Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Dino

Alexis Tsipras flies to Moscow amid speculation of bailout from Putin

Guest eyoismos

ο μάρκα μ΄ έκαψες πάει γυρεύοντας για πολύ δούλευμα .... ας παιξουμε λοιπόν το ηλίθιο παιχνίδι του

acts hostile towars us

and i am sure troll flaming statements like "Greece may have no problem with a war against ukraine, shooting down of civilian airliners" and all the variations thereof, ....oh like "greece started ethnic cleansing in cyprus" have nothing to do with that

I honestly dont think that greece would be a good destination for me

why? oh i know.... you wanna rub shoulders with others that know how to hide money in offshores like Liechtenstein where no russians are, as opposed to cyprus, which is/was full of them

or is it because your often preposterous claims often mimic many within the syriza party, and you just cant compete

Putin gave tsipras nothing

you sure about that? what? you thought he was hoping to get money? right from the start BOTH tsipras and putin was saying that this was not on the table. oh wait ... germany, and by extension the eu as a whole came up with wild theories, but the fact remains...  it was about  trade...and yes political maneuvers too.... but ultimately ... to put things in perspective ....
"German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande laconically observed that they had also been to Moscow and still remained in the EU"

Putin felt belittled and would prefer zo have german chancellor or frnch president sitting there

you have been reading die welt i see ...because no other german newspaper seems to expressed that opinion
amusingly enough none of the russian  or greek ones or even most other international newspapers see saw it that way either.
apart from the fact that it was putin that invited tsipras, and not the other way round
like i said before ... its a chess game

Putin is a smart man and knows that any loan to tsipras would never be paid back. He would gain imfluence over a broken regime and gain nothing else than more anger with the EU.

wild speculation, based on inflammatory speculation and "very friendly" approach towards  greece, and russia while leaving germany the self delusion that they are saints and evil rasputin is out to get them

Bets are on that the eurozone will do its own foot-stamping, obfuscating and blustering but in the end roll-over Greece's debt and find a compromise solution.
And even if not, and Greece does fall out of the eurozone, Mr Tsipras will probably go down in Greek history as the leader who dared to take on the Big Boys in Brussels in an attempt to achieve social justice and restore his country's honour.
bbc article

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest PatrickT

What many greeks don´t realize is that their current "downfall" is simply a correction of standards. Greece has a small economy and lived over its own limits. What we see now is a normalisation of their standard on a normal level.

As i said before we are pretty happy about the outcome of this visit. Putin dismissed Tsipras completly.

Putin knows why he has no american weapons in Ukraine. Because chancellor Merkels intervention. Greece simply is not important enough in the global game to create more anger between russia and germany. 

On the other hand greece move towards russia makes the situation for us easier. We can act softer with greece knowing full well that not one eastern european member state will vote in their favor. Greece is down in poland and the baltics.

I must say it goes better than planned. Evryone believed the Syriza would be hard to crack but they get crushed faster than expected. People all around the EU see now how incompetent they are and what chaos they create for their people. 

Greece is isolated completly. They travel all around the world to find a friend who helps them but get nothing. Putin gave nothing, China gave nothing. USA even insulted them. Varoufarkis was only allowed to speak with a lower US representative who ordered him to debate trustworthy with his lenders. 

I openly admit we have zero respect with the current greek leadership. Our finance minister called Varoufarkis stupid and naive. Our parliament broke out in laughter when chancellor Merkel said she invited tsipras and is happy to talk with him. The current greek representative of the EU was compared to a taxi driver who only begs for money.

So if you thinnk that tsipras troop restored your countries honour then i must disappoint you. They are treated like comedians in germany and through the EU.

I admit i lost my cool because greece ridicolous reparation claims and i regret that. But calling me a troll does not help your issue. A troll just want to cause trouble and is not interested in anything else. I´m patriotic. I love my nation. Something you can´t blame me for. Greece acted in the last weeks against my nations interests which made me angry, which was wrong. As the british "Telegraph" said, chances for greece to get even one € from germany are at zero. 

You think germany wants bad for greece but that is wrong. We want help and we will help. But in a smart way. We will help greece to build up a functional government and system. We will change greece into something better. 

You think i dislike greece, which is wrong. Germany did not chose to be the dominant power in europe. We achieved this position through competence. We are one of the most powerful nations worldwide. Our economic power is unmatched. We have almost zero unemployment and our exports boom like never before. We are in a never ending boom phase. Chancellor Merkel is seen in the world as the leader of Europe.

Greece is only a small problem for us. To put things into perspective, a single german city like Stuttgart has a bigger economy than entire greece. Our program worked in ireland, portugal and spain. And it will also work in greece.

Tsipras and his Syriza are not acceptable for us. The greeks elected them and i respect that but you must also respect our decission to let them starve out and fall and then deal with a new greek government which acts more trustworthy. 

Dont worry about greece and the greek people. Germny will not let them fall even if it looks tough right now. We simply get rid of the syriza morons and after that we have a free hand to improve the greek nation and shape it to a better place for its people. 

Like it or not but the simple fact is that the future of your nation is in our hands. It is just natural that the future greece will be a little bit more german in its laws and rules and a little bit less middle eastern. This positive development is already going on. Our biggest airport corporation Fraport does buy all big greek airports. With smart investments this can help us to counter the gulf airlines. Fraport for example fears that Dubai could minimize our profits. With greek airports under our control our big player Lufthansa can reach australia easily without landing.

So no need to insult each other. Peace.

Patrick thanks for the optimistic assessment, truly what are you doing here on this forum but trolling? 

And you reparations anger is hypocritical. As I stated before, Greece got bailed out to save the EU banks, more than save Greece.

Greece has been treated with disrespect and with punitive actions, and Germany out of all the big EU nations has been the worse in the Greek treatment. Greece forgave Germany for all its done during WWII, yet Germany and you make all kinds of ignorant statements and generalizations about Greece and Greeks, so what did you expect. The austerity did not work, things got bad on a hurry, and your government is asking for more pension cuts, more austerity. The Greek debt to GDP ratio went from 120s to high 170s, not because the debt increased, but because the GDP went down. Austerity failed! Yet Germany is asking for more austerity and seems unwilling to compromise, so Greece brought out the nuclear option, WWII reparations. 

I have major reservations about the current Greek government, but I still want them to do well for the Greek people, but you just reek hate and ignorance.

I started this post because I wanted to talk about Greece - Russia, but your posts are more in your face Greece! Glad you got nothing from Russia, China,..!, You will fail!... With statements like that, yes you are a troll.

So honestly I am having a hard time taking you seriously moving forward.

Guest PatrickT

Patrick thanks for the optimistic assessment, truly what are you doing here on this forum but trolling? 

And you reparations anger is hypocritical. As I stated before, Greece got bailed out to save the EU banks, more than save Greece.

Greece has been treated with disrespect and with punitive actions, and Germany out of all the big EU nations has been the worse in the Greek treatment. Greece forgave Germany for all its done during WWII, yet Germany and you make all kinds of ignorant statements and generalizations about Greece and Greeks, so what did you expect. The austerity did not work, things got bad on a hurry, and your government is asking for more pension cuts, more austerity. The Greek debt to GDP ratio went from 120s to high 170s, not because the debt increased, but because the GDP went down. Austerity failed! Yet Germany is asking for more austerity and seems unwilling to compromise, so Greece brought out the nuclear option, WWII reparations. 

I have major reservations about the current Greek government, but I still want them to do well for the Greek people, but you just reek hate and ignorance.

I started this post because I wanted to talk about Greece - Russia, but your posts are more in your face Greece! Glad you got nothing from Russia, China,..!, You will fail!... With statements like that, yes you are a troll.

So honestly I am having a hard time taking you seriously moving forward.

With all due respect, respect must be earned. To be treated respectful, the current greek government should act professional. At the moment it acts like clowns and fools. 

If you believe i´m trolling i must disappoint you. What i say is the opinion of almost all germans, including our chancellor. If you want a prove...here watch a video where the entire Bundestag breaks out in laughing when chancellor Merkel says she invited Tsipras and is happy to talk with him:

You are wrong about some things. Let me clear it up for you.

1. You believe anyone in germany cares about what greece" did "forgive" about WW II? Thats not how politics work. Politics are about power and influence. Germany holds more power in europe than ever before. Greece is a small country. If you believed the "forgiveness card" brings you any bonus then you were wrong as you could see.

2. The reparation issue backfired at greece. Bringing this up just created laughter in germany and jokes. As our finance minister said, let me quote Herrn Schäuble: "So the very same greeks who tell me since years they can´t tell who owns this or that villa and swimming pool now tell me they made a list with a specific amount of money they demand?"

Our economy minister Gabriel just commented it with one word: "stupid"

The president of our federal Bank Weidemüller laughed hard and then presented the fact that our emperor Willhelm I lend greece 20 million gulden in 1886 and greece never paid it back. Add inflation and interest rate this would be 295 billion €. He said if greece demands the reparation question it can erase this amount from our loan and add the remaining 10 billion they have to pay us back on their already existing debt.

As you see...an issue that is portraied deeply moralistic in greece becomes a joke in germany. 

3. Austerity is not meant to help the greek people. When greece collapsed it was a system error and could ed in desaster. The entire austerity concept saved the EU as a whole and allowed germany to build up a security wall. If greece collapses now the effect is zero for the rest of EU. 

Yes we ask for more austerity. The greek system is laughable. Pensioners there demand a 13th pension payment at christmas. Thats something we dont even have in germany. The rich greeks pay no taxes and hide them, so far no greek government changed this. You can easily ease the stress on your poor, when you finally tax your rich. You have two poles that hurt your people.

One is our austerity. The other is the rich greek elite that pays no tax. Our austerity will remain unchanged. So maybe it would be time to go for the rich greek elite. It would bring you 80 billion €.

I must also say you are wrong if you think that my comment is about "in your face greece". Thats not true. I´m just happy how well our chancellor outplays the syriza idiots. They started a dwarf rebellion and now get crushed evry day a little more. 

Greece is a democracy. Syriza won the most votes of the people. They won because they made laughable promises. I seriously wonder what do you expect? That we pay billions for nothing too greece to fund a luxury life to people we don´t know and get nothing in return? Is that what you expect? 

A compromise is impossible, because we are right and there simply is no reason why we should compromise.

To give you some insight why germany is interested to hold the status quo:

We profit from it in evry aspect. 

1. Germany shows all of Europe who the boss is and sends a warning to all nations that leftist governments will sink into chaos

2. Our export boom already is unique in the world and we make evry month a new record high. The ongoing greek crisis forces the ECB to install low interest rates which drops the € exchange rate. A low € exchange rate fuels our already gargantuan export surplus even more

3. acess to gas and oil fields on the eastern med as well as important infrastructure in the region like airports. 

Whe you realize those 3 main points you may finally understand why sad greek stories and greek forgiveness won´t work to soften our hearts. We are very rational people. I think i speak for most of my people when i tell you that greek forgiveness for WW II is a nonsissue for me. Forgive us or not. It doesn´t change anything. So thats the hard reality. 

Guest eyoismos

holly cow!

this tiny little country who's economy is "smaller that Stuttgart" has caused the euro to drop to such phenomenal levels ?

euro.gif

but then what else can you expect from somebody who consistently and conveniently confuses facts, bullshit and wishful thinking

...while trolling this place .... and then dares to say ...what was it? peace?

what is even more amusing is he has the amazing capacity to throw so much manure and expect , nay demand, that everything smells of roses as far as his country is concerned .... a country which up to recently actually allowed tax breaks for companies who corrupted others .... by law ...and that as an example

but then we have gone though much of it already, so why elaborate

i swear ...the way he carries on, and with that mentality and attitude he displays .... he could easily become a member of syriza, if he applied, ....after all most of the hard core members of syriza often display just as much a "highly suspect" look at reality

nice to see that he also reads FAZ and also gives us an insight of what germans think of german taxi drivers

Guest eyoismos

i dont agree with you dino ...or at least partially

i would say not so much forgive, but rather ....hmmmmm? should i say "tolerate" ?...one never forgives a disastrous event such as what happened in greece during those terrible times. and i would add that , part of the "problem", if one could even dare to call it that, is that greeks tend to have a very large capacity of remembering and not forgetting... which, lets face it , doesnt help matters sometimes. as such i would suggest "forgive but never forget"

and in partial support of this, i offer the story of one of the caretakers of the german cemetary in crete

http://patrickleighfermor.org/2010/06/09/george-psychoundakis-the-cretan-runners-obituary-from-the-times/

from which i extract

Even after the publication of The Cretan Runner, Psychoundakis continued to live in Asi Gonia. There he translated the Iliad and the Odyssey into his Cretan dialect, and he was honoured by the Academy of Athens. He lived off the land and held a variety of jobs. That one of these was as the caretaker for the nearby German cemetery was a shining example of Psychoundakis’s sense of forgiveness.

and dont think that this was unique..... there are multiple examples, throughout the country, of this "forgiveness" (and i dont mean in any way this as ironic or sarcastic or anything else of similar nature ...just in case somebody misunderstands this and jumps to wild conclusions like somebody high on crack)

but i will agree with you on the point of when addressed with insults, or at least what we perceive as insults, to the whole nation as a whole, we do tend to remember quite vividly and over the top, often enough.

is it right? perhaps, or perhaps not. its all in the eye of the beholder

Guest eyoismos

getting back to what i said earlier ...about the nasty game of chess being played out, that i pointed out, and by coincidence expressing some of my "concerns" of what is really going on

from der spiegel:
One Port, Two Worlds: China Seeks Dominance in Athens Harbor

and from forbes:
Russia's Gazprom Counting On...Greece?

and i would also like to add this little titbit of info coming from spain, in a recent poll. from reuters:
Spain's anti-austerity Podemos neck-to-neck with mainstream parties: poll

Guest PatrickT

Eyoismos what you fail to realize is that spain as well as greece are irrelevant on the world stage. It is completly irrelevant what party is elected, because we can and will simply force our will on them. Syriza believed we would find a compromise, which we denie them. We just watch them die slowly and painful.

It would be even more easy in spain. Spain is a fractured country. The north is rich and pro EU. The basque country and catalunia want be independend. PODEMOS is strong is the poverty stricken south. Its a matter of fact that the weakest parts of the chain are inside spain and not between them and the EU.

You also lack the economic knowledge to follow this. 

Not greece let the € exchange rate fall. We did with the ECB politics. And we profit massive from this. We are already export worldmaster and this makes it even better. The lower the € falls, the better for germany. 

The comfortable position for our austerity project is, that you lack the money to end it. You can demand an end to austerity all you want. Because nobody is there to pay you money to end it you simply have to follow it, no matter if you want or not. 

Guest eyoismos

i am no economist, but one would have to be a complete dufus to think that the "greek crisis" was why the euro collapsed by what .... 30% ? - apologise i dont have my calculator to verify accurately what the chart indicates...my bad  - in less than a year

and an even bigger dufus to imply it was all "planned"  .. or is somebody is suggesting that undermining the confidence of all the europeans in the euro and the idea of the EU, was all a manipulation to fuck them over, and once this was achieved, somebody is now going for international trade

but like i said .... some people live on a world of their own

Guest PatrickT

i am no economist, but one would have to be a complete dufus to think that the "greek crisis" was why the euro collapsed by what .... 30% ? - apologise i dont have my calculator to verify accurately what the chart indicates...my bad  - in less than a year

and an even bigger dufus to imply it was all "planned"  .. or is somebody is suggesting that undermining the confidence of all the europeans in the euro and the idea of the EU, was all a manipulation to fuck them over, and once this was achieved, somebody is now going for international trade

but like i said .... some people live on a world of their own

It wasn't planned but suits our economic interest. The recent development in the exchange rate works as a boost for our export driven economy. There is no need to change it. If you believe. the "well-being" of greece is a core german interest, then i must disappoint you. It runs pretty low on the agenda, propably even behind a weekly veggie day at public cantinas.

As i said, some elements in the greek government fail to realize reality. Because of that they are treated like a clown army. There will be no compromise. You know it, so accept it.

Patrick we have the power, we laugh at the war preparations, ... your statements make me a stronger supporter of war reparations, the only issue I ever had with reparations, is that current German taxpayers would have to pay for it, and I feel bad for them to have to pay for past sins, but it is clear from your language, that the lessons of history did not take with you and others, just keep saying we have the power, just like an occupier, a financial occupier, and now I see more of a need for war reparations.

Guest PatrickT

Patrick we have the power, we laugh at the war preparations, ... your statements make me a stronger supporter of war reparations, the only issue I ever had with reparations, is that current German taxpayers would have to pay for it, and I feel bad for them to have to pay for past sins, but it is clear from your language, that the lessons of history did not take with you and others, just keep saying we have the power, just like an occupier, a financial occupier, and now I see more of a need for war reparations.

Not one cent will be paid and you know this. This would end germany, USA, russia, china, japan, france, UK, spain and evry single nation that ever had a war with anyone. Ats David cameron, PM of the UK said...chances for that are absolute zero. So with all respect, stop wasting time on nonsense. 

Whats more important would be to finally tax the greek elite. 

Guest eyoismos

Lobbyists threaten European democracy

Reuters) - Lack of control over lobbyists threatens to undermine European democracies, the anti-corruption pressure group Transparency International said on Wednesday, as it called for tight new regulation.

In a report assessing legal and other safeguards against opaque lobbying practices in 19 of the 28 European Union states and three EU institutions, it found only two countries -- ex-communist Slovenia and Lithuania -- had even half the level of protection Transparency thought necessary to protect against "undue influence" by vested interests.

Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal all scored less than 25 percent on the group's measure. Hungary and Cyprus trailed in lowest at just 14 percent each.

The EU's own executive, the European Commission, also passed the 50 percent mark. But the European Parliament and Council of the European Union fell short, the former at 37 percent and the latter at just 19 percent.

Among Transparency International's concerns were lack of public documentation of who is lobbying whom, with what resources and for what purpose. Others included failure to control the "revolving door" of staff moving between government institutions and private enterprises.

"Despite the fact that lobbying is an integral part of a healthy democracy, multiple scandals throughout Europe demonstrate that without clear and enforceable rules and regulations, a select number of voices with more money and insider contacts can come to dominate political decision-making," Transparency International said in a statement.

The report singled out Italy, Portugal and Spain -- all hit by the region's debt crisis -- as among the worst-performing countries. It added that "post-crisis financial sector reform efforts at the national and EU levels have been thwarted and watered down, in large part due to intense lobbying by the financial sector in Europe."

The report also said industries employing "problematic lobbying practices" included the alcohol, tobacco, automobile, energy, financial and pharmaceutical industries.

"European countries and EU institutions must adopt robust lobbying regulations that cover the broad range of lobbyists who influence ... any political decisions," the group's vice-chair, Elena Panfilova, said. "Otherwise, the lack of lobby control threatens to undermine democracy across the region."

and they all say its a greek problem hahhahahahha

proof once more that even here there is a pan-european problem

pity i cant find, not that i even bothered to try, finding the full report, although i reckon, in fact i am pretty sure,  at least using simple logic, greece must be pretty much at the bottom of the list

Guest eyoismos

here is a little titbit of information that would probably have the german arms industry spitting with hissy fits that their normal blackmail tactics and inflated prices and daring to buying outside the eu, and god knows what else they might dream up

Greece in talks with Russia to buy missiles for S-300 systems

of course we are only assuming that its true ...but history reminds us of what happened when we tried to buy from france, was it corvettes? dont remember exactly .... at very favorable prices ...and eventually didnt

and then there is the time with the cyprus missile crisis, and the right of a european nation having the right to defend itself

so who knows at this point, if true , or what the repercussions might be, or even if it eventually goes through, or "allowed" to go through

all but speculation

Guest PatrickT

here is a little titbit of information that would probably have the german arms industry spitting with hissy fits that their normal blackmail tactics and inflated prices and daring to buying outside the eu, and god knows what else they might dream up

Greece in talks with Russia to buy missiles for S-300 systems

of course we are only assuming that its true ...but history reminds us of what happened when we tried to buy from france, was it corvettes? dont remember exactly .... at very favorable prices ...and eventually didnt

and then there is the time with the cyprus missile crisis, and the right of a european nation having the right to defend itself

so who knows at this point, if true , or what the repercussions might be, or even if it eventually goes through, or "allowed" to go through

all but speculation

Its a nonissue. To buy it you need money.

Beside that greece is a NATO country and will not be allowed to buy enemy weapons it would use against us in future. The last thing greece should buy now is weapons.

Guest eyoismos

dont you love banker future wannabes, armed with youthful exuberance, coupled with ignorance and and fully embrace the power of tunnel vision

i  mean they can understand loans, really have a hard time getting to grip with concepts of i.o.u. and absolutely hate and despise anything that they cant have a piece of the pie ..... the barter system

and those are but some of the means available at ones desposal ...bitcoin comes to mind here too

i for one, and this is but a very simple example, practice it all the time ...bartering that is.... with many of my clients, only i choose not to call them clients but partners and or friends

over the years, i have traded with my accountants...they take of my books, i take care of their equipment. i have traded with my landlord for my business, and i take care of their computers, i have traded with the person who owns where i stay, and i have taken care of his own business it needs ....hell..... i have traded with farmers, they give me food, and i take care of their electronics on their farm

of course its all .. no charge, i like to take care of my friends....thank you very much , we like to take care of our friends too .... or variations theroff

and not a dime has exchanged hands ..which can only piss off many a banker cause they cant get their grubby little hands on some of the pie or anybody else who wants in

(which makes me wonder sometimes ....is that why i was raided by the police a little while ago? because somebody got really annoyed ....hmmmm ...certainly something to think about ...afterall , its a well know fact that here in africa people have made malicious reports and totally false allegations to the authorities for a lot less)

but then bankers are not exactly well known to be capable  to think outside the (money) box

so ... in answer to you ... lets call it rambling ....

maybe the report is true, maybe its false ...we as plebs really havent a clue what the facts are,

and even worse the dogmatic thinking that you cant buy without money, and only but money is ....well..... stupid

as for buying "enemy" weapons .... palease ... like "europe" will hold at strangling point anybody who wishes to buy outside the few select arm dealers/manufactures and ONLY, is law. Last i heard, that was NEVER part of the eu membership prerequisite agreement, though i am sure countries like germany WOULD and HAVE thrown their toys out of the cots, on many occasion ...hell they even have put roadstops to anybody daring to buy from their own NATO allies , off the cuff, france and the usa comes immediately to mind

Guest PatrickT

1. I'm not a "banker". I'm a trainee to be a Bankinspektor. The Bundesbank is not a bank like you know it. Its the central bank of germany and supervises banks.

2. greece has no money for anything right now. It is foolish to debate about weapon systems when you cant feed your people

3. Russia wages war against ukraine, reopened the cold war, murdered hundreds of people in flight MH17 including over hundred dutch passengers. It is shameless and grotesque to see greece embracing that tyrant and a spit into the face of the victims. I guess greece sunk so low, it even would trade with Kim Jong Un and buy oil from ISIS right now. The only good thing about this is that eastern european nations like the baltics and poland openly call greece traitor nation now and block anything that could bring greece nearer a compromise.

The only good thing about this is that eastern european nations like the baltics and poland openly call greece traitor nation now and block anything that could bring greece nearer a compromise.

Well that is the problem, they were already doing so before Syriza even came into power. Greece was driven this direction.

And by the way haven't Merkel and others from the EU held meetings with Putin? Greece is a sovereign nation, that has the right to meet with the Russian President. And not sure if you educated your self on the Cyprus invasion yet, but it is hypocritical from the EU nations and their press that go in panic when ever a Russian military plane that is flying near their territory but in international air space, yet Turkey violates Greek territory routinely and is occupying another nation, gets a free pass. 

Again, I was not a fan of the visit to Russia, because of Ukraine and GEORGIA, which by the way, Germany one of Russia's biggest partners before and after the GEORGIAN invasion, so stop riding your moral high horse here.

And Turkey because of its bullying, and Germany (and other NATO countries) playing both sides with its sales of military equipment, and bribes to get those sales are both partially responsible for this mess. Greece would not be spending so much every year on equipment. This military spending has always been a big concern of mine, because Greece being a nation of about 10M could never keep up with Turkey (70M) militarily in their budgets.

My whole point is that your criticisms hold little weight because of your collective statements so far, and the hypocrisy behind them.

Guest eyoismos

1. I'm not a "banker". I'm a trainee to be a Bankinspektor. The Bundesbank is not a bank like you know it. Its the central bank of germany and supervises banks.

yeah....yeah ... i know .... you are learning to be an enforcer for the godfather overseeing la familia. :-P

remind me again how the Bundesbank makes its money again? forced skimming off the top? i guess not much difference :-D

2. greece has no money for anything right now. It is foolish to debate about weapon systems when you cant feed your people

i was watching "the magnificent seven" the other day, whereby the mexcian peasants had it up to their neck with the suffering under the banditos, so they hired 7 gringos to help them. naturally, as all hollywood movies go, the gringos prevailed. yippee.... then i said to myself.... snap out of it eyo, there is a reason why the term gringo has such a pejorative bitter taste in the mouth. even more important, here was a whole lot of impoverished peasants who hardly had enough to eat, and yet still chose to take up arms. wonder why?

3. Russia wages war against ukraine, reopened the cold war, murdered hundreds of people in flight MH17 including over hundred dutch passengers. It is shameless and grotesque to see greece embracing that tyrant and a spit into the face of the victims. I guess greece sunk so low, it even would trade with Kim Jong Un and buy oil from ISIS right now. The only good thing about this is that eastern european nations like the baltics and poland openly call greece traitor nation now and block anything that could bring greece nearer a compromise.

and yet ...what is it you said? "Germany sold poison gas to Saddam and gas masks to his enemy Iran" what about those victims? or dont they count? selective reasoning at its finest. oh wait ...sorry.... you also stated "Nothing done in diplomacy is done for peace" ...no shit Sherlock!

let me tell you something buddy.... nobody gives a damn about comparing pros and cons of a cobra and a rattler. they are both highly deadly, and when the vipers combat each other, the little mouse caught in a trap, devised by both, just might find a way to escape alive ... and i repeat might

Guest PatrickT

Well that is the problem, they were already doing so before Syriza even came into power. Greece was driven this direction.

And by the way haven't Merkel and others from the EU held meetings with Putin? Greece is a sovereign nation, that has the right to meet with the Russian President. And not sure if you educated your self on the Cyprus invasion yet, but it is hypocritical from the EU nations and their press that go in panic when ever a Russian military plane that is flying near their territory but in international air space, yet Turkey violates Greek territory routinely and is occupying another nation, gets a free pass. 

Again, I was not a fan of the visit to Russia, because of Ukraine and GEORGIA, which by the way, Germany one of Russia's biggest partners before and after the GEORGIAN invasion, so stop riding your moral high horse here.

And Turkey because of its bullying, and Germany (and other NATO countries) playing both sides with its sales of military equipment, and bribes to get those sales are both partially responsible for this mess. Greece would not be spending so much every year on equipment. This military spending has always been a big concern of mine, because Greece being a nation of about 10M could never keep up with Turkey (70M) militarily in their budgets.

My whole point is that your criticisms hold little weight because of your collective statements so far, and the hypocrisy behind them.

Since the russian visit of tsipras made no results i dont see it as big thing anymore. Yes, chancellor Merkel did meet with Putin. She told him about her plan to install sanctions on russia and the meeting was ice cold:

eb3a462ded50579a82175a52f1795c836ce26395

tass_7334784.jpg?itok=YiTbQlow

2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

Thats how a true leader works...

now compare with little Tsipras...

0,,18369713_303,00.jpg

Tsipras came submissive like a slave...

Guest PatrickT

Otherwise Merkel is usually very warm, lovable, she looks like someone I would want to have a beer with.

Merkel is divided from politics in germany. She reached a status like none before her which is quite impressive. She degraded her party to be her electoral group. She rules presidential and stands above petty politics. Her style has even formed a new name: "Merkelism". Her popularity is unmatched and there simply is nobody to replace her.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed