Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

Philoxenia

Guest eyoismos

You don't know history. The Ottomans did not enslave the Greeks. They took over the Eastern Part of the Roman empire. At that point the Greeks where already extinct. The western powers needed to break up the Ottoman empire so they assembled some Gypsy Ottoman mongrels labeld them Greeks gave them weapons and had them revolt. And that's how novo Graecia came into existence. Greek identity is a joke. The Ottoman empire was the rightfull successor of eastern Rome it didn't enslave anyone and certainly not imaginary "Greeks". But that's in the past. As far as the future is concerned lets hope that Turkey is up to the task of unifying the southern Balkans. Thats the only hope for the region.

yup... you DO have issues and a strong grasp of the distortions of history as per turkish butt kissers do

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest FriendofGreece

Ajax, I will take with a big grain of salt what you told me. It is your point of view, I don't believe that it is necessarily Greek history. I believe the Greeks in this forum know what their history is.

I am curious though why you think about Turkey unifying the southern Balkans. Which countries do you mean by that? Why would you want Turkey to unify them and how it will unify them? And why do you think Turkey has any right at all to be in the southern Balkans?

Didn't Orban (Hungary) say "Europe for Europeans" or something to that effect?

Επισκέπτης

What Greeks? The Greeks went the way of the dinosaurs millenia ago. Do you mean the folks with the albanian, romanian, gipsy and turkoman names and ancestry that populate this measly country that calls itself Greece and this forum? There is nothing Greek about them. Everybody in Balkans knows that. Except the Macedonians of cause who live the same delusion as the novo Graecians. But hey, so be it. This country is as good as dead and I say good riddens. The Ottoman reunion is right around the corner.

Turkey is the only dynamic country in the region. Certainly more dynamic than the decaying Euro powers. Economicaly it is already dominating the region and it gains influence politicaly as we speak. Turkey has become an industrial nation and also a mercantile nation. It already controls much of the Asian trade with the region and with the massive investment the Turks and Chinese throw into central Asia the new silkroad takes shape quickly. And that was always the source of power in that region: Control over the trade with Asia. That changed only after the Americas were discovered but the center of gravity has shifted back to Asia once again. The traderoutes of the future are the traderoutes that traverse Central Asia. The sun is rising in the East again.

Guest FriendofGreece

Ajaxmonkey, it is stunning that you could talk about the Greeks like that. I thought you were Greek but I think you are Turk instead to wish for the re-emergence of the Ottoman empire.

There are a lot of conflicts in Turkey, who wants them? Who wants the Turks, to begin with, except you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/15/world/europe/a-sense-of-instability-settles-over-turkey-as-conflict-with-kurds-flares.html?_r=0

Guest FriendofGreece

China's land Silk Road goes many ways, not just through Turkey, and ends in Greece in one of the ways. I don't know how much Turkey is investing in the project, but a lot of countries along the way are participating. There is also the maritime Silk Road. Turkey is but one country in a vast multi-country project.

Επισκέπτης

Ajaxmonkey, it is stunning that you could talk about the Greeks like that. I thought you were Greek but I think you are Turk instead to wish for the re-emergence of the Ottoman empire.

There are a lot of conflicts in Turkey, who wants them? Who wants the Turks, to begin with, except you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/15/world/europe/a-sense-of-instability-settles-over-turkey-as-conflict-with-kurds-flares.html?_r=0

Being a bit of a deluded racist I see! So are you now saying that the "Evil Germans" are better than the Turks? Are you stumbling over whom to hate more here?

I have more sympathy for the Turks than I have for the murderous thieving Brits, French, Germans Spaniards or Italians. And that's not just because all my grandparents were born Ottomans but because of me being objective.

And by the way what to you think were the ancestrors of all the Grekomans in Greece or in this forum? You guesed it: Ottoman. But some people chose to deny their roots and go pretend being something they are not. I already mentioned the paralels to the Macedonian dumbasses.

Being a bit of a deluded racist I see! So are you now saying that the "Evil Germans" are better than the Turks? Are you stumbling over whom to hate more here?

I have more sympathy for the Turks than I have for the murderous thieving Brits, French, Germans Spaniards or Italians. And that's not just because all my grandparents were born Ottomans but because of me being objective.

And by the way what to you think were the ancestrors of all the Grekomans in Greece or in this forum? You guesed it: Ottoman. But some people chose to deny their roots and go pretend being something they are not. I already mentioned the paralels to the Macedonian dumbasses.

Are you for real??? The Turks, the masters of genocide, are a people to look up to?

Not sure what you guys are taking in Texas but you're clearly delusional. 

If you see yourself as an Ottoman good for you. Most Turks (especially the ones in the Aegean coast) don't even see themselves as Ottomans.

I think hanging out with Texans has been bad for you. I'd suggest moving to a more liberal and open minded state  :D

This is how they do things in Turkey in 2015: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3262116/Turkish-officials-defend-shooting-dead-Kurdish-protestor-dragging-body-streets-saying-corpse-booby-trapped.html
You should be happy you don't live there.

Turkish officials defend shooting dead a Kurdish protester and dragging his body through the streets by saying his corpse may have been 'booby-trapped' 

Επισκέπτης

So?

And engaging in any form of activity while being of darker complexion carries an increased risk of getting shot here in the US.

Does that make the US a bad place? Every place has its own specific issues but there are only a handfull countries in the world that I would rank below Greece.

Btw. I'm courius FriendOfGreece. Where are you from?

Must be some hellhole for you to consider Greece "Hospitable"!

Επισκέπτης

Are you for real??? The Turks, the masters of genocide, are a people to look up to?

Not sure what you guys are taking in Texas but you're clearly delusional. 

If you see yourself as an Ottoman good for you. Most Turks (especially the ones in the Aegean coast) don't even see themselves as Ottomans.

I think hanging out with Texans has been bad for you. I'd suggest moving to a more liberal and open minded state  :D

What are you talking about? There has never been a genocide in Turkey. The term "Genocide" means people were targeted because of their race. And that was never the case is Turkey. It is true that the Turks targeted Ethnic Minorities that were antagonistic towards the formation of a Turkish Nation State. So you may call it Ethnic Cleansing but when you do so you must also acknowledge that "Ethnic Cleansing" was invented by the Novo Graecian state. The "Greeks" are the world champions in that discipline with a successrate of 100%. After the Ottomans were driven out of the Peloponesse it took Kolokotronis only 3 weeks to completely eradicate all Turks and Jews down to the last infant. The same happened after Rumeli, Thessaly, and Epirus were sacked. In the case of Macedonia the Novo Graecians got to eradicate only the Turks and the Bulgarians. The great powers demanded they respect the Jewish populace of Macedonia. But you don't seem to be great with historic facts.

No matter how much Eyo insists. The Kemence and Bicak are NOT "Ancient Greek". And neither are the Pontians. You want to argue that? Do you know of any original Pontian folk lore such as poetry and song that mentions ΕΛΛΑΣ or ΕΛΛΑΔΑ. There are plenty of folk songs where the Pontians lament the loss of the East Rom

η Ρωμανία ’πέρασεν

η Ρωμανία ’πάρθεν

But I challenge you to show me even ONE mention of ΕΛΛΑΣ or ΕΛΛΑΔΑ. And please don't go dragging some Pseudo-Pontian made in Greece crap in. A shitload of that has been produced after the 1980's

Ok, I don't think we can seriously discuss this if you're claiming that the Turks did not commit genocides against people who lived in Asia Minor.

Also, what a stupid question trying to find any mention of ΕΛΛΑΔΑ in ancient texts. ΕΛΛΑΔΑ as a term to describe the area we now identify as "mainland Greece" is only used since the mid 1800's. I don't think you'll find any ancient Greek texts talk about ΕΛΛΑΔΑ. Does this mean that ancient Greeks were not...Greeks?  :D

Your arguments are a mish-mash of propaganda, half-baked history and twisted personal ideas. I don't doubt for a minute that you don't feel Greek, and that's fine (and I guess the next question is why do you hang out in a Greek forum if you don't feel any connection to anything Greek...but that's a different discussion  :) ). Don't tell me though that most Pontians in general feel the same way you do, because I know hundreds of them (not to say thousands...) and all of them are more fiercely Greek than any Greek I know.

Guest eyoismos

you forgot to mention :

It was initially dismissed as fake by the authorities. The pro-Justice and Development Party (AK Party) said the images were fabricated by sympathisers of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party to create a negative public perception about the government and further inflame tensions.

But later the government admitted it was real, going onto claim it was standard practice around the world where the suspect was believed to be a possible suicide bomber.

According to Turkish newspaper Sabah, they said it was 'routine practice' around the world, and was done as a security precaution.

standard practice? are you fucking kidding me? amongst who?

Επισκέπτης

Also, what a stupid question trying to find any mention of ΕΛΛΑΔΑ in ancient texts. ΕΛΛΑΔΑ as a term to describe the area we now identify as "mainland Greece" is only used since the mid 1800's. I don't think you'll find any ancient Greek texts talk about ΕΛΛΑΔΑ. Does this mean that ancient Greeks were not...Greeks?

It means that the ancient Greeks went extinct and somewhere around the 1800's the mongrels who inhabit the land decided to impersonate them. Your reply gives credence to my thesis and you can't see it. Now thats a bit stupid.

Επισκέπτης

admin:

Your arguments are a mish-mash of propaganda, half-baked history and twisted personal ideas.

are you kidding me?

You yourself stated:

ΕΛΛΑΔΑ as a term to describe the area we now identify as "mainland Greece" is only used since the mid 1800's.

And yet here you are claiming ancient origins and a continuity of Greek Identity! Do you see the contradictions?

Guest eyoismos

τοῖς δὲ τριήκοντα γλαφυραὶ νέες ἐστιχόωντο.

Νῦν αὖ τοὺς ὅσσοι τὸ Πελασγικὸν Ἄργος ἔναιον,

οἵ τ᾽ Ἄλον οἵ τ᾽ Ἀλόπην οἵ τε Τρηχῖνα νέμοντο,

οἵ τ᾽ εἶχον Φθίην ἠδ᾽ Ἑλλάδα καλλιγύναικα,

Μυρμιδόνες δὲ καλεῦντο καὶ Ἕλληνες καὶ Ἀχαιοί

ΟΜΗΡΟΥ ΙΛΙΑΣ -Β

δεν θα κάνω τον κόπο για το τί είπε ο αριστοτέλης και ένα σωρο άλλοι, ή ακόμα για το Πάριο Χρονικό, παραδείγματος χάριν

Guest eyoismos

personally i think ajax is a serious contender for the best PMS bitch-rants of all time ... in females this condition is really a "passionate release and rejuvenation of the soul", exhibited regularly for a couple of days tops   before leveling out to normal everyday psyche - which is a politically correct way of saying" i Sooooo want to blowtorch the eyes of this stupid idiotic man in my life"

only in ajax's case, he has an unfair advantage , as he has definitely demonstrated that  its a permanent condition - a case of estrogen overload --- kind of mushroom comatosis state in the realms of alternative reality - aka going by the street name of "peyote ugly "

Guest FriendofGreece

Ajaxmonkey, please do not disrespect and demean Greece and Greeks, they are my friends. And please do not assume things.

Although my opinion is that if someone is born in a shithole, it would still be his country, a country he can call his own, and the people living in it, his own people.

Επισκέπτης

Ajaxmonkey, please do not disrespect and demean Greece and Greeks, they are my friends. And please do not assume things.

Although my opinion is that if someone is born in a shithole, it would still be his country, a country he can call his own, and the people living in it, his own people.

And I still like to know which country you call home.

Or are you just a Troll who lives under a bridge?

Επισκέπτης

δεν θα κάνω τον κόπο για το τί είπε ο αριστοτέλης και ένα σωρο άλλοι, ή ακόμα για το Πάριο Χρονικό, παραδείγματος χάριν

If I were half as stupid as you are I would not hesitate to euthanize myself. This is my politicaly correct way of saying: Go kill yourself.

Don't undestand a thing and go quoting Homer? To prove what exactly? That you are Greek?

Let me explain it again to you:

Once upon a time there lived some people who were called Greeks. Those were the People of Homer, Aristotle, Pericles and so forth. By the end of the 4th century AD those people went extinct and their name was forgotten in the land. By the end of the 19th century your goat-humping ancestors learnt from Europeans that a Great Greek Civiliztion existed once on the land they lived on. So they thought by calling themselves Greek they'll get rid of the goat stench. So to be clear: Homer and Aristotle have nothing to do with you. The goat-humpers are your people.

The appelation "Greek" was taken countless aeons before your kin showed up. So if you really want to use it do so in a way that makes a distinction possible. What about Novo Graecian? That would work! And your brothers in spirit to the north can call themselves Novo Macedonian. That would be something all you mongrels can live with. Right?

Guest eyoismos

i think you have been coal rolled once too often by those rednecks while jogging, and you mind his been fried. in fact i am pretty sure you could instigate a class action suit against them and offer as proof all the goggly gook you continuously blabber here

admin said that the term Hellas and Hellenes are only from the 1800's, and you, in a round about fucked up way, not only here but in the past as well, agree with him. i offer conclusive proof that you are both wrong, and off you go and a tangent and come up with even more crud, claiming that i was claiming that is proof of anything, while offering absolute fuckall to prove your alleged allegations of discontinuity and non-continuance with the ancients. And in a paroxysm you are now famous for, would probably try and bring up something about the byzantine and the term romios, while fully ignore the prosecutions for those who like to call themselves hellenes, for they where associated with idolatry by the powers that be at the time ... and yet the identity of a hellene was kept allive by many many generations, both within the realms of what is today greece, throughout the centuries, AND by those throughout the diaspora of the centuries gone by

unbeknownst to you, to the point of vitriolic denial, hellas, hellenes, hellenism are not synonymous with paganism,  but the later is but only a step or two of what defines the former, in a long long road of transformation, adaptation, and survival

what next? that there is no such thing as jews?, and that today's lot are nothing but a whole lot of semite arabs high on torah crack? i mean after all, they have been conqured and prosecuted and murdered and maimed for a shit load longer that the greeks, and by an even more crap load of of other nations, including the greeks....therefore, according to ajax fucked up logic, there just cant be any real ones left.. and i suppose there are no egyptians too, after all , they also have been shagged to death by just about everybody, and now all that is left are arabs with an identity crisis

you say i must go and kill myself, which implies i am actually alive, and you dont like it. What i suggest is that YOU get a life and stop living with ghosts that torment what is left of your mind

Επισκέπτης

Did Kolokotronis not slaughter all Turks and Jews? Did the loot of their belongings not make him the guy with the money? And did he not buy the loyalty of the brigands he called his army with that money?

And who are the Byzantines again? I never heard of any people who called themselves "Byzantines". The mongrels Rom assembled in the Eastern Part of her Empire used to call themselves Romioi. And those are your ancestors. No relation to the Greeks at all. Your people never called themselves Greek. To the contrary they used Greek as a derogative term. Want proof of that? Read the fucking texts of your Church. You fuckers started calling yourselves Greek only after the mid 1800's because Greek became popular in Europe. But even after that you continue to hate everything Greek while pretending to be the heirs of Hellas.

A culture is centered around a cult. The similarity of the words is not accidental. And the Jews are as Jewish today as they were in the Bronce Age. They still practice Judaism and that's what makes them Jews. You on the other hand live in a culture that has been shaped by some sort of reformed Judaism that is hostile to everything Greek. In other words: Your culture is not Greek. You count your weekdays up to the Sabath and despise everything the Greeks stood for.

And here's my e-card to you:

aWODRV4_460s_v2.jpg

Guest eyoismos

You count your weekdays up to the Sabath and despise everything the Greeks stood for.

that says it all about what a cantankerous putz you are

and just to make my point even more valid kolokotronis did not slaughter turks and jews, though he is obviously very much associated with the siege of tripolitsa, therefore he was guilt of slaughtering the turks and jews THERE.

and i add

It was also a potent symbol for revenge, its Greek population having been massacred by the Ottoman forces in the past: the latest of such events, a few months earlier, following the failed rebellion at Moldavia in early 1821; previous massacres of the town's Greeks occurred in 1715 (during the Ottoman reconquest of the Morea) and on Holy Monday, 29 March 1770, after the failed Orlov Revolt

(not to mention the 400 years before)

so much for ajax's claim ""Ethnic Cleansing" was invented by the Novo Graecian state"

furthermore

Conditions were worsening inside the walls for scarcity of food and potable water. Taking advantage of this, Kolokotronis began quiet negotiations with the leaders of the besieged, aiming at an orderly capitulation. He wisely convinced the Albanian contingent led by Elmas Bey[15] to make a separate agreement for safe passage to Argos, thereby greatly reducing the strength of the defenders. The deal itself was guaranteed by Dimitrios Plapoutas, the renowned Koliopoulos. The city was taken before the 2,500 Albanian had departed, but still they had a safe passage out of the Peloponnese a few days after the fall

The successive petitions of the remaining Ottoman defenders for a truce were, in the end, regarded by the besiegers as a temporizing ruse, in an ultimately hopeless anticipation of Ottoman reinforcements

When I entered Tripolitsa, they showed me a plane tree in the market-place where the Greeks had always been hung. I sighed. "Alas!" I said, "how many of my own clan — of my own race — have been hung there!" And I ordered it to be cut down. I felt some consolation then from the slaughter of the Turks. ... [before the fall] we had formed a plan of proposing to the Turks that they should deliver Tripolitsa into our hands, and that we should, in that case, send persons into it to gather the spoils together, which were then to be apportioned and divided among the different districts for the benefit of the nation; but who would listen?"

Kolokotronis memoirs

Steven Bowman claims that despite the fact that many Jews were killed, they were not targeted specifically: "Such a tragedy seems to be more a side-effect of the butchering of the Turks of Tripolis, the last Ottoman stronghold in the South where the Jews had taken refuge from the fighting, than a specific action against Jews per se."However, in the case of Vrachori a massacre of a Jewish population occurred first, and the Jewish population in the Peloponnese regardless was effectively decimated, unlike that of the considerable Jewish populations of the Aegean, Epirus and other areas of Greece in the several following conflicts between Greeks and the Ottomans later in the century. Many Jews within Greece and throughout Europe were however supporters of the Greek revolt, using their wealth (as in the case of the Rothschilds) as well as their political and public influence to assist the Greek cause. Following the state's establishment, it also then attracted many Jewish immigrants from the Ottoman Empire, as one of the first states in the world to grant legal equality to Jews

tripolitsa is an unfortunate case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, for the jews

was what happened in tripolitsa acceptable, or even forgivable? of course not,

was it understandable considering the circumstances? more than likely

and there are a shit load more scenarios at play, far more numerous to mention

but that is not the point, the point is there are truths, there are half truths and there are Ajax truths

as for your ecard .... what could one expect, from somebody who's got his head so far up his ass, he can chew his food again on the way down.

Guest eyoismos

by the way, just a small indication of what the greeks thought during the fight for liberation

ο Διάκος που, αφού αιχμαλωτίστηκε, αρνιόταν πεισματικά ν’ αλλαξοπιστήσει δηλώνοντας:«εγώ Γραικός γεννήθηκα, Γραικός και θα πεθάνω».

ok ok .... he didnt say hellene,, he said graikos .... my bad

Guest eyoismos

'The Modern Greeks have had both a Byzantine and an Hellenic past to digest and the Byzantine and Hellenic attitudes to life are not only different to each other; they are antithetical to each other.... I have watched them gradually gaining ground in their struggle to master their heritages by digesting them and transcending them.' -

Arnold Toynbee-  extract from his book on the Greek sense of the past, The Greeks and Their Heritages.

Επισκέπτης

and of course i wont even start about that complete and utter distortion of the facts about kolokotronis, for example

Which facts did I distort?

Did Kolokotronis not slaughter all Turks and Jews? Did the loot of their belongings not make him the guy with the money? And did he not buy the loyalty of the brigands he called his army with that money?

You say

therefore he was guilt of slaughtering the turks and jews THERE

But then you babble on that there are Truths and there are AJAX truths. Would you care to explain in what respect the former differ from the latter? Is it the ascertion that the Turks and Jews of Tripolitsa were at the wrong place at the wrong time? Perhaps so but can the same not be said of the Armenians or Pontians.

You see eyo, I missed your absence from this forum. I made only ONE post during the whole time you were gone. Not because you say anything of value. To the contrary. What makes you invaluable is the fact that you are the best study subject for the Novo Graecian Psycho Pathology I have ever encountered. You are great! Not a trace of intelectual integrity. Not a trace of doubt. Not a trace of shame. You are the real thing. The pure unadulterated disease. I throw a few facts out there and there comes the reaction. The twists, the turns, the intelectual triple backward flips... Magificent! Keep up the good work please. And now lets get back to work. Lets dish up a few more facts.

You do count your days to the Sabath don't you? The Orthodox week consists of the following days:

Proti (first), Deutera (second), Triti (Third), Tetarti (Fourth), Pempti (Fifth), Paraskevi (Preparatory for Sabath), and Sabath. Around the 5th century the Orthodox felt the need to distance themselves from Judaism so they moved their mess to the Proti which at that occasion was renamed to Kiriaki (The lords Day). And those are the names of the days as the Greeks use them today. Pretty factual don't you think?

So would you care to explain why mine stating that you count your days up to the Sabath makes me a cantankerous putz?

Btw, I have no idea what that even means but I doubt it means accurate observer.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed