Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

solving the refugee crisis

Επιβαλλουν ονομασια για διαφορετικο λογο.

Σκεψου το διαφορετικα. Ειναι σα να ζεις στο Τεξας (το οποιο ειναι πολιτεια των Ηνωμενων Πολιτειων) και μια ωραια πρωια η επαρχια του Μεξικου που συνορευει με το Τεξας κυρησει την ανεξαρτησια της απο το Μεξικο κι ονομαζει το κρατος αυτο "Τεξας" (και διαφοροι Μεξικανοι του καινουργιου "Τεξας" βγαζουν στη φορα διαφορους χαρτες που να δειχνουν το Τεξας της Αμερικης σα κομματι του δικου τους "Τεξας").

Πως νομιζεις οτι θα αντιδρουσε η Αμερικη κι οι Αμερικανοι σε μια τετοια περιπτωση?

Εγω λεω οτι θα ειχαν μπει με τανκς μεσα και δε θα ειχαν αφησει ρουθουνι. Εσυ τι λες?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Επισκέπτης

Το TEJAS κληρονόμησε το όνομά του από το Μεξικό. Και οι μόνοι που θα είχαν πρόβλημα, αν γινόταν αυτό που περιγράφεις, είναι οι οπαδοί του ΚΚΚ και του Donald Trump. Με αυτούς συμπλέεις;

Ζεις στην Αμερικη αλλά φαινεται οτι δε ξερεις και πολυ καλα τους Αμερικανους...

Εγω λεω, κι υπογραφω, οτι εαν γινοταν κατι τετοιο στην Αμερικη το νεο "Τεξας" δε θα προλαβαινε να γινει κρατος καν.

Guest eyoismos

Οι κάτοικοι της Μακεδονίας είναι Μακεδόνες σε αντίθεση με τους κατοίκους της βορειοκεντρικής Ελλάδας οι οποίοι είναι, κατά πλειοψηφία, πρόσφυγες από την δυτική Ασία.  Σαν τους Σύριους δηλαδή.

αλλα έλληνες, μην το ξεχναμε αυτό, και ας είναι ξεριζωμένοι απο τα γενοτόπια τους

Guest eyoismos

Επιβαλλουν ονομασια για διαφορετικο λογο.

Σκεψου το διαφορετικα. Ειναι σα να ζεις στο Τεξας (το οποιο ειναι πολιτεια των Ηνωμενων Πολιτειων) και μια ωραια πρωια η επαρχια του Μεξικου που συνορευει με το Τεξας κυρησει την ανεξαρτησια της απο το Μεξικο κι ονομαζει το κρατος αυτο "Τεξας" (και διαφοροι Μεξικανοι του καινουργιου "Τεξας" βγαζουν στη φορα διαφορους χαρτες που να δειχνουν το Τεξας της Αμερικης σα κομματι του δικου τους "Τεξας").

Πως νομιζεις οτι θα αντιδρουσε η Αμερικη κι οι Αμερικανοι σε μια τετοια περιπτωση?

Εγω λεω οτι θα ειχαν μπει με τανκς μεσα και δε θα ειχαν αφησει ρουθουνι. Εσυ τι λες?

κάτι περίπου το ίδιο έγινε σε μια διαφήμηση, και τα αγγλοσαξωνικά κοκκινόλαιμα αμερικανάκια σχεδόν πάθανε εγκεφαλικό

I find this ad deeply offensive, and needlessly divisive.

2383371667_df5fc24e2d.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/04/mexico-reconque.html

άσε που σε καμιά πενηνταετία, έτσι που πάνε τα πράγματα,  η επικρατούσα γλώσσα  σε εκείνα  τα μερη θα είναι μεξικάνικα/ισπανικα (αν δεν είναι ήδη)

Guest PatrickT

Well many here dont understand what those people are. They come from primitive cultures and societeis without any morals. Behavior there is dictated by a king, despot or tyrant. Middle easternerrs dont develop individual thinking and if they do, tehy mostly have to face massive repression. Their societies never developed a sense for law. 

Over there its the rule of the strong. They dont understand lws and never will. They dont understand why macedonia doesn´t allow them to invade. Thats why they get violent. Like in their homecountries. The idea of laws, rules and so on os totally alien for them. 

Guest FriendofGreece

Stop fighting between yourselves, you are not in your country. Yes, there are way too many people and you are one of those.

And yes, all of you without exception say the food is terrible wherever you go. Just stop eating then, it will save some terrible food and volunteers to cook and serve it. I won't bother commenting about parents leaving their children to save their skins.

http://time.com/4292323/chios-greece-island-refugees/

"In the meantime, Yasmin and others who arrived after March 20 are stuck in Vial, where she says conditions have become unbearable. “It is a jail,” she says. “Food is terrible. There isn’t enough water, we can’t wash our clothes. When we are sick, we have to wait three hours to see a doctor. There is fighting every night here. There are too many people.” "

"Inside, Aveen Barkal, a 25-year-old Syrian, is stuck waiting with her two children, aged four and five. But Barkal is an E.U. resident: she fled Aleppo with her husband two years ago, leaving her children in the care of her parents. They reached Sweden and were both granted asylum.

Two years later, Barkal’s parents also made their way to Europe to reunite her with her children. But, in the wake of the E.U. deal, the situation has completely shifted. Without their asylum claims processed, her children are stuck in Chios. “I’ve asked many organizations for help,” she says. “But they say there is nothing they can do. Now, I’m back living in a tent. Just waiting for my children to be able to come with me.” "

Guest FriendofGreece

The UNHCR got the money and have pulled out of the hot spots they were supposed to have set up because they are "detention camps". Such hypocrisy.

https://neurope.eu/article/financing-the-migration-crisis-e159100000-already-disbursed-to-greece/

" Greek minister of interior Panagiotis Kouroumblis said on The Spiegel last Saturday, that Greece has received “only €40 million of the €400 to 700 million that were promised, but because of bureaucratic EU mechanism.” "

https://neurope.eu/article/unhcr-stalling-commitments-greece/

"In December, the European Commission agreed to provide the UNHCR with the sum of €80 million to develop 20,000 additional reception places for asylum seekers and relocation candidates in Greece through subsidies for housing in the private sector.

The UNHCR committed to use have the places ready by January this year. By March 11th, significantly past the deadline, 1,387 of the 20,000 reception places had been used through the scheme."

Guest eyoismos

are we not starting to nit-pick at this point?

sure most of what you have said you are on the money, but it is starting to sound almost borderline hysteria

what next? "greeks are lazy and thieves"?

for example ... maybe in syria higher education is free, (as it is in greece by the way) but as we all know, in the states for example, and i presume canada too, as it is with most western countries, ... not so much.

so we have a situation of culture shock, in a way. Instead of the media making massive noises about their expectations, and so called demands, (often based on misinformation from within their own environment, about the big bad west, and the land of milk and honey, or whatever) maybe they, the media, should make a far more massive and concise effort of education, as in "this is not syria" and things are different "here" ... comply to our rules, assimilate, pay the price , obey  our laws, respect and implement our standards ..... or fuck off where you came from

but noooooo ... far to many people prefer bitch about ... and all the rest ... ESPECIALLY the media. after all ...media wants to sell newspapers and internet hits ..... "news" is the last thing on their mind ...... and the sheep follow the shepherd

Guest eyoismos

I never said anything about Greeks or other refugees in Canada

i was referring to go crazy about syrians being the bad boys,, just like the germans did about th greeks. its called being sarcastic about the surfacing attitude and "finding and inventing the enemy because we just gotta blame somebody for our woes"

i mean ... i remember so many Americans got super pissed off because some syrian, if i am not mistaken, won the lottery states side ...... jesus.... rednecks going stupid is what i say

but  here is a question .... how many are the "other" refugees? how many are the syrians? just so we can compare "oranges vs apples"

here is another question ... how much money should refugees get and for how long, while "adjusting", before they are finally cut off and left to their devices? or should they be left as is, with only their underpants in their hand and perhaps a couple of cardboard boxes for accommodation

as for the media ... palease ... a whole shit-load has been written about some, about their "attitudes" and "demands", and pretty much blow all about those that have shown gratitude, didnt complain, kept pretty quiet, reatively speaking,  and try hard to acclimatize to their new surroundings

what we should REALLY be talking about here is balance.

which leads to the biggest question of them all .... WHO decides what the balance is?

sure .... and i have said it before ... much of what you have come up so far is on the money, but lets face it ... borderline nit-picking is definitely on the agenda

Guest FriendofGreece

Call it nit-picking, call it borderline agenda if that makes you happy. Firstly, in my opinion, an agenda presupposes that the people towards which your agenda is targeted are dumb enough to fall for it. Secondly, I always provide the full links and people can read the whole articles and judge by themselves. If they are interested, the whole Internet is for them to search on the issue to make their own conclusions.

You may not know but there are actual concerns among Canadians and non-Syrian refugees about the favoritism that is shown towards the Syrians. How many are there non-Syrian refugees? I don't know, they can't even come. As for those already in Canada, surely there are no favours being made to them because that would have been all over the newspapers. 

How much to support the Syrians? Certainly not the amounts Canada is giving to them. In Europe, they are cutting down to giving food vouchers rather than cash. As for the media, well, the media reports about "attitudes" and "demands" etc. because they actually exist. Just look at Idomeni and Piraeus and Lesbos and Kos and etc. etc. etc. It is not once, not twice, it is many many many many times we see those things. You can just look at the videos on Youtube loaded by people (not media), no need to read newspapers. As far as I can see, the media actually refrained from reporting bad things about the migrants and the coverage we see is minimal. As you know, before Cologne, the police and the media were told not to report bad things. So when you "palease", I don't think you have a point. 

Aren't refugees supposed to show gratitude, not complain, etc.? That should be the normal behavior. The opposite is the abnormal behavior, that is why it is in the media and that is why people don't like it. It is not that people are "finding and inventing the enemy because we just gotta blame somebody for our woes", but they realize the unfairness of having those "Syrian refugees" live better than them with all the benefits while being ungrateful to boot (some of them). 

Guest eyoismos

exactly... SOME of them .... and not all as the hype wants us to believe
which is exactly why i brought the analogy of "lazy thieving greeks" into play

and talking about "refugee-as-rapist construct" as one article put it, concerning cologne,

the Cologne prosecutor Ulrich Bremer in fact told me that, of the 59 suspects pinpointed so far, just four are from war-torn countries (Syria and Iraq), only 14 are in custody, and nobody has yet been charged. Nearly 600 hours of CCTV reveals very little, and there is no evidence whatsoever that the alleged attacks were planned in advance. The refugee-as-rapist construct is the kind that has been used to demonise people throughout history. The idea is that you apply frightening characteristics to those you view as political enemies.

It followed claims of multiple sex crimes on women around the city’s station on New Year’s Eve, when refugees were blamed. This allowed conspiracy theorists to outline their most starkly racist fantasies, painting a picture of demonic brown-skinned Muslims fleeing war zones to defile white European womanhood. No need for court cases: marauding savages had planned everything on the Internet and were all guilty without trial. 

What happened after 1,000 women were sexually assaulted in Cologne?
This time, however, Labye’s cameraman captured the absolute truth: footage shows white European males from overwhelmingly Christian Germany molesting her. Cologne was full of Caucasian drunks acting with the same kind of macho abandon which contributes to some half a million adults being sexually assaulted in England and Wales alone each year.

but this is not here or there

you STILL havent answered  the questions i raised earlier

1) how many are the "other" refugees? how many are the syrians? (since you dont know, you cant comment and make comparisons but from what i read, canada takes about 1/4 million each year)
2) how much money should refugees get and for how long? if at all
3) WHO decides what the balance is? (or as you put it, what is fair and what is not)
4) why some individuals are getting preferential treatment in the paper shuffling process, while others don't

(personally i think its politically motivated)

25,000: Syrian refugees Canada promised to take in by Feb. 29.

24,092: Syrian refugees arrived since Nov. 4.

12,412: Applications in progress

4,102: Applications finalized where refugees have not yet arrived.

253: Communities across Canada welcoming Syrian refugees, excluding Quebec.

which raises questions... big questions

and while we are at it..... where and how do "private sponsors" come into play

Επισκέπτης

Stereotypes exist for good reason. They are rooted in empic data and are nothing more then the short form of expectations most likely to be confirmed. Greeks are lazy good for nothing arrogant moochers? Yes, 3/4 of them are exactly that and when I'm dealing with Greeks I assume by default that I'm dealing with good for nothing lazy arrogant moochers. And guess what? Most of the time this assumption turn up to be correct. What about the remaining 1/4 that does not fit the stereotype? Don't care about them at all. I don't have the time to filter through shit. Same goes for Syrians. Most of them are criminaly insane and the rest are none of my concern.

There are more than enough good people in this world whom I can accept and colaborate with without any reservations so why should I waste my time with morrons. Graecian or Syrian?

Guest eyoismos

Greeks are lazy good for nothing arrogant moochers? Yes, 3/4 of them are exactly that

wow ! you actually employed a couple of million greeks to come up with those figures?. absolutely amazing

Stereotypes exist for good reason

absolutely .... which is why all germans are holocaust loving nazi fascist cunts

dope-slap.gif

Επισκέπτης

Germans are also known to be disciplined, hard working, frugal, inventive. If the stereotype were corect one should expect the German economy to be one of the highest developed in Europe right? Oh wait. Germany IS the greatest economy in Europe and German products and technology are in demand all over the world.

Greece on the other hand produces nothing but debt, has no industry worth mentioning and is the least productive economy in Europe if not the world. As one should expect from a country where lazy good for nothing moochers are the majority.

Well, at least Greeks aren't as destructive as their fellow middle-easterners. Greece is neither a battlefield nor a tyranny unlike all arab/muslim countries. What do you think the reason for the status quo in the later is? Is it because arabs in General, and Syrians in particular, are reasonable and rational people? If they were, they wouldn't be in the situation they are in. So all you can expect from them is unreasonable demands and irrational behavior and the few exceptions don't make distinctions worth while.

There are people in this world who define themselves by the things they make and there are people who define themselves by the things they want. Germans belong to the first category Greeks and Syrians in the second. That's all there is to it.

Guest FriendofGreece

Eyoismos - Your questions are not the right ones, I don't think I am the one to decide how much money and what the balance is, it is not me who makes the payments. I am not the government neither the communities. Any reasonable person would say that it is unfair when a newcomer refugee lives better on his benefits than our own people. As I said, in Europe, it is down to food vouchers. Maybe that is all those refugees need, plus a small amount of cash for transportation, since everything else is free for them in Canada. If they want more money, go to work like everyone else. 

I told you about the other non-Syrian refugees, if there were problems, we would have heard about them in the media. I can tell you I have never read anything about them the way I read about the Syrians being ungrateful and demanding. It does not matter the number of non-Syrian refugees, there is nothing reported, point, at least not that I have seen, and I mean about ungratefulness and demands and high expectations. 

One thing you seem not to think of is if you are refugees, or even legal immigrants, even if just some are behaving badly, it reflects on the others, not only on the Syrians, for example, but maybe also on other refugees or other immigrants. It does not take many for the host country people to turn against you. Thus, don't think that SOME is of any importance in how people view the rest.

There is a lot written about private sponsorships, but as I said, some of them have been "abandoned" by their relatives so that they become burdens of the nation. If you make a search, you will see something dirty with those private sponsorships that has been revealed recently.

In addition, although Canada said that it would take only 25,000 Syrians, now we are going to take another 10,000. This was due to pressure from some groups, I don't know which ones, but there has been talk about the private sponsorships' pressure. When you read the dirty stuff I referred above, maybe that will explain why. Lots of money to make on this.

Guest FriendofGreece

There was a poll and the majority of Canadians said we don't want any more Syrians, the 25,000 is more than enough. People see what is happening in Europe, they see them coming in Canada and making demands and it is a huge turn-off.

I think I read somewhere that more than 30% of those Syrians don't even read or write Arabic, forget about English or French. I think 90% or 95% are Syrians who were settled in appartments or houses in Lebanon or Jordan or Turkey, something like that, rather than taken directly from refugee camps. Is not as if they are risking death or persecution or things like that. Just wanting a better life in Canada.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed