the world to change never solved any problems

without a doubt i agree wholeheartedly and with unreservedness , but then also ... by the same token  ... no man is an island ... those who dont realize this obviously have issues of their own and refuse to see a broader picture

Guest FriendofGreece

There is nothing more that I would want that Greeks and diaspora Greeks take charge of their country and of their own destinies. I am not Greek but because I am a friend of Greece, you see me trying to talk the Greeks into action. I do not try to deviate the responsibilities of the Greeks, but I abhor unfairness towards them. It is better that whatever facts there are, that they be presented, so that the Greeks know what are the problems and correct them.  

But there is not much time, and Greeks should take action soon, if not immediately, to protect their borders. Reading the posts, apart from Eyoismos, I am not sure that Greeks even realize how critical the situation has become.

Guest FriendofGreece

In my opinion, Greeks should protest and refuse to have the migrant camps (400,000 the EU wants Greece to have, and who knows how much more, it could go 1 million, 2 millions, etc.). The main point is not to have the migrants land on the islands to start with, in any way, manner or shape, then you don't have to shelter them or deport them. 

Mind you, it could very well be that when the borders in the north of Greece are all sealed, that the migrant waves will be very much reduced and that this is the solution. There will of course still be migrants coming but the big chunk will stop. Still, Greece should not allow any migrants to land. 

The way through Greece being blocked, the migrants will just find another way to reach Greece, that's all. Won't be Greece's problem after that.

Guest eyoismos

How about you start paying attention. That issue was all over Greek and Euro media since last september.

avoidance is so becoming of you. what's the matter? afraid you might be exposed for distortion  of facts by making interpretations of what ACTUALLY are the facts  ...syriza style ?

let me make it a little more plain for you

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras welcomed on Friday proposals to create a European Union coast guard agency to patrol its vast sea borders as pressure built at home for a solution to growing numbers of migrants stranded in the country.

The proposal was initially put forward by France and Germany out of frustration that Greece's inability to stem an influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees across the Aegean sea was threatening the EU's open-border Schengen zone.

Under a European Commission plan, the proposed coast guard could be deployed without a request from the state in question, unlike Frontex, the EU border agency already deployed in Greece, which needs an invitation.

Greece and Italy, also a major entry point for those fleeing Africa and the Middle East, had so far expressed reservations over tougher border controls, citing concerns over issues of national sovereignty. So Tsipras' comments signaled an important concession to Brussels and Berlin.

"The European coast guard is welcome," he told parliament. But he stressed that the ultimate authority to guard the borders lay with Greece, and reiterated the government's opposition to joint sea patrols with Turkey.

Tsipras's remarks came as pressure was building at home for the government to deal with the thousands of migrants and refugees stranded in Greece by a Balkan policy of only allowing entry to Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis.

A few thousand people mainly from Pakistan, Iran and northern African countries who were stuck in no-man's land between Greece and Macedonia were forcibly removed by Greek police this week and sheltered temporarily in Athens.

Scuffles broke on late on Thursday among groups of different nationalities who were staying in squalid conditions in tents at a taekwondo stadium and three people were injured lightly, a police source said.

The decision to shelter the migrants in the abandoned premises of the former Athens airport and at the Olympic sports venue drew the ire of Greek mayors of suburbs south of Athens where those buildings are housed.

In a letter to the country's migration minister, four mayors said what was intended as temporary accommodation for refugees fleeing war zones had turned into a permanent open space not for refugees but what they called "illegal immigrants."

"We categorically oppose this," they wrote.

"We will not allow the former airport to become a warehouse of souls because it does not fulfill any condition of hospitality whatsoever. We will not allow the former airport to be turned into living space economic migrants."

Greece's migration minister, Yannis Mouzalas, said on Thursday that the measure was temporary, and that those at the stadium would be removed by Dec. 17 because of a tournament due to held there.

Asked where they would go, Mouzalas said: "I don't know where the migrants will go, you will find out in due course."

But he defended plans to use such venues as shelter despite less-than-idea conditions, saying "the alternative was for them to sleep in fields."

and that is but scrapping the surface

we wont even go into the one wacky proposal from some in the eu who wanted joint patrols of the aegean by turkey and greece ... right in greece's back yard ... no wonder the question of sovereignty arose - it would be like giving the weasel  free access and reign in the chicken coop

like i said ...speculation and interpretation based on bias ... NOT facts, and if there are any facts by you, they are only partial, one sided and sorely lacking, , which can only be interpreted as inadequate,  to make wild accusations like you did

so ... i ask  you again

WHAT ARE THE FACTS ?

and by that i mean all the facts, not only those slect few that suit you

Guest FriendofGreece

When facts are presented, they should be presented as is, with the link also, so that people can see where they come from. Facts from different points of view will let us have a better picture of the true facts. Facts that are biased and selected to fit someone's agenda are worthless.

Although, in my opinion, it is rather late to have those machines now if the borders up north are closed. That is why Greece must stop the migrants before they land. There is no reason why Greece should keep camps. To do what? The hot spot and camps ideas was so that the migrants are registered, and the other countries can pick and choose the ones they like to take, and leave the rest in Greece. As we all know, those countries never have the intention to take any. Thus, hypocrisy here, hypocrisy there, hypocrisy everywhere.

Επισκέπτης

avoidance is so becoming of you. what's the matter? afraid you might be exposed for distortion  of facts by making interpretations of what ACTUALLY are the facts  ...syriza style ?

let me make it a little more plain for you

and that is but scrapping the surface

we wont even go into the one wacky proposal from some in the eu who wanted joint patrols of the aegean by turkey and greece ... right in greece's back yard ... no wonder the question of sovereignty arose - it would be like giving the weasel  free access and reign in the chicken coop

like i said ...speculation and interpretation based on bias ... NOT facts, and if there are any facts by you, they are only partial, one sided and sorely lacking, , which can only be interpreted as inadequate,  to make wild accusations like you did

so ... i ask  you again

WHAT ARE THE FACTS ?

and by that i mean all the facts, not only those slect few that suit you

You stated the facts yourself but you still wrestle with the interpretation.

The proposal was initially put forward by France and Germany out of frustration that Greece's inability to stem an influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees across the Aegean sea was threatening the EU's open-border Schengen zone.

Under a European Commission plan, the proposed coast guard could be deployed without a request from the state in question, unlike Frontex, the EU border agency already deployed in Greece, which needs an invitation.

The only reason why the EU Coast Guard was propossed is that it can act without consent from Athens. Unlike Frontex which requires an invitation which Tsipras and his Government refudsed to issue. Greece now accepts the creation of an even more intrusive and in terms of sovereignity questionable EU Coast Guard because of the threats it received concerning expulsion from Shengen. The whole issue would not arise at all if the Greek government had requested Frontex assistance in the Summer. But they failed to do so, mainly because they were busy with elections and post distributions. This led to the proposal of the EU Coast Guard in December. The only reason why the proposal is on the table is because the EU dosn't trust Greece and opts for the creation of a force that can function WITHOUT the consent of the Greek government.

But here you are applauding our hero Alexi and his latest achievement.

Here is how Reuters explained the situation in December:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-borderguards-idUSKBN0TW0G820151213

Guest eyoismos

You stated the facts yourself but you still wrestle with the interpretation.

The only reason why the EU Coast Guard was propossed is that it can act without consent from Athens. Unlike Frontex which requires an invitation which Tsipras and his Government refudsed to issue. Greece now accepts the creation of an even more intrusive and in terms of sovereignity questionable EU Coast Guard because of the threats it received concerning expulsion from Shengen. The whole issue would not arise at all if the Greek government had requested Frontex assistance in the Summer. But they failed to do so, mainly because they were busy with elections and post distributions. This led to the proposal of the EU Coast Guard in December. The only reason why the proposal is on the table is because the EU dosn't trust Greece and opts for the creation of a force that can function WITHOUT the consent of the Greek government.

But here you are applauding our hero Alexi and his latest achievement.

Here is how Reuters explained the situation in December:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-borderguards-idUSKBN0TW0G820151213

it actually amuses me that you insist on play the dummy and talk about "wrestling with interpetations"

i only gave SOME of the facts, and i explicitly requested you give more FACTS

for example ... when did greece object to getting frontex help ? ...dont worry ... i will tell you ... when other member states wanted frontex to control what goes OUT of greece ... like in its borders with other states ... like eg fyrom ..... for obvious though not exactly correct reasons ... frontex would decide who goes through and what rabble stays behind ... IN GREECE ..... but when greece was continously requested assisntance for more personal equipment etc from frontex to help control what was coming INTO greece ...guess what ? none was forthcoming

now tell me again about the roll of frontex and refusals and the eu !!!!

and AGAIN this is ONE of the truths

furthermore ... from your own quoted link

The Commission will set out the plan on Tuesday to reinforce its Frontex agency with up to six times more staff, EU officials said, following a commitment to an EU border guard in September by President Jean-Claude Juncker.

fuck me sideways .... and the time the greece was asking for help to control the borders?

oh thats right..... the not only didnt, but ignored

or do we also ignore the situation with frontex being a sideswipe at bypassing regulations about free movement according to Shengen ...yeah sure ... no border checks by the various  states police force ... free movement and all that ... but conveniently replace those pesky border patrols  with frontex as the police force.... in effect ... border checks ... in other words bypass those pesky internal regulations with a different big brother - dont you just love politicians  and their masterly manipulations of laws they themselves dreamed up and really didnt think it through all he way ..... just like the highly biased and one sided dublin thingee

what the hell are we trying to pull the wool over ones eyes .... fucking polticians and their double standards and manipulations of just about everything else under the sun ... no police... no border checks and open borders ... free movement ,... only just ...convenient replacement with frontex ..... "doing their job" ...... fucking hilarious if it wasnt so hypocritical

we wont even mention that your very same link outright says that a whole lot more other governments have strong objections about an EU coast guard ... but nooooo .... greece is the bitch according to you and mounopano

well guess again - its EVERYBODY's problem

like i said .... repeatedly ...  the so called EU is full of shit, and now they are crying wolf and directing it at greece .. but like i also said ... what goes round comes round .. the eu is now paying for her sins and stupidity and all the rest of the past ...and blaming their migrant problems on greece ... and that is the migrant problem ... forget about everything else

, how sad ...poor eu .... NOT

(and i can just see little sparks in your head interpreting this as support for greece and blaming everybody else .... in which case and by all accounts ... my interpretation  would be lay of the texan peyote - i am talking about the eu ... this does NOT mean greece is ....etc ... cause i dont feel like elaborating on something i have commented repeatedly in the past ... and ignored by most ... because it didnt suit them)

and i could go on - but at this moment in time i will say this ..... all i am trying to point out ...as i have repeatedly pointed out in the past .... THERE IS NO SINGULAR MONOLITHIC TRUTH

but the real gem is that you constantly making out that i am ...as you last said it ... applauding the hero alexi ...based on absolutely fuckall except .... just like your interpretations ...  such allegations out of thin air, just to suit your arguments .... JUST like syriza

and the absolutely best part ... you despise many greeks for having that very same attitude ...being "egotistic morons"

priceless - you could have a career in comedy central if you wherent so bitter about others and by extension, yourself

You guys are arguing like a married couple about a problem which doesn't have an easy and straight forward solution.

This problem won't be solved if we close Greece's borders or if we bring Frontex to control the borders or if we let all refugees in and give them food and a place to stay or or or...it's much more complex than this.

Firstly, it's clear than some people are taking advantage of the real need of the Syrian people to get out of their war torn country and they're trying to sneak into Europe pretending they're Syrians or pretending they're coming from other war torn countries. 

Secondly, Europe cannot and should not be the only ones responsible for the displacement of the Syrians. The rest of the world has to pitch in and help out (and I'm not singling out their rich "cousins" in middle east).

Most importantly, ISIS needs to be stopped. This is the only way to stop the influx of refugees. As soon as ISIS is eradicated I'm sure many Syrians will return to their homes and they'll try to rebuild their country and their lives.

Guest eyoismos

oh please!!!!

you honestly think you can find a solution to a problem, without looking at the causes of the problem?

seriously?

anything else and you will be forced to relive it

and guess what? "we" (and by we, i mean europe as a whole, including us) ARE reliving it, it being the sins of the past

furthermore do you honestly think displacement of syrians is the issue? apart from it is highly suspect 1) the majority are syrians 2) the majority is actually refugees seeking sanctuary.... considering how many men as opposed to women.children are involved

and for gods sake down bring up that bit of single men and getting families in and all that crud ... the vast majority of the iilegals havent a clue about that option.... and if they do, ...now.., it would be only because some bleeding heart told them about it.... or ISIS in order to use them as a weapon .... and guess who gave them that option in the first place .. yup.... the bright sparks of europe

and especially the Turkey factor ... for example the Ozal doctrine immediately comes to mind, as a kick off point ... and europe is now funding them, idiots that they are

Guest eyoismos

As if Europe’s refugee burden wasn’t crushing enough, the British newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, reported recently that Turkey is deliberately adding fuel to the spreading fire.

According to the Telegraph, the European Union border agency, Frontex, is claiming that Turkey is responsible for an upsurge in African migrants illegally crossing the Turkish border into the Balkans. The agency noted “a threefold increase in Africans” arriving by this route “in the three months to June.” The Sub-Saharan African states of Ghana, Cameroon and Congo were cited as examples of source countries, refugees from these states having risen four, six and nine times respectively.

“In total it (Frontex) detected some 4,071 Africans out of 54,437 illegal border crossings,” the Telegraph states.

Frontex is partially blaming Turkish Airlines, Turkey’s national carrier, for the African upsurge. The airline, which claims it flies to the largest number of destinations worldwide, has opened “a raft of new routes to Africa” as part of a “commercial strategy.”

“It (Frontex) notes how the carrier now has the largest network in Africa, nearly doubling its weekly seat capacity from 38,000 to 70,000, and planning to open six new destinations,” writes Telegraph journalist Matthew Holehouse.

African economic migrants and genuine refugees are taking advantage of the Turkish Airlines’ widespread presence in Africa to fly to Istanbul. From there, they set out on foot for the Bulgarian or Greek borders, a walk of a couple of hours. Once across, they are Europe’s problem.

And what is worse for an already struggling Europe, the number of African refugees flying to Istanbul will likely only increase. Frontex reports Turkish Airlines will expand its African network by January to at least 45 destinations in 30 countries. 

Holehouse writes that the opening of so many new routes is “interpreted as a drive by (Turkish president Erdogan) to increase Turkish influence” in the region.

Erdogan made a state visit to Africa earlier this year, visiting Horn of Africa countries. He intends to visit more African states as part of an effort to strengthen Turkey’s economic and strategic position on the continent. The Turkish government has already made large investments in Somalia and Ethiopia.  

The Horn of Africa trip, however, did produce controversy. Turkey’s deputy Prime Minister Numan Kultulmus, who accompanied Erdogan, attempted to stir up anti-Western feeling when he said: “For the first time since the Ottomans left, Africans are now seeing a white hand that does not exploit, enslave or punch them in their heads…”  

Kultulmus appears to have conveniently forgotten Istanbul’s famous slave market, where many black Africans experienced, first-hand, that non-exploiting Turkish “white hand.” Especially some male African slaves, after having been made eunuchs, must have shed tears of gratitude at such high-minded treatment.

But who can blame African migrants bound for the West for choosing a means of travel that deposits them so quickly and so safely on Europe’s doorstep? Besides, a flight almost to a migrant’s destination in a comfortable plane is obviously less physically exhausting and probably much cheaper than a dangerous trek across the Sahara Desert, followed by a hazardous trip in an unsafe boat across the Mediterranean. And Turkish Airlines ticket agents are undoubtedly much politer and easier to deal with than people smugglers.

What also makes the Turkish route even more attractive to illegal migrants, and not just those from Africa, but also for the thousands flying to Istanbul from the Middle East and Afghanistan on their way to Europe, is the ease with which they can acquire a visa for Turkey. One can both apply and pay for the document on line.

The Telegraph states one of its reporters, “pretending to be from Afghanistan,” applied for such an e-visa and completed the process in five minutes. This “major weakness in Europe’s border controls,” as it has been called, is also compounded by the fact that Turkish officials do not perform effective paper checks on African arrivals.

“Those applying for an e-visa from countries considered a source of illegal immigration should have extra documents, such as a residency permit for the Schengen countries,” writes Colin Freeman, another Telegraph journalist. “However, there is no online process for verifying the documents.”

And while Freeman adds this check should be done on the migrants’ arrival in Turkey, he states “the authorities do little” beyond checking that they are not security risks.

This “lax” visa procedure, European officials say, has resulted in Istanbul becoming “an important hub” for the migrant assault on Europe. It is estimated the city contains tens of thousands of people heading for the European paradise, the number constantly being replenished.

One now must ask why Turkey, which itself is burdened with more than a million refugees and knows well the problems they pose, is facilitating an increase in Europe’s migrant crisis?

One reason is that Turkey reaps a financial benefit from migrants using the Istanbul route in the form of airline ticket sales and visa fees. Addressing this cynical profiteering from human misery, Holehouse states: “While the world’s attention has been on illegal smuggling gangs, the allegation (by Frontex against Turkish Airlines) suggests that major corporations – acting entirely legally – also play a major and poorly-understood role in the mass migration affecting the continent.”

Another concerns Turkey’s desire to increase its influence in Africa. Like Mexico, corrupt African governments want to decrease their number of poor thereby lessening social pressure for change. Such regimes would appreciate Turkey for providing a societal release valve in the form quick and easy access for unwanted poor to travel to Europe, from where, hopefully, migrants will eventually send home money.

But there is possibly a more sinister reason behind Turkish complicity in helping to flood Europe with illegal migrants. The Erdogan government, although a NATO ally, is most likely an active partner in the plan to Islamize Europe with Third World immigration.

Unknown to many, the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) now has its headquarters in Istanbul where they were welcomed by the Erdogan government last year after being forced to relocate from Qatar. An alliance between Erdogan, who wants to lead the Islamic world, and a MB, which is plotting to make the world Islamic, would make perfect sense and could already exist.

And although not all African migrants travelling via Istanbul are Muslim, every one that reaches Europe still constitutes a drain on a host country’s treasury, money that could be used for defense, wealth creation or infrastructure. After all, military strength is based on financial strength. A European financial collapse, like ACORN had planned for America by overloading its welfare system, is something the MB would definitely desire.

Even if the European financial system does not collapse, thousands of the new, Muslim arrivals will probably fail to integrate or find jobs, posing a never-ending threat to the host countries’ social fabric. Worse, such frustrated individuals could provide recruits for any future, jihad-related disturbances in European cities. One only has to remember France in 2005.

In the end, Turkey’s fanning the flames of the refugee crisis can only strengthen its position as it weakens Europe’s. And this can only delight the West’s Islamist enemies.

Επισκέπτης

At least Putin has some understanding of European culture and heritage. Unlike some Western European leaders (Merkel etc) who have been too busy committing national and ethnic suicide, by flinging their doors open to the third world.

Funny how Greek third worlders are worried about European culture and heritage.

Guest Xenophon

How about this admin, why don't you come over to Britain and visit one of our famous Moslem areas. Then you can talk to me all about Asian, I mean European heritage in Britain.

Its not like Britain doesn't have one of the biggest Moslem populations in Western Europe. The government is letting Syrian refugees into the UK and thousands more are waiting in Calais and trying to break into lorries and sneak over.

I've lived in the UK for a couple of years. London was a truly multicultural society with all the good and bad things that come with it.

As I said in a previous post, the current influx of refugees and immigrants in Europe is a complex issue. It goes without saying that the people fleeing Syria because of the war need help. If they are to permanently move and live in Europe they'll need help to adjust to the European lifestyle. The way France and England (mainly) are treating non-European immigrants and refugees is deplorable. If you marginalize these people and congregate them in "special" areas within your cities then you're creating a problem. You're not helping them and you're not helping the local societies.

All newcomers need to be integrated into the societies they choose to live in. If the choose to live in England then they should be educated about the English norms and way of life and slowly adjust to this new reality. They can't move into the UK thinking that they'll continue doing the same things they did in Syria. 

Επισκέπτης

Compared to the current state of affairs Wahabism would be an improvement to the UK. It would make that shithole a bit less shitier. If the brits don't like it tough shit. The natives of the colonies didn't like being overrun by the brits either but they had to deal with it.

Guest Xenophon

If they are to permanently move and live in Europe they'll need help to adjust to the European lifestyle. The way France and England (mainly) are treating non-European immigrants and refugees is deplorable. If you marginalize these people and congregate them in "special" areas within your cities then you're creating a problem. You're not helping them and you're not helping the local societies.

All newcomers need to be integrated into the societies they choose to live in. If the choose to live in England then they should be educated about the English norms and way of life and slowly adjust to this new reality. They can't move into the UK thinking that they'll continue doing the same things they did in Syria. 

I don't think you realise, Moslem immigrants choose to live in their own Moslem ghettos. Nobody wants to be a minority, so they live where all the other Moslems live. They want to live near all their cousins, have a local Mosque and halal shops, so its inevitable that they form their own areas.

I'm surprised you actually believe the politicians that Moslem immigrants can be successfully integrated into our society. Even third generation Moslems will have very different culture to natives. Moslems still go to Mosque, go around town in their veil and slippers, don't eat meat that isn't halal, don't drink alcohol, the list goes on. That is the outcome of British government's attempts at 'integration'. And it isn't getting any better, young Moslems are more likely to have extremist views than previous generations and ISIS recruitment officers are having a field day. They can only realistically start integrating if they leave Islam, but it is very difficult for one to leave Islam, as they will be called an 'apostate' if they do. All that while other lost individuals are being converted to Islam, often by radicals.

Moslems have been coming here ever since post WWII, but the integration issues have, if anything, only gotten worse. Compare that to when immigrants came over from mainland Europe and Ireland. They had their problems at first, but after a couple of generations they were more or less integrated. If you're white and Christian you're basically half way there to being British.

I agree that religion is one of the key problems here. But there are other issues, cultural differences and expectations from either side which need to be addressed.

I think the education of all new comers and their immersion into the "European" culture is key. All new comers should be made aware of what is acceptable behaviour in the western socieities and what isn't. In their countries it may be acceptable to mutilate female genitals, rape or sexually harass women, girls and boys, beat their wives or whatever else. Coming to Europe or North America these people need to understand that these actions are not acceptable and are punishable by law. 

I don't care if these people choose to eat halal meats or fast during ramadan or whatever. Christians have many weird traditions they follow too. As long as they don't harm other people they can do whatever they please. I do care though if they harm their kids, women or other people with their actions and "traditions". They need to understand that some of their "traditions" are unnacceptable in western societes and punishable by law. If they want to continue following these "traditions" they should then move to countries and societes which allow them to do all these things.

The issue here of course is that since western societies are much more progressive are always trying to accomodate every crazy thing and "tradition" those immigrants want to bring in their new home with them. This is not possible, and that's what has put many western societies in a tough spot today. 

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed