Hellenism.Net

Sign in to follow this  
Guest eyoismos

A Greek whisper to Europe

Guest eyoismos

the optical side of this vid is pretty much lame

but the words!!! They caused a bit of an oscilation of goosbumps on my skin, while the resulting shiver subtly directed itself towards my idealistic soul

at least most of it .....

for you see the balance ... kinda pissed me off when it slyly tried to place the current goverment as the candidate vessel of this idealism. ... all the while hiding behind the veil of non-political orientation .....i mean palease hypocritical producers !

take that "diabolical revelation" of cryptopharisee "wisdom" out ... and it brought a most satisying smile to my lips

the optical side of this vid is pretty much lame

but the words!!! They caused a bit of an oscilation of goosbumps on my skin, while the resulting shiver subtly directed itself towards my idealistic soul

at least most of it .....

for you see the balance ... kinda pissed me off when it slyly tried to place the current goverment as the candidate vessel of this idealism. ... all the while hiding behind the veil of non-political orientation .....i mean palease hypocritical producers !

take that "diabolical revelation" of cryptopharisee "wisdom" out ... and it brought a most satisying smile to my lips

You shouldn't popularize bullshit like that.

The only fitting response to that crap is hatred of Greece and everything Greek.

Boohoo! The poor Greeks can not afford their souvlaki anymore after they blew through 400+ Bil. they didn't earn!.

What a tragedy!

Lets appeal to the humanitarian side of the Europeans. They MUST help us poor Greeks because we are worst off

than the tens of millions of slave laborers of this world. Many of them children.

We are worst off than the hundreds of millions of wage slaves who work 16 hour shifts to earn 2 Euros.

We are worst off than the tens of millions of people displaced by wars and disasters.

We are worst off than the billions of people who survive on less than a dollar a day.

We are worst off than the countless malnourished children of the world who die daily due to disseaese that 1 dollar worth of antibiotics could cure.

Time to get out of this selfcentered egotistical Greek attitude. If the Europeans wish to bankroll humanitarian causes they can find worthier ones than this ridiculus Greek soap opera. The Greek crisis is not humanitarian. It is the insistence of a group of people to continue living beyond their means and have others pay for it.

Despicable!

Guest eyoismos

my oh my !

some those burst arseholes back home must have really done a massive number on you, for you to have developed such a cold ,cynical and dripping with vitriol heart towards them

care to redefine "the insistence of a group of people" more accurately ? because you seem to imply

group of people = all greeks

my oh my !

some those burst arseholes back home must have really done a massive number on you, for you to have developed such a cold ,cynical and dripping with vitriol heart towards them

care to redefine "the insistence of a group of people" more accurately ? because you seem to imply

group of people = all greeks

Tsipras promises higher wages, pensions, money for nothing and guess what Tsipras is elected. So the Group of People who want something for nothing are in the majority in Greece. If you think that any of the statements I've made in my post are factually wrong feel free to correct me.

Guest eyoismos

remind me again the percentage of the vote that tsipras got ,, so we are on a common ground of what the majority wanted

because you are in danger of sounding an awful lot like the shall we call it gloating of the syriza government and its claim of a so called global mandate by the greek people

and that "money for nothing" accusation ... come on .... get a reality check ...who DOESNT want higher wages and pensions.... name me just one country in the whole world who's electorate did not get charmed by such promises and elected somebody into power

and please , while we are at it, please name one ,democratically elected government that achieved paradise lets call it immediately

dont get me wrong .... i cant stand the fucker ....mainly, even especially, because what his populist rants and raves with almost venomous verve, when fighting "the system" .... yet silent , if not participating in the same "system" now that "he" (read syriza) is in power ... not so much

example ? the totally abused by him and his party and his followers word "kolotoumpas" ,,, obvious where i am taking that

and that is but a minor example

however! syriza is still fresh ( as in inexperienced, and as yet unproven or given a chance) but everybody demands immediate miracles.... as if he is some kind of messiah - just like you seem to imply

i have said it before .... i am prepared to give him the traditional 100 days ..... at the very least - after all , his predecessors had decades to fuck everything up ...100 days seems only fair

that, though, is not here or there, what is in question is your "poison" you seem so ready to express ....irrelevant if justifiable or not ....and i still suspect what i suggested earlier on

Guest eyoismos

seriously ... compassion , understanding, social justice .... a heart ...... ARE part of the equation called human

Guest eyoismos

It is undeniable that every society to some degree must tryto reconcile the hostility that inevitably afflicts relationshipsbetween rich and poor.  Many writers throughout history havedwelt upon the subject--some seeing greatly disparate income as amoral or philosophical issue, and some as the theme for drama orpathos.     John Calvin, the founder of Presbyterianism, saw theamassing of wealth as proof of divine favor--that material richesshowed the possessor to be one of "the elect", and thereforepredestined for even greater rewards in the hereafter.     Arch-sentimentalist Charles Dickens wrote tear-jerkingfiction in Victorian stereotypes about the noble poor exploitedby the stone-hearted rich--exemplified by Ebenezer Scrooge.     Rugged individualist and Yukon poet Robert Service laudedthe self-made man, and saw beggars as those who had chosen tobeg.     And Herbert Spencer saw inequality of wealth as evidence inhuman society of Darwin's theory of Natural Selection, whichSpencer re-dubbed the Survival of the Fittest.

Boohoo! The poor Greeks can not afford their souvlaki anymore after they blew through 400+ Bil. they didn't earn!.

What a tragedy!

I don't like populist videos like this one either, but you can't blame the average Greek for blowing through however much money Greece borrowed from the EU.

This is the argument made by those who blew through this money (Greek politicians and the Greek elite on the most part).

"We blew through this money together" they're saying. Really? So if a Greek grandpa got a raise in his pension or if a Greek farmer got some extra money from EU packages this means that they're as responsible as the politicians and the elite who blew through billions of Euros over the past few years?

I don't think so...

Guest eyoismos

exactly

which is what the video attempts to address ... mostly (as i said ...fuck the underhanded propaganda insert of the current government support, and implied humanity being an exclusive zone of the left)

in other words .... populist ?

I don't think so...

idealistic ?

maybe

but then i did say it appealed to my idealistic soul :)

seriously ... compassion , understanding, social justice .... a heart ...... ARE part of the equation called human

If you take any of that seriously then you ask the Europeans to spend their money for the aid of people who are in real need before wasting it on Greece. The humanitarian return on the investment would be much greater in other places.

I don't like populist videos like this one either, but you can't blame the average Greek for blowing through however much money Greece borrowed from the EU.

This is the argument made by those who blew through this money (Greek politicians and the Greek elite on the most part).

"We blew through this money together" they're saying. Really? So if a Greek grandpa got a raise in his pension or if a Greek farmer got some extra money from EU packages this means that they're as responsible as the politicians and the elite who blew through billions of Euros over the past few years?

I don't think so...

We did blow it together. The Greek grandpa does not deserve a raise on his Pension. In fact he doesn't deserve an Euro pension at all because he never paid Euros into a Pension fund. What did the average "Klitiras" produce to receive a pension after 15 years of service. That's by the way the average time Greek public sector employees served to receive a full pension. Why the hell should somebody else pay for those parasites?

Guest eyoismos

Greek public sector employees

aye ! thus fucking blood sucking vampire leaches of greek society !

(at which point i must also add that many in the public sector are innocent of this accusation, yet, the simple act of association brings them into this disrepute)

and yet the majority of greece's populace was NOT part of the public sector, and just by chance happened to pay for those fuckwads above, whether they liked it or not  ...and yet are being screwed all over magnanimously, right now

we wont even go into all those that escaped and STILL are escaping, at least trying to,  from greece's borders because of this non-justice, an enslavement and highjacking of meritocracy, the supporters of which regularly banned to the realms of the diaspora

and yet the majority of greece's populace was NOT part of the public sector, and just by chance happened to pay for those fuckwads above, whether they liked it or not  ...and yet are being screwed all over magnanimously, right now

Well, they are now.

One third of Greeks are public sector Employees and another third are public sector pensioneers. The remaining third are the malakes who keep that system going in the hope to become public sector employees someday.

Guest eyoismos

Well, they are now.

One third of Greeks are public sector Employees and another third are public sector pensioneers. The remaining third are the malakes who keep that system going in the hope to become public sector employees someday.

assumption or fact ?

gv-21-02.gif

Source: International Labour Organization

Oh boy!

Stupid me.

Is not one third but one fifth. So its all good then. We must be far better off than Norway Denmark or Sweden.

Which makes me wonder why aren't their leaders on panhandling tour?

Guest eyoismos

sadly no ... NOT good

for example ... take a simple street cleaner ... he has basically a broom and a shovel ...but those in more affluent europe have a machine they ride

its about efficiency and productivity

give those to the greek street cleaner and i bet we would need a shit load less of them in comparison with the rest of europe

on the other hand ... the fucking retards back home that perpetually destroy just about everything on the streets would probably keep them just as busy . so maybe not

ultimately the fault lies in the geniuses we regularly vote for ...stupidly ... but we are learning .... maybe

on the other hand ...remind me again how much conflict Norway Denmark or Sweden have had in the past century or so

or maybe they did the right thing for example in ww2 and simply surrendered. i mean

Lasting approximately six hours, the German ground campaign against Denmark was the briefest operation of the Second World War

The exact opposite is the case. The Greeks employ 3 street cleaning trucks where European cities employ only1. And they still manage to do only half the work of their European counterparts with 3 times the equipment.

Reason being: Most of the time those three trucks are out of service because someone "borrowed" the oil or the fuel or the caskets or the tires to fix his cousins or brother in laws truck. For a small fee of course. Since the trucks belong to the public they are there for the taking. That's the Greek mentality.

Guest PatrickT

What is this supposed to be? Insulting germany won´t help greece out of its debt crisis. I see no poverty in greece. Actually its people still have a higher living standard than the baltics, romania and bulgaria. But i only see the greeks crying around. 

She wants a hug? She can get one. But no money. This video is a like a drug addict who demands more of his drug because he suffers in rehab. The old greece is dead and this system can not work any longer. Greece is unable to reform itself. There is no other option to austerity 

I´m aware that it is painful but thats the way things are. In germany we had a reunion in 1989/1990. In east germany millions lost their job.It took more than 15 years for the east to get better and we demand nothing from the greeks that we did not carry ourself. 

She makes baseless "hitler-insults" against germany and claims Europe helped us back on our feet. Well our women back then did not make fancy videos. They did work hard to feed their children and rebuild our nation. 

Sorry but my sympathy is even lower now for them. 

Sorry but my sympathy is even lower now for them. 

That's how everyone who sees that video would feel.

Guest eyoismos

She makes baseless "hitler-insults" against germany

damn! you really are full of shit, arent you??? reverse godwin law anybody?

seriously ....you seem to see scorpians under every rock

been hitting the drugs again... i mean there's no other explanation to see ghosts where there are none .... the only ghosts that haunt you is in your own mind

please oh please tell me where those "hitler-insults" are ? if anything shows admiration for germany's capability to bounce back from her deadly past and become what it is

i am talking to you

resilient, productive

strong, proud, deceived german

you, who keep on catering with solidarity

for a mechanism that deprives

all hope for some fair reciprocation

you who experienced a dead end

and bounced back 60 years ago

you, who, with all others nations solidarity

reconstructed the most powerful economy in our union

our tree trunk

the one we all held standing

despite your ancestors mistakes

who killed ancestors of mine

and were defeated

due to a form of vanity and greed

we never again deserve to experience

because it will always lead to the death of others

we are bound together

because none of us will survive apart

i swear .... its as if some deep in the psyche guilt is lashing out blindly

in other words "hitler-insults" MY ASS !!!!!

Guest PatrickT

The text is an absolut insult against germany and full of shit. Let me tell you why.

She starts nice and calls us proud, strong, resilient and productive...its just the nice words at the beginning and then switching into poison.

That she calls us deceived is just idiotic but i let that slip under the rug.

She claims that our nation bounced back "with all other nations solidarity"...nothing can be further from the truth. The others did evrything to hold us down. 

Our nation got divided into two parts. The eastern part suffered 50 years under communist dictatorship and got robbed its entire industrial base. When people went on the streets and the communist regime felt our "european friends" did evrything to prevent the reunion. The french and UK did evrything to sabotage the reunion. The only support we got was from USA. 

France and UK demanded from germany that we accept the €. They saw it as weapon to keep germany weak. They miscalculated.The € was planend to be the chain that holds germany down. But it became our weapon as we ripped ourself free. 

She then claims entire EU holds our economy standing...yeah...that we have a powerful industrial sector, top educated employee and the highest standard in science and technology counts nothing i guess. 

Then comes the best part:

"despite your ancestors mistakes

who killed ancestors of mine"

My ancestors mistakes? My parents and grandparents did not kill any of her ancestors. If she plans to play with some collective guilt, she should give up or face the "blowback". Its notworking anymore. Nobody in germany feels guilty for something that happened long before he was born. The syriza regime tried to blow that horn and got a kick in the ass from germany. 

Why does she bring that up for germany? Last time i checked italy attacked greece first and germany intervened later. Go and tell the italians, because in germany nobody cares.

But if she likes the blame game we can play it. I´m sure many of the soldiers from the ottoman empire that attacked Vienna were greeks. German and polish troops defeated them. So i guess some greeks ancestors killed ancestors of me.

So despite the greek ancestors mistakes we are nice and hold greece alive today. 

As i said, she blames others for her own failures, begs for free money and that others act as her sugar daddy. She should stop making fancy videos and go get a job. We have free work all over europe. She can start working in germany or help rebuild her nation. 

Guest eyoismos

yup  ...partially delusional .... based on half truth and half not so much

eg ... uk ...we wont talk about ... they have always been on their own planet

france? maybe .... yes hey wanted germany in the eu, the later being cautious, understandably ...but as soon as the promise of support for unification, germany came in. .... or was the blackmail the other way round ???? who knows

"They saw it as weapon to keep germany weak" .... ghost hunting perhaps ? conspiracy theory? again who knows

but almost right from the word go ...yes the american i agree ... "as long as German industrial capacity was kept idle the economic recovery of Europe was delayed."

"She then claims entire EU holds our economy standing" so... what you saying is that the whole of europe didnt buy german products? right? stupid me and "her" ...we wont even go into very dicey "business ethics" of so many businesses .... including the highly suspect tax breaks to them for corruption "needs" ... until 1999

"My ancestors mistakes? My parents and grandparents did not kill any of her ancestors."

so tell me how many germans were not active participants in those trying times? ... it was a generality and a general truth referring to the whole of germany, and not to you specifically ...and yes i know that there were many within germany that were opposed .... and most participated because they had not choice ... so no need to get all lets call it defensive ...its a reality.. a very sad and tragic reality

"I´m sure many of the soldiers from the ottoman empire that attacked Vienna were greeks"

sucking desperately at straws

"go get a job. We have free work all over europe"

how noble and condescending of you with your easy holier than though solutions... "she" cant get a fucking hob... and thats the fucking problem

and all "she" is asking is to be given a chance

my suggestion ,. you ... patrick ... get a life and a heart

and stop with the bull ... we of greece (relatively speaking ...for i, personally,  am born and bred in africa  as a result of those trying times) have had it up to our necks from our own leaders, amongst others,  we dont need even more from outside. we are drowning already in horseshit and misinformation

Guest eyoismos

for the record ... it is this attitude that has got my goat and i have removed anything and everything that said made in germany from my possession. merc: out, bosch tools: out, miele washing machine: out, siemens computer: out, ...... hell even my electric plugs for wall sockets, if they said made in germany : OUT

and most in fact i didnt even try to resell ... i mean trashed ...and everything has been replaced

even have gone as far as all the german organizations in this part of the world , gtz, gds, etc and even german businesses that are owned by germans ... i no longer do business with them or care to deal with them

and i am in africa ... and funny enough ... most greeks here seem to gone the same route (irrespective if it was intentional or they found or preferred other products) .... and we are a fucking piss-willy size community of maybe 200 total

now imagine if the rest of the diaspora did the same....

imagine if those in Greece did the same .... if they could without german blackmail as they have done so often before

hell....imagine if the rest of the disenchanted south europe did the same ....

imagine what would happen then with your sanctimonious attitude

my suggestion .... when you go in august to greece .... lose that attitude or hide it well

I'm sure that when he goes to Greece in August he will not only lose this attitude but he will also fall in love with the people and the country and he'll eventually change his tune.  :) 

As a Canadian (not Greek-Canadian, just Canadian...) friend told me once: "Going to Greece is not just the fulfilment of a dream vacation. Once you visit you realize that you belong there. It's like going back home".

Guest PatrickT

You are free to use the products you want. But thats not a oneway street. We also can ban all greek products and not travel there anymore. I wonder who is hit harder. I also wonder why you seek conflict with germany.

So much about "friends and partners".

Yes she can find a job. If she is qualified she can go to germany and find easily a job here.

If greeks believe that sad videos and melancholic words melt our hearts, then they are dead wrong. They achieve the direct oppossite. such videos make our hearts like antarctica.

We want see efforts, hard work and reforms. Then we help. 

Guest PatrickT

I'm sure that when he goes to Greece in August he will not only lose this attitude but he will also fall in love with the people and the country and he'll eventually change his tune.  :)

As a Canadian (not Greek-Canadian, just Canadian...) friend told me once: "Going to Greece is not just the fulfilment of a dream vacation. Once you visit you realize that you belong there. It's like going back home".

Look...this is nothing against the country or people. I already visited Olympia in 2013 and i loved it...

Greece is popular in germany. Many make holiday there. Our nations are friends (at least i think so). But current events are not going well. All the insults lead too nothing. And honestly we reached a state so low that i don´t know how we can go out of this.

Germans and Greeks have one thing in common. We seem to be pretty thick headed and stubborn.

Syriza simply lost the right moment to shut up. After they took office there were voices in germany who said we could soften up austerity a bit. Merkel was one of them. But in greece the radicals did not listen and started a fullscale attack against the EU and germany itself. we primitive insults, reparation demands for WW II and other nonsense. Varoufarkis acting like an absolute moron and idiot did not help either. 

My guess nobody in the current greek government has knowledge about german culture.

This is not about money. The greek debt is peanuts for us. This is a principal thing for us. 

And because of that i believe it is hard for germany and greece to even debate this rational anymore. Maybe we need a 3rd party that is neutral

Guest eyoismos

Yes she can find a job.

your nativity and simplicity in thought constantly flabbergasts me

and how does "she" get there? how does she survive while looking for a job? etc etc etc

and what if "she" is not qualified, whatever the hell that means?

Gastarbeiter ? we already know that is used in a derogatory manner by most

and lets not forget, at least according to spiegel, in recent years only one in two Greeks remained in Germany for longer than one year, and only one in three Spaniards. in fact many immigrants to Germany, irrespective of nationality, european or not, don't survive the first year and book out

i wonder why

one possibility ....

"An important factor affecting the possibility of assimilation is the nature of identity of the host society. To become an American requires a change of political allegiance, and American society has a long history of facilitating this change. To become a Frenchman or a German requires a change of ethnic identity. This is obviously more difficult both for the immigrant and for the host societies............."

Bernard Lewis

We want see efforts, hard work and reforms

again with the dickbrained bild-speak - time to change your reading material

(no objection for the 1st and last .... most greeks have been "crying" for that for eons)

This is not about money

god do you know how to talk bull

of course its about money. it always was and always will

Then we help.

hmmmmmmm ???? we shall see

Guest eyoismos

Our nations are friends

yeah right

if anything i would be inclined to believe that individuals as a whole from both countries are inclined to be more friendly with each other , than with others .... nations? not so much

Germans and Greeks have one thing in common. We seem to be pretty thick headed and stubborn.

for bloody sure - no doubt about it

My guess nobody in the current greek government has knowledge about german culture.

probably right - from my understanding most have done all of their studies only inside the country, so internationally probably all rawhide

Maybe we need a 3rd party that is neutral

now THAT makes sense .... that way both sides can get a verbal and reputational pimp-slap when they go all moron with each other

one last thing

I also wonder why you seek conflict with germany

nope dont seek at all

BUT

remind me again who started the war of insults against each other? remind me again who hold onto the typecast of needing to work hard for "we" are being lazy? remind me again ....

fuck that i couldnt be bothered anymore. i prefer to go to the supermarket and buy greek products even if they are more expensive than from other places in the world, buy anything else but german...usually cheaper.... ignore business if germans are involved ..... all in all anything whatsoever to do with germany ...until this wicked mindset and attitude that seems to prevail so often changes ..... and yes ...kudos to our "leader" (which i say with massive and disgusted smirk on my face) going to russia and see if he can get the ban of greek produce by them be lifted ...which would offset any threats by germans like yourself that suggests that germany ban greek agricultural products - and no we are not stupid and naive to think that the ruskies are going to help bail us out

like "she" said ....we need each other ..... and its best for both to wake up to that fact ...for in the end, call it stupidity, call it what you want, ....in the end ..... both will lose

Guest PatrickT

We don't need greece. The entire greek ecomomy is smaller than the economy of the city Stuttgart. Russia is as bancrupt as greece. So move on and go there and keep in mind that this would mean a ban on greek products within the EU.