Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Dino

Still love Greece and Greeks

This forum has gotten too negative, but I understand how things got this way.

For my part, I realize that Greece needs change, specifically Greeks in Greece need to start respecting the laws even the ones they disagree with (paying taxes), they need to stop supporting corruption (businesses that don't pay taxes and break the laws), getting a free meal is fun, but not if it is by cheating... I doled out all kinds of criticisms when all the shit hit the fan in 2009 and 2010 , but we all know what needs to be done now, just hope the Greeks do what they have to.

However, Greek people have some of the best hearts and minds, while I can create a large list of criticisms, I can also appreciate the Greek spirit, culture, food, history, music, philoxenia, philotimo, ...

I still love Greece and Greeks, filing for bankruptcy, and financial mistakes wont do that! Only if they lost their human spirit would change that, an election of GD could send me over the edge, but not a financial disaster.

Επεξεργάστηκε από Dino
Last setence typo, changed and to an

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

what the hell are you on about ?

if anything we have all pretty much criticized, bitched and complained about greece and the goings on there ,often harshly, even bitterly

its because we DO care and love greece, .... and NOT because we hide behind our little finger from the reality

please explain yourself

Ajax there is nothing wrong with my reality. Yours needs checking, you tend to see things as black and white, you live in a world of fear and anger. Reality lives between extremes. 

Going back to Greece I am very aware of the reality, change is needed, and things are really bad. However I do not want to see the death/destruction of Greece, I am not a believer that a rebirth will necessary bring Greece back stronger and healthier. 

This is exactly it. There's no perfect place (or country) anywhere in the world. Greece has a very ugly side (when it comes to government related services mainly...) but it also has a wonderful side as well. 

For my part, I love most of the people I associate with when I visit Greece. Friends, relatives or random people I meet in the streets. Most of them are great human beings and I love spending time with them. Most of all I love the land. I've visited many wonderful places in my lifetime (so far...), and I've lived in a few places outside Greece, but no matter where I've been Greece is always in my heart and it always feels like home whenever I visit. I don't think this will ever change.

Sure, the Greece I knew as a child and teenager has changed, so what? It's still beautiful for what it is. The feeling I get when I sit down in some coffee place in Greece, grab a cup of coffee and look at the sea is priceless. I've done the same in the most wonderful places, like Hawaii for example, but it just doesn't feel the same. Even my wife, who's not Greek, says the same thing. No matter where we've been, in the most wonderful places, nowhere feels like Greece. There's something in this land which makes it so much sweeter being there. 

Επισκέπτης

Ajax there is nothing wrong with my reality. Yours needs checking, you tend to see things as black and white, you live in a world of fear and anger. Reality lives between extremes. 

Going back to Greece I am very aware of the reality, change is needed, and things are really bad. However I do not want to see the death/destruction of Greece, I am not a believer that a rebirth will necessary bring Greece back stronger and healthier.

Fear and Anger?

Bullshit. But you lack objectivity. That much is clear. All your idiotic posts about "The Greeks Genious" prove that much.

The only thing that Genious has produced is Greek statistics. Just face it Greeks are "Order Takers" who lack the capacity to be creative. But the best part in your post was the mention of that infamous "Filotimo".

Well buddy, go visit a mental institution in Greece or a facility for handicapped and you'll see how far that filotimo goes.

I pretty sure evryone loves his home. Let me show mine and i can tell you i feel exactly same about germany.

Absolutely. Most people love the place they were born and raised. That's a given.

What makes Greece special is that many people who were not born and raised in Greece develop a special and close connection to her. 

Fear and Anger?

Bullshit. But you lack objectivity. That much is clear. All your idiotic posts about "The Greeks Genious" prove that much.

The only thing that Genious has produced is Greek statistics. Just face it Greeks are "Order Takers" who lack the capacity to be creative. But the best part in your post was the mention of that infamous "Filotimo".

Well buddy, go visit a mental institution in Greece or a facility for handicapped and you'll see how far that filotimo goes.

No need for personal attacks ajax.

I never liked generalization of any kind, be it positive or negative. As you can't say that all Greeks posses what we call "filotimo" the same way you can't say that all Greeks are "order takers" (whatever this means...).

In fact, if anything - and maybe this is what has brought Greece to this situation today - is that Greeks, in general, are not order takers. We're individualists to a fault. Which means that more often than not we do not follow orders, even if those orders are to our benefit. To me this is a negative trait we have as a people. Our individualism and love for (what we perceive as) individual freedom leads many Greeks do all those things that are wrong with the Greek society today (ex. parking illegally wherever we want, throw garbage anywhere we want, disregard of our fellow citizen rights as long as our rights are served etc.).

Guest eyoismos

Admin,

Thanks for clarifying that. Greeks are the Best. Got it.

proof positive that you are probably our resident troll's kissing cousin or something.... read what you want to read, interpret what you want to interpret...and distort everything you can get your hands on

absolute brilliant of you

:P

Guest daman

i just want to say that the greeks overall on twitter are nothing like these conversations that go on..on this forum among this small group of people (still not sure who is actually greek here)

I think its cause so much of the active topics on this board are political. but basically we look ridiculous here 

You-Have-To-Stop-Lady-Gaga-Gif.gif

Guest eyoismos

eyo,

you guys are all a bunch of Greek apologists and that's fine. You go on telling yourselves how "Great" you are. I'll be joining the rest of humanity and laughing my ass off. Good luck!

τώρα απλά επιβεβαιώνεις αυτά που είπα προηγουμένος

άσε που σε ρώτησα

what the hell are you on about ?

if anything we have all pretty much criticized, bitched and complained about greece and the goings on there ,often harshly, even bitterly

its because we DO care and love greece, .... and NOT because we hide behind our little finger from the reality

please explain yourself

και απάντηση γιόκ ... μόνο αστηριχτές κατηγορίες , παρερμηνείες και κατι άλλα κουφά

περιττά τα περισσότερα λόγια

Guest eyoismos

i just want to say that the greeks overall on twitter are nothing like these conversations that go on..on this forum among this small group of people (still not sure who is actually greek here)

I think its cause so much of the active topics on this board are political. but basically we look ridiculous here 

You-Have-To-Stop-Lady-Gaga-Gif.gif

να καθόμαστε και να τρώμε προφορικές και ιδεολογικές καρπαζιές σα καλά στρατιωτάκια ...αυτό θέλεις να πείς, έτσι ;

;) :)

αλήθεια όμως ... εκείνο το "the greeks overall on twitter " .. για δώσε μας και παραδείγματα για να καταλάβουμε και εμείς για τι πράγμα λες ...έτσι ώστε να είμαστε και εμείς στην ίδια σελίδα αναφοράς και να καταλάβουμε από πού έρχεσαι και που το πηγαίνεις

Guest daman

να καθόμαστε και να τρώμε προφορικές και ιδεολογικές καρπαζιές σα καλά στρατιωτάκια ...αυτό θέλεις να πείς, έτσι ;

;) :)

αλήθεια όμως ... εκείνο το "the greeks overall on twitter " .. για δώσε μας και παραδείγματα για να καταλάβουμε και εμείς για τι πράγμα λες ...έτσι ώστε να είμαστε και εμείς στην ίδια σελίδα αναφοράς και να καταλάβουμε από πού έρχεσαι και που το πηγαίνεις

I have google translate.. you sir dont scare me

This forum has gotten too negative, but I understand how things got this way.

For my part, I realize that Greece needs change, specifically Greeks in Greece need to start respecting the laws even the ones they disagree with (paying taxes), they need to stop supporting corruption (businesses that don't pay taxes and break the laws), getting a free meal is fun, but not if it is by cheating... I doled out all kinds of criticisms when all the shit hit the fan in 2009 and 2010 , but we all know what needs to be done now, just hope the Greeks do what they have to.

However, Greek people have some of the best hearts and minds, while I can create a large list of criticisms, I can also appreciate the Greek spirit, culture, food, history, music, philoxenia, philotimo, ...

I still love Greece and Greeks, filing for bankruptcy, and financial mistakes wont do that! Only if they lost their human spirit would change that, an election of GD could send me over the edge, but not a financial disaster.

Ajax what I said about you is correct, your fear and anger makes you see things as black and white, look at my original post I have criticisms in red, and praise in blue, I see the whole picture, you see just the bad about Greece. I am not trying to insult you, I am just stating the facts based on your posts over the past 1-2 years, they are full of insults towards Greece, with little else.

Guest eyoismos

Ένας Έλληνας πεθαίνει και φτάνει στη ρεσεψιόν της Κόλασης και ο υπάλληλος του ανακοινώνει ότι επειδή είναι υπήκοος χώρας μέλους της Ευρωπαϊκής Ένωσης, μπορεί να διαλέξει μία από τις κολάσεις των χωρών-μελών.

Σκέφτεται λίγο και αποφασίζει να πάει στη Γερμανική.

Οργανωμένη χώρα σου λέει, τόσα χρόνια στην Ελλάδα τι κατάλαβα, μου βγάλανε το λάδι. Τουλάχιστον, ας πάρω μυρωδιά του τι σημαίνει Ευρώπη, έστω και στην κόλαση.

Φτάνει λοιπόν μπροστά στην πύλη της γερμανικής κολάσεως. Μαύρο μάρμαρο, καλογυαλισμένο, σιδερένια πύλη και ψηλά γράφει με μεγάλα γράμματα ΚΟΛΑΣΗ στα γερμανικά. Χτυπάει.... Του ανοίγει ένας άψογα ντυμένος υπάλληλος και τον ρωτά τι θέλει.

- Να δω, του απαντά εκείνος πώς είναι.

- Ούτε να το σκέφτεστε, του απαντά ο υπάλληλος! Όλη την ημέρα μας δέρνουνε με κάτι τεράστια μαστίγια και το βράδυ μας βάζουν σε κάτι τεράστια βαρέλια γεμάτα σκατά!! Φρίκη! Φρίκη!

Όπου φύγει-φύγει ο ρωμιός...... Δοκιμάζει τις υπόλοιπες κολάσεις, τα ίδια. Έτσι, απογοητευμένος, καταφεύγει στην έσχατη λύση, την ελληνική κόλαση!

Φτάνει λοιπόν έξω από την πύλη. Μία πύλη εγκαταλειμμένη, βρώμικη όπου στο ψηλότερο σημείο της υπάρχει με μεγάλα φωσφορίζοντα γράμματα η λέξη ΚΟΛΑΣΗ. Το Κ και το Λ φυσικά δεν ανάβουν. Έτσι η επιγραφή γράφει -Ο-ΑΣΗ.

- Ελληνική ανοργανωσιά....μουρμουρίζει.

Όσο πλησιάζει, ακούει κάτι περίεργους θορύβους..Μοιάζουν με μουσική.

Πλησιάζει περισσότερο. Η μουσική πλέον ακούγεται ολοκάθαρα. Μπουζούκια, μπαγλαμάδες κλπ.

Χτυπάει... Του ανοίγει ένας τύπος κρατώντας μία μπουκάλα στο χέρι εντελώς φέσι και τον ρωτά τι θέλει.

- Ήρθα να δω πώς είναι του λέει και βάζει το κεφάλι του μέσα...

Τραπέζια, κάπνα, κάτι γκόμενες χορεύουν πάνω στα τραπέζια τσιφτετέλια, νταούλια... Γενικώς, μπάχαλο.

Τρελαίνεται ο τύπος....

- Ήρθα να ρίξω μια ματιά εδώ, λεει ο τύπος. Να δω και πώς είναι η ελληνική Κόλαση.

- Aσε φίλε! Χάλια! του λέει ο μεθυσμένος. Η κατάσταση είναι δραματική εδώ πέρα. Μας δέρνουν όλη μέρα με κάτι τεράστια μαστίγια και το βράδυ μας βάζουν σε κάτι τεράστια βαρέλια με σκατά.

- Πλάκα μου κάνεις, ρωτά ο πεθαμένος. Εδώ πίνετε και γλεντάτε......

- Εεε, ξέρεις πώς είναι εδώ στην Ελλάδα. Τη μία δεν έχουμε σκατά, την άλλη χαλάνε τα μαστίγια......

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed