Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest HappyAsHellas

Dictionary of Greek proverbs.

Guest HappyAsHellas

After a bit more scratching around after the last "proverb" thread I have come across a rather potentially interesting book. It is called a "Dictionary of Modern Greek Proverbs" and was written in 1832 by Alexander Negris who appears to be a professor of Greek literature. Most of the book is printed in English and as such is perfectly understandable. However, the Greek writing is in cursive text and I can't make out most of the authors abysmal hand writing. I can only conclude that the book printers ( a company here in Edinburgh ), never had Greek letters and so resorted to this strange method. The book is freely available online so if someone can possibly read it all then it may be of interest.

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

This is the actual link to the book https://books.google.ca/books?id=GvxHAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Now, it's debatable whether these proverbs are "modern" as the book was written in 1832 - even though most of these proverbs are still in use. The proverbs are aalso written in Katharevousa (which is a purist/made up form of modern Greek used in the 1800s and early 1900s for most literary writing).

Good find nonetheless  ;)

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed