Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Dino

Apple Could Make Money by Bailing Out Greece

Guest eyoismos

not so wild an idea.

i spoke sspoke some time in the past about ireland , amoungst others, and its "beneficial" tax system for corporates, and raised the idea of greece offering even better and more competitive tax breaks to international corporates as a way to "weed" big international businesses away from the likes of ireland etc and coming under our wing. the idea as, a) to bring more money out of thin air, but more important , lets call it certain technological benefits, at least limited ones ...initially .....  that theoretically at least should or would perhaps crop up

but what the fuck do i know ... i am just a little simpleton stuck in the middle of africa who, becasue i am in africa, cant think outside the box

:P 

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

I would gladly work from some beach in Kos  :)

Anyone interested to partner up?

Problem is that starting a business in Greece and jumping through all the hoops and red tape makes ideas like this a dream.

Guest eyoismos

uhm .... remind me again when greece EVER helped anybody create businesses, ?

some time back...there was an article in one of the greek newspapers, and quite a long one, at that .... about this architect, who wanted to start his own buisiness .... and it took him about 6 months, if my memory services me right

i mean for fucks sake ... what does a qualified architect need in a business .... a room, a draftsman's board and accessories, some electricity and other utilities, a computer....and a whole lot of imagination

what does greece demand to give him this right? ....heaven and earth comes to mind

Επισκέπτης

While I have some basic financial understanding, I am no investment or tax expert. But as far fetched as this is, it is an interesting idea, and one thing the writer is not aware of, is the quality IT workforce in Greece.

which Greece are you talking about?

Greece is an IT waste land. Shit load of people with diplomas but the competent ones go abroad. Trust me on that one. I outsource around 100K worth of IT projects every year. I had no problem finding great people in Romania, Bulgaria, Moldavia, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey. Greece was, two guys aside, a complete disaster. Competent and reliable people are almost imposible to find back home.

Guest eyoismos

only because all of them have got pissed off and booked out to better pastures, and left behind so much riff-raff kissing up to political parties for a little θεσούλα

brain drain in greece has now reached astronomical levels

but lets be real ...who can blame them

Επισκέπτης

there never was much brain to drain in Greece.

That's not because Greeks are dumb or anything. The reason is the educational methodology followed by Greek Universities. Especialy in the tech fields. The are some decent schools in other fields but tech sucks big time.

Education institutions may not be doing a stellar job, but there are many smart kids in Greece who are excelling based on their hard work and abilities.

I knew many of them growing up, and I'm sure that there are still plenty of smart kids in Greece right now who would be able to grab any good opportunities which would come their way.

The only problem I'm seeing is that during the last 20 years or so most educated Greeks have become quite lazy. The minute someone gets an education they think that they don't need to try hard anymore. They think that they'll have everything handed to them just because they now hold a useless piece of paper saying that they're educated. They almost feel that they're entitled to a lifetime of laziness since they now have a degree.

Moreover, since most young people in Greece can now get a higher education one way or another (private universities, studying abroad etc.) the number of people with degrees has skyrocketed. I've talked to some of these people in the past and their standards seem to be set quite high as compared to what the bring to the table. They all want what they call an "office job", a pretty high starting salary accompanied by full benefits, pension etc. Worse yet, parents encourage and reinforce this behaviour saying things like "my child spent 4 years in university and got this degree, they're not going to work for peanuts. I'd rather if they stay home and I provide for them." So of course since no company is going to offer those "educated" morons the high salaries they're expecting they just do nothing and hang out at home, and continue mooch off their parents.

It's a sick situation, unfortunately encouraged by parents/grandparents.  

I work for a company with 20,000 employees, about 30-40% of the Greeks that I have met, and have in the past organized lunches for in my company, work in IT, and have done very well. Many of them emigrated here, so I know the talent exists.

Επισκέπτης

admin:

The only problem I'm seeing is that during the last 20 years or so most educated Greeks have become quite lazy. The minute someone gets an education they think that they don't need to try hard anymore. They think that they'll have everything handed to them just because they now hold a useless piece of paper saying that they're educated. They almost feel that they're entitled to a lifetime of laziness since they now have a degree.

Exactly.

That's the έφαγα την ζωή μου στα θρανία pradigm.

Guest eyoismos

in one way i can see that one can interpret this as lazy, not that i deny some did....especially if that managed to score a cushy job in the public sector ...and i repeat SOME , but mostly, i get the impression, was not about being lazy, but rather frustrated and annoyed and all the rest about working in a job "beneath their accomplishments" ... and would gladly, probably, be up to the task if given jobs they deemed worthy of them...certainly not lazy. stupid, yes most likely, as in the hard facts of life, but certainly NOT lazy.

and i offer an example, one of many, the case of greek doctors without borders here in zambia, some years ago, when i still had regular contact with them, before they reallocated to another town , closer to the so called "action", and i sometimes saw guys (and dolls) with lets call them major qualifications, doing bookkeeper, for example, jobs, and getting out in the field, doing what i suppose was field and admin work (obviously not medical in nature) etc etc, and all of them had a certain bitterness about being forced to do what they had to do, but long they did, as they had no choice

and then there is the situation of another, and again but an example,who i encountered on another forum, qualified electriconic/electrical engineer (not sure which) ... and this was some time back ... who was forced to do all sorts of odd jobs , and i mean all kinds, not only to survive, but to help out his old man, who was battling to make ends meet , in the village with his lets call it farm

actually the later example ...it was quite amusing .... when in university he was all about the communist party - and we are talking srious participation - , (which has/had a serious grip in the greek educational system) .... then he admitted , somewhat reluctantly, i suspect with some partial bitterness ,,,,, his words .... fuck them all

i will never forget that one .... absolute priceless decision on his behalf

basically your assessment , i reckon, is way of target, overall

again though... i have absolutely no doubt that quite a select few did and do hang about mooching off everybody

but certainly that is NOT the rule ...not even by a long shot

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed