Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest //Ιωσήφ96//

Syriza, To Potami, is there really anyone Else?

Guest //Ιωσήφ96//

Hi everyone, just thought I'd put out a question I've been wondering about for a while now. I take a good 20 minutes or so of my time around every other day to look up news about the European & Greek sovereign debt crisis & although I'm much more concerned about the common Greek currently in Greece, one also has to wonder about how far gone the politicians have gone from being anywhere near remotely honest/trustworthy in this nightmare Greece finds itself in. For several years now I've been well aware of all the recent political ups and downs (mostly downs) in Greece, and a good amount of what has been transpired.

So, at the end of the day, who is left that can actually make a difference in Greece? 

I hate to say it, but with New Democracy just doing whatever the Troiki demanded of them made the populace hate them for having no spine, Pasok was obliterated after the people having found out all the troubles of the Greek state after they were keeping things secret for so long, and with Syriza now not commiting to ANY of their electoral promises due to pressure from literally all of Europe & having no ability whatsoever to control their financial future due to the ties of the common currency & the ECB, what other party is there that can try to bring credibility back to Greek politics (if there was any in the last few decades, since this debt sharade has been going on for forever now). 

Everything a Greek gov. implements, regardless of party at this point in time, I think will be at partial success if best only because there is no trust in politicians. And in this case, the Greeks people are so right, who would trust these people after the nightmare situation they made Greece get into, and after all the negative impacts they put onto the populace? If possible, I'm curious as to how Greeks in Greece think of the current Tsipras situation after he pretty much caved into all the Troika demands by attempting to get a THIRD BAILOUT even after having a referendum where 61.5& of GREEKS said OXI.  Yes, I know the ECB financialy constricted Syriza, and yes I know about Varufakis' 'Plan B' so to speak, but I'm really wondering how they could just give in only a week after the Greeks said no. It doesn't seem like there is any credibility left at all. How can a country get back on its feet when no one trusts in the government and the poicies they implement, especially given the fact that the Greek people know all their taxes, and tax increases, will not go to bettering their municipality or country in general, but only to the pockets of Creditors overseas for DECADES to come?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

Hi Iosif, welcome to Hellenism.Net and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I mostly agree with you and share your concerns. I honestly don't see any politician or political party in Greece able to lead Greece out of this crisis. Like many other Greeks I was also fooled by Syriza hoping that they'd come up with some fresh ideas and do something different. Unfortunately they proved to be the same shit as everyone else before them.

Who knows what the future holds now. Tsipras seems to still be popular in Greece (I really don't know why...he blatantly lied to the Greek people, worse than any of his predecessors) so he may stay in power for a few more years. I guess many people still hope that he will eventually do something right and bring some much needed change. On my part, I very much doubt about this. His party has proven to be extremely ineffective so far and lacking ideas to get Greece out of this mess.

Ιωσήφ96 welcome to our site!

I think it it will take 10-20 years for Greece to get out of this mess.

Unlike Admin I did not have any high hopes for Syriza, they reminded me of PASOK of the 80s, I just hoped they were right and I was wrong. But I am not so sure if Tsipras planned to lie about what he was going to do, in my opinion he and most of the Syriza politicians are incompetent, unprepared, and do not understand economics and politics. They were mostly opposition experts, and professional protesters. Sadly the one guy that appeared intelligent 
Varoufakis, was also too arrogant and had foot in the mouth disease.

But at the same time plenty of blame goes to all current and past creditors that lend Greece money, and forced an austerity only solution.

Patrick is this your way of rubbing it in, truly what is your purpose here, do you have any constructive feedback that helps Greeks or Greece, any meaningful insight.

We are all aware that the Troika is dictating to Greece what to do, especially Germany. We are also aware that Greece got in this mess by its government borrowing money from German banks to buy German goods, and as a result Merkel has just as much power in Greece as anyone of its PMs. Now rubbing it is, is not nice.

Guest PatrickT

Patrick is this your way of rubbing it in, truly what is your purpose here, do you have any constructive feedback that helps Greeks or Greece, any meaningful insight.

We are all aware that the Troika is dictating to Greece what to do, especially Germany. We are also aware that Greece got in this mess by its government borrowing money from German banks to buy German goods, and as a result Merkel has just as much power in Greece as anyone of its PMs. Now rubbing it is, is not nice.

You are right. My apologies. I must admit that i was pretty angry towards greece. The way Syriza acted was a gigantic insult against my nation. When i was there i saw anti german propaganda. Then that retarded referendum and even more anti german propaganda. I admit that i felt positive towards the way we put greece in its place...

but i have to admit when i saw elderly people infront the banks i did feel bad. 

Unfortunately Syriza made all this a face-saving game for germany and that battle created enormous damage in greece. Now that it is settled i want your country to get up. I´m sure we find solution that can help greece. Your country has so much to offer, use it and i´m sure you will have sucess. 

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed