Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
admin

Where's eyoismos???

What happened to eyoismos? Haven't heard from him, or seen any posts from him in months. I hope he's not having any troubles with the police, as he was describing in an older post.  :)

Eyoismos, let us know that you're ok!

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

Or maybe people are still on vacation  :)

I know that Dino is in between jobs right now, so until he settles at his new job he won't be writing much in here.

Jen is writing less and less lately (Jen, we really need you to start rebuilding the recipes area with new recipes!).

Eyoismos is missing in action, no idea what happened to him. I hope he's ok.

ajaxmonkey hasn't been very active in the past couple of months either. Not sure if he's away on vacation.

Some other regulars have disappeared, maybe because as you said they're not happy with some of the latest posts/arguments over the past few months.

The only section which is flourishing is the music section which is busier than ever.

I hope people will come back and start posting again. It was good fun over the past few years to be able to share opinions and experiences.

Επισκέπτης

Or maybe people are still on vacation  :)

I know that Dino is in between jobs right now, so until he settles at his new job he won't be writing much in here.

Jen is writing less and less lately (Jen, we really need you to start rebuilding the recipes area with new recipes!).

Eyoismos is missing in action, no idea what happened to him. I hope he's ok.

ajaxmonkey hasn't been very active in the past couple of months either. Not sure if he's away on vacation.

Some other regulars have disappeared, maybe because as you said they're not happy with some of the latest posts/arguments over the past few months.

The only section which is flourishing is the music section which is busier than ever.

I hope people will come back and start posting again. It was good fun over the past few years to be able to share opinions and experiences.

I've been in Thessaloniki for 4 weeks. Came back 3 weeks ago and got swamped with work. Lets hope that the rest of the gang show's up too.

Why depressing? I didn't see anything different than what I saw last year or the year before that. Most people have already adjusted their lifestyles to the new reality and they continue living their lives as they used to. They're still having their coffees out, but now they don't sit a a cafe and pay 4 euros for their coffee. They take it to go and they pay 1.50 euros. They still go out to eat but they now go to small restaurants and share meze platters instead of splurging on plentiful food in tavernas and regular restaurants. Souvlaki stands are as popular as ever, in fact even more popular now, as a family of four can have a night out there and eat and drink for 10-15 euros.

Life in Greece is different, but that's the new reality, and people seem to be ok with it (on the most part). What's missing is hope. Syriza let many people down. They hoped that they'd bring change but they proved to be a new "Pasok". Now, in typical Greek fashion many of those Syriza supporters, despite seeing that Syriza used them to get in power and never delivered the goods, they still cheer for them. Greeks are strange this way. When they vote for a party, even when they see that this party blatantly lies to them and makes a ton of costly mistakes, they continue supporting it just to prove to everyone else around them that they were not wrong to support this party in the first place. Typical Greek craziness...

I'd be curious to see whether Syriza is going to win a clear majority in this election. It's pretty obvious in my mind that they'll receive the most votes again, but the key question is whether they'll win the majority of the seats in the Vouli. If this happens then there's no hope for Greeks. They'd be officially nuts.

I have to agree with Admin's perspective on how things are in Greece right now. That's the way I saw it, too. The same as last year and the year before. In my village, of course, nothing changes. In the city there were more closed stores than last year, but there's a huge, brand new "toy" store that has opened between the city and my village. So, someone has hope for the future.

i hope everyone had a good Christmas....been busy with the festive season and now preparing for the New Years Party

i have this weird sense of making everything clean and organised before the New Year...then I'm going to be spending my free time getting a tan  :D

Admin, i will work on the recipe section in the new year....i thought you were going to bring back the old ones  :huh:

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed