Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Dino

Alexis Tsipras flies to Moscow amid speculation of bailout from Putin

Restarting is someways a post I had in the old site.

Greece has to do what it has to survive, I understand that.

I would just not have looked to Putin for help, simply because of Ukraine and Georgia, as I stated in the old site, a good argument could have been made for Crimea being given back to Russia or for more autonomy, but that negotiation, true election never happened, Russia simply invaded, and did not stop there.

So this is not sitting well with me.

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

Greeks are traditionally friendly to Russians because of the common religion. This goes back to the 17th and 18th century when we were hoping at the time for the Russians to support us in overthrowing the Ottoman rule (help which never came...).

As it is right now Russia has its own problems, but they wouldn't mind using Greece as a means to show to the EU and the US that they still hold some power. It would be pretty stupid for Greece to side with Russia at this point in time. I wouldn't mind if Tsipras is using all this as a means to "force" the EU and the US into helping Greece get a better financial deal. If he's indeed looking into getting Russia involved with bailing us out then he's a dangerous idiot. 

Guest PatrickT

Tsipras fucked it up. His laughable demands and way of politics isolated greece in the EU.

Many here don´t just want a grexit but a GREXITUS. 

But the suffering of the ordinary people aside...i must say i really enjoy to see this idiotic government going down. It looks cute how it fails and gets more and more desperate. 

"But the suffering of the ordinary people aside...i must say i really enjoy to see this idiotic government going down. It looks cute how it fails and gets more and more desperate. " 

The problem is that he did get elected, because hope of the average Greek was completely taken away, and the same people that bought his dreams, and every other ordinary Greek is likely to suffer more.

So from where I stand, I hope he is successful, because I want to see Greek suffering end, but it is apparent to me he will not.

Guest PatrickT

"But the suffering of the ordinary people aside...i must say i really enjoy to see this idiotic government going down. It looks cute how it fails and gets more and more desperate. " 

The problem is that he did get elected, because hope of the average Greek was completely taken away, and the same people that bought his dreams, and every other ordinary Greek is likely to suffer more.

So from where I stand, I hope he is successful, because I want to see Greek suffering end, but it is apparent to me he will not.

You hope he is sucessful? Sucessful with what? He just demanded 280 billion € compensation from my country. So in other words you want me, my people and my nation  to suffer and without any dreams and hope? 

With jokes like this he simply shows how desperate he is. Greece has no place in the EU anymore. And evryone knows this. This is just a matter of days. 

Guest eyoismos

am i nuts , or is nobody seeing the massive game of chess being played out

i mean ... germany's fraport is gunning for 14 regional airports in greece

china has hit hard with the container port of Piraeus now top 10 of europe, the size in number of containers has almost quadrupled  in size between 2008 and 2011 ... while everybody else is pretty much stagnant

russia is very much interested in the train system OSE ... which links everything between everything and everywhere, not to mention their interest in the ports themselves, Piraeus and Thessaloniki ...AND greece's tourist infrastructure

and they are very much into the idea of getting southstream off the ground , (as alternative to the northstream) , and thus so many are trying their damnest to block it, for obvious reasons ... but turkey, greece, fyrom, serbia and hungary extremely interested

not to mention camp bondsteel by the americans ....suspiciously there where it is , ,,, just in case it happens

and the above is only scrapping the surface

no wonder the eu, via germany (and others) is having a hissy fit, but playing it cool, while letting off steam about nato and European enemies and and what not

am i the only one that sees this nasty game of shall we call it , for want of a better word, the board game "Risk" ?

Eyoismos, yes a chess game, but this is a dangerous chess game, one that can get the rest of the EU more interested in kicking Greece out of the EU. Which i am not so sure will be a total disaster in the long run, but it definitely will be terrible at first.

And then there is the ethics of it.

Greece signs up to Turkish Stream project

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite2_1_08/04/2015_548940

In my opinion this is the best thing accomplished, but I still don't know if this trip was worth it. But I guess Greece can always point to Turkey's occupation of Cyprus, and her bullying.

Guest eyoismos

Greece may have no problem with a war against ukraine, shooting down of civilian airliners. But we have.

hmmmmm ? lets see ... could be one of three things

1) been reading the bild again

2) parking at home embracing Schnaps bottles

2) stil trying to get rid of the evidence of all the stuff you bought online from some dutch "cafe"

or maybe 4) all of the above

which reminds me ..... tell me again how many sanctions the EU has thrown at turkey for the invasion of cyprus and the loss of so many civilians there ? and i am not only talking about only dieing ... i am talking about vanished off the face of the earth ...

or should we talk about the guarantor britain .... who's guarantees are worth jack shit

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Guest eyoismos

Eyoismos, yes a chess game, but this is a dangerous chess game, one that can get the rest of the EU more interested in kicking Greece out of the EU. Which i am not so sure will be a total disaster in the long run, but it definitely will be terrible at first.And then there is the ethics of it.

greece is simply a tiny little pawn ... and i have this sneaky suspicion that for too much is dependent on who ends up getting their grubby little hands on the "assets" that i pointed out ..not that their are not even more ... like, for example, control of the geographical position of greece

and then ... it has been known that pawns reach the other side of the board somewhere along the line ...

ethics ?

hmmmm ??

who was it that talked about europe and greece not being worthy of belonging ?

ethics is all in the eye of the beholder

The sanctions will not end since germany, france and UK demand them. And we will not allow greece to weaken it. Greece may have no problem with a war against ukraine, shooting down of civilian airliners. But we have.

Patrick, Cyprus is occupied right now remind me what Germany is saying or doing about it?

This is daily news in Greece http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_08/04/2015_548956

Remind me what Germany has said or done about this. while I and other Greeks here have a right to expect better on this from Greece, not sure if you or Germany does, in fact Germany loves the Greece's problems with Turkey, because Germany gets to sell tanks, submarines and other multi-billion Euro sales. So don't try to ride your high horse over here.

Guest PatrickT

hmmmmm ? lets see ... could be one of three things

1) been reading the bild again

2) parking at home embracing Schnaps bottles

2) stil trying to get rid of the evidence of all the stuff you bought online from some dutch "cafe"

or maybe 4) all of the above

which reminds me ..... tell me again how many sanctions the EU has thrown at turkey for the invasion of cyprus and the loss of so many civilians there ? and i am not only talking about only dieing ... i am talking about vanished off the face of the earth ...

or should we talk about the guarantor britain .... who's guarantees are worth jack shit

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

1. i did never read the Bild nor did i ever buy one

2. i dont drink alcoholic stuff

3. i dont do drugs.

stop personal insults. If greece wants to leave the EU it simply should say so. It doesnt fit into it anyways.

And i all honesty to believe that sanctions would end just because greece wants it...is laughable at best.

Guest PatrickT

Patrick, Cyprus is occupied right now remind me what Germany is saying or doing about it?

This is daily news in Greece http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_08/04/2015_548956

Remind me what Germany has said or done about this. while I and other Greeks here have a right to expect better on this from Greece, not sure if you or Germany does, in fact Germany loves the Greece's problems with Turkey, because Germany gets to sell tanks, submarines and other multi-billion Euro sales. So don't try to ride your high horse over here.

greece started ethnic cleansing in cyprus and turkey intervened. There was an alection and turkish cypriots want reunion, greeks denied it. Greece also violates turkish airspace. If i remember right not that long ago that fat greek minister for example did this with a helicopter.

Really? What kind of history books are you reading? The ones which say that Germany committed no atrocities in WWII?

You can read about the Turkish invasion here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus

Turkey was found guilty by the European Commission of Human Rights for displacement of persons, deprivation of liberty, ill treatment, deprivation of life and deprivation of possessions. The Turkish policy of violently forcing a third of the island's Greek population from their homes in the occupied North, preventing their return and settling Turks from the mainland there is considered an example of ethnic cleansing.

Remember that you're a welcome guest in this Greek forum and (with the exception of eyoismos  :D ) you've been treated with respect despite your sometimes offensive views towards Greece and Greeks.

Please be a bit more mindful when you post unsupported opinions which are clearly offensive to the vast majority of the users of this forum. Please respect your hosts.

Guest eyoismos

uncle eyo is very good at discovering little trolls very quickly, weed them out of the little burrows in the quagmire world they live in, feed them just the right way, for them to talk so much you know what out of their ring-piece, get all aggressive and what not, and finally start playing the classic card of being a victim ..... which makes them pathetic little trolls

and at this point, assuming that he actually is being assigned by his employer to have a stint in greece, i will AGAIN strongly advise him ,when he does go there, to keep his trap shut and keep his half-baked opinions to himself....otherwise he will have a miserable time there

and i am only  assuming that this part is true (him going to greece .... on assignment) .. will give him the benefit of the doubt ...but i am dubious if i should believe him or not, at his point in time, considering the rest that has he been revealed to us

by the way ...remind me again WHERE in greece you are being posted ? and is it not interesting the only other alternative was bulgaria? what happened to all the other places that you could maybe be sent? - i start wondering if a little bit of Turkish blood is involved ... considering some of the gems he has posted here 

(conspiracy theory moment ?... what the hell do i  know ... after all ... i am only fishing )

Guest eyoismos

http://www.newsit.gr/politikh/prokataboli-apo-kerdi-agogos-2019-arxisei-0804/389137

http://www.tovima.gr/politics/article/?aid=693342

http://www.tanea.gr/news/politics/article/5227184/se-ekseliksh-h-synanthsh-tsipra-poytin-sto-kremlino/

sounds all well and good and interesting .... but cant help that nagging feeling of wondering what really went down

the devil is in the details as the saying goes

Guest PatrickT

As far as i know Greece was ruled by a military dictatorship back then and attempted to occupy all of cyprus which turkey intervened.

The UN under Kofi Annan made a plan to reunite the island, the turkish part voted for it, the greek part denied it. Thats a simple fact. Beside that my interst for local conflicts between two developing countries is rather limited.

As for my planned stay in greece, even if i go there my contact to locals would be limited, beside that i prefer to openly tell what i think and dont hide it behind sugar. My opinion about greece did sink below zero in the last few days and i work on the possibility to go Canada instead. So wish me luck, since i would prefer Vancouver much over Athens.

As for the general topic: greece acts hostile towards my country and it can be lucky that germany is not direct democracy like switzerland. The large majority of germans would drop it like a hot potato.

Greece is no partner, can be no partner and acts like an enemy of us and should be treated like one. Thats my opinion and i say it openly. Actually i feel insulted that it was even considered that i have to go there and will do evrything to be sned to a country where i can actually learn something. So as i said wish me luck, because i will bring this issue up in the next days and hope my supervisor will support my decission.

As dor my blood. :) My father is from Frankfurt am Main, my mother from Dresden. I'm 100% german. Considering the fact your country was 500 years uner turkish rule i suppose you have some turkish blood, maybe up to 100%. I would advice you to stop personal attacks. That might be allowed in the african bush or a middle eastern country, but in europe we follow a certain behavior. I would also like to add that your comments lack intellectual depth and i find it sad, that i must bring this up, considering the fact that you claim to be an elderly person.

Guest eyoismos

we have someone who makes crazy even outlandish claims, and then at a moment of weakness let it slip out that he hasnt a clue
translational : troll wanna be

holier than though attitudes coupled with an air of arrogance of some Prussian, if not historically later on variations... low ranking nobility - no wonder we threw out the imposed on us by the benevolent european powers houses of Wittelsbach and Glucksburg
translation: small minded troll

and it gets worse as time progresses ...... i mean .... in our day and age, anybody claiming of being 100% of anything, and then countering that those with of opposing view is 100% of anything else is indeed laughable and worthy of mockery - been visiting "skopia" perhaps ?

translation: pathetic small minded little troll

and it reaches its zenith of now refusing to even entertain the idea of having a wonderful , (or at least even an eye-opening if not broadening) experience because of one amateur troll hunter and a couple of over- compensating extremely tolerant individuals counted with the fingers of one hand, in a website of minor influence in world affairs, let alone greek ones

translation: tragically pathetic small minded little troll who seriously need to get some medication

Guest PatrickT

If you think a forum and some oersonal insults have influence over my personal decessions then i must disappoint you.

The rcent days showed that greece is not a partner of germany in anyway and acts hostile towars us. I only have the chance to go at one destination during this semester and should chose wisely. I honestly dont think that greece would be a good destination for me. I want international contacts and experience and believe that Vancouver would be better for my personal experience.

To come back to the topic, we are happy with the recent outcome of tsipras visit in russia.

Putin gave tsipras nothing and you could see, that Putin did not feel good to sit next Tsipras. Putin felt belittled and would prefer zo have german chancellor or frnch president sitting there.

Putin is a smart man and knows that any loan to tsipras would never be paid back. He would gain imfluence over a broken regime and gain nothing else than more anger with the EU.

Tsipras on the other hand lost evrything now. His best card was his "russian card". He used it often to show us that he can chose alternatives like russia. He played this card now and lost it. He does not only run out of money but also of cards.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed