Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

anti german hate in greece hits unknown levels

Guest PatrickT

I was in Athens in the last 3 days and i found the state of the nation amazing. I was there as a sherpa for Bundesbank officials and helped for a presenation and meetings. In my freetime i was able to walk around in Athens and look around. It is crazy how much anti german hate the greek regime (i denie to call those idiots governments, because they govern nothing) pushs into the public. At the subway station were huge flat screens that showed old black-white movies from 1971 of advancing german troops and a speech with english subtitles. 

I seriously wonder how deep the greeks plan to fall. 

If we look back:

- greek defense minister announced that we want support terrorism in Berlin

- the laughable reparation claim

- the laughable hate speeches against germany, its government, culture and people

- the insult against german culture

Some german politicians call for a greek boycott and tourism as well as greek agriculture products in germany already fall on a dead low. People by more expensive vegetable even when greek one is cheaper.

I personally did not support such things, i believed the normal people should not be punished for their retarded government. But i question my opinion now. What i saw there is general hate against germans and i came to the conclusion, that they voted this regime into power and so they are responsible for their actions. 

The country i saw is rotten to its core. Its not a real country nor is it a real culture. I would not even call it a real society. There is no hope that any reform can happen there. What i saw was a failed middle eastern state. Nothing there was european in any way. 

To be honest i did meet some people i could respect. Our secretary for example was very ashamed about all this. We also had the chance to talk to an elderly professor who is retired now. He said that austerity should be even harder. Greece must collapse completly to be saved. He said the current state has no culture in any way. Its an anarcho cleptocracy that runs on the last steam. That the country needs to be europeanizised and an technocratic troika for at least the next 10 years. 

We went home with a short stop in rome and it was good in italy. You could really feel to be back in a civilized nation.

Sorry but what i saw in greece was way below my expectations. I´m still wondering if they are serious or if it is just because they are at their end. 

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Επισκέπτης

Well Patrick,

I just got of the Phone with my Mum who is currently in Thessaloniki. She had nothing good to report either.

Greece is a brothel and many Greeks, if not most, are painfully aware of it. But those are the people who are busy

trying to make ends meet and dig their way out of the mess. They don't have the time to obses with Politics.

The later is now the exclusive domain of good for nothing dumbasses.

I guess the only thing left to do in that matter is to put our "faith" in a higher power.

[image-844493-galleryV9-tvlj.jpg

Guest PatrickT

Thats what i thought. My problem is that they voted those into power. Greece has elections. By voting Syriza, greekes went retarded. People should realize who they need. At the current state the greek nation is nothing more than a german hobby. And thats the reality many there seem not to realize. When Syriza made the plan to piss off germany at all cost they should have plan B in their pockets, but they have not. Putin kicked them out. China is not interested either. 

Before their charade they always had the joker in their hand, that they could go to russia. They lost this joker now. Putin made clear that he would not alienate germany for greece. There might be a dispute between germany and russia over the crimea, but Putin knows that he can thank chancellor Merkel, because of her intervention we don´t have american weapons in ukraine. 

Syriza achieved that greece is now totally isolated. The russian card is burned. The eastern european nations hate greece for its betrayal. The souther european nations like italy and spain look down at greece with disgust. 

So what Syriza achieved is, that greece is not nothing more than a german hobby and protectorate. I state that i personal dislike.

P.s.: One positive aspect was the food. I loved the wine leafs with rice. If someone knows how those are made please tell me. It did taste super good and i dont know why. Rice normally is tasteless and wine leafes taste sour. So how are those made? 

P.s.: One positive aspect was the food. I loved the wine leafs with rice. If someone knows how those are made please tell me. It did taste super good and i dont know why. Rice normally is tasteless and wine leafes taste sour. So how are those made? 

http://www.hellenism.net/greek-forum/index.php/topic/955-dolmades-vinegrape-leaves-stuffed-with-rice/

Επισκέπτης

Thats what i thought. My problem is that they voted those into power. Greece has elections. By voting Syriza, greekes went retarded. People should realize who they need. At the current state the greek nation is nothing more than a german hobby. And thats the reality many there seem not to realize. When Syriza made the plan to piss off germany at all cost they should have plan B in their pockets, but they have not. Putin kicked them out. China is not interested either. 

Before their charade they always had the joker in their hand, that they could go to russia. They lost this joker now. Putin made clear that he would not alienate germany for greece. There might be a dispute between germany and russia over the crimea, but Putin knows that he can thank chancellor Merkel, because of her intervention we don´t have american weapons in ukraine. 

Syriza achieved that greece is now totally isolated. The russian card is burned. The eastern european nations hate greece for its betrayal. The souther european nations like italy and spain look down at greece with disgust. 

So what Syriza achieved is, that greece is not nothing more than a german hobby and protectorate. I state that i personal dislike.

Patrick,

you don't need a majority of the popular vote to govern in Greece. We have an electoral system that gives a 50 (out of 300) seat bonus to the leading party, even if she leads only by a single vote. As a result it takes about 37% of the popular vote to govern the place.

At the last election voter turn out was at 63.6% deduct from that 2.4% blanks and you are left with 61.2%. Of that 36.4% went to Syriza. That amounts to 22.3% of all eligible voters. Meaning: less than ONE QUARTER of Greek voters did actually vote for Syriza and that was enough to earn them half the seats (149/300) in Parliament.

The by far greatest Political force in Greece are the NON VOTERS who constitute close to 39% of the elegible population. Why do you think those people chose to stay away in a critical time such us this?

It is because they have no faith in Greeces rotten political system, at least that's what I hear from people I know. The country can not be reformed anymore. And taking it apart to rebuild it from scratch wont produce anything even remotely presentable either.

Greece has failed culturaly, socialy and economicaly long time ago. She lasted only because her existence was in the geo-political interest of the one or the other western power. And Greece will continue her marginal existence for as long as this is the case. For how long remains to be seen.

PS:

Next time you go to Greece try some grilled squid. It is sublime!

aArLP1L_700b.jpg

Guest PatrickT

I wasn´t aware of the greek electoral system. Its just sad to see a nation going down like this. As i said i did meet people who impressed me. Our secretary there for example, the waiter in the restaurant.

P.s.: thanks for the receipt! As for the squid, idk. I love sea food. But all squid i ate usually tastes like rubber. It is propably different when you eat it over there

Guest daman

want to add a tiny something.... not only are the Greeks in GREECE having a hard time, it's spreading to greeks around the world too. We have a "reputation" now and employers dont want to hire us. They think we're lazy and erratic to say the least.

If Greeks were working over there it wold change everything. but I dont think they are.

I had an idea tho. You know that Chios Mastic GUM they have. We'll it is suppost to be great for you but taste terrible. The only people who like it are the greeks. So I was thinking.. what about mixing the chios mastic gum with mint... then it would be chios "Mastic-Mint"

It has all the great taste of Mint gum AND all the health benefits of the Mastic!!! It can be the next greek yorgurt in terms of export.

but as for the german thing... I think the old saying "you catch for flies with honey than you do with vinegar" thing should be a tactic they should utilize.  

Guest daman

What i think is most funny is that all their funn little hate is directed towards germany. I saw nothing against italy. Which makes it even more laughable. 

they are not communist...they do not put out hate propaganda campaigns and if you think you saw people getting freaky in Thessaloniki then you were in the wrong neighborhoods cruising lol 

Επισκέπτης

Generalizations are never accourate.

I lived for about 30 years in Germany and I have seen all of its aspects. And trust me I have seen bigotry and stupidity there too. Should I say all Germans are Teuton bigot boneheads? That wouldn't be fair towards all those great people I met there. I made friends for life in Germany and my best friends to this day are still the ones I met in Germany. I received a first class education from German Universities, love German culture had lots of fun there. And I still visit often and feel at home in Munich.

My mother receives her pension from Germany and has her primary residence in Germany even though she spends most of her time in Greece. And a third of the pensioneers in our neighborhood in Thessaloniki do the same. You wont hear a bad word about Germany from them. They see it as their safe haven. Many People of my generation studied or learned a trade in Germany. Many of the younger generation are mixed Greek-Germans and trust me when I say they don't feel any hate for Germany and the Germans either. To the contrary, when I talk with people about the current crisis I often hear: Why can't this place be more like Germany? We wouldn't be in that mess if that were the case.

There are of course more than enough idiots in Greece but frankly, I've lived and worked in 6 countries and haven't seen one country so far where the idiots are clearly in the minority. Successfull countries though have the institutions in place that prevent the idiots fro running the show. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case in Greece.

Hey Ajax I heard that Texas is getting invaded by our my government's special forces :D We are coming to take your guns away, and convert you all to the Muslim religion. While we are at it we will steal all your barbecue, lol . Yes there are smart people, and idiots in every country, just like there are good people and bad people in every country.

Patrick as I said in past posts, Greece needed lots of change, I argued with plenty of leftists (left of me) here back in 2009 and 2010. The Greek political system, culture, .... needed changes. Some of those changes were made, some in small dosages, some noticeable, and many more changes are needed.

However, the austerity only solution has not worked, it failed. Germany and Germans have been the strongest (not only ones) to demand Greece take strong austerity measures. If austerity pressure by Germany was the only action taken, things may have turned out OK, however the Germans did not stop there, from the beginning there were insults thrown at Greece (kick them while they are down). And there was little acknowledgment about hey maybe we should bare some responsibility for the bad loans, for lobbying Greece to buy more, and more weapons because of their bad bullying neighbor every time they met with Greece, no acknowledgement that maybe if you have German firms paying millions of bribes to get billion euro sales completed that maybe Germans also have some changes to make. So you have people in glass houses throwing stones.

Both of my brothers own German soccer jerseys, my father used to love and travel to Germany as a young male, both of my brothers own German Soccer jerseys. Greeks for the most part loved Germany when I lived there in the 80s, no-one seemed to still hold a grudge over all the deaths, damage, looting, ... of WWII. But when taking bad loans seems to be unforgivable, and a ticket to insult Greece, what do you expect? On one side you have bad borrowers, and punitive austerity program, insults, exaggerations, ... On the other hand you have a nation that had forgave murders, starvation, occupation..., it was the austerity and attitudes like yours that opened up those healed wounds and poured salt on them. When you are all about punishing that borrower, maybe that borrower that suffered so much under an occupation would want to revisit that occupation, and ask for reparations. But you seem to fail to recognize that. I was completely against the reparations 2+ years ago, but it is your attitude and that of others that has me rethinking it.

Guest PatrickT

It doesnt matter if you are pro reparations or against it. We will not pay a single cent.

As dor the rest, do you really think that we arevrsponsible that greece took too much loans? I believed greece was a souvereign nation. Now you tell me its retarded and needs protection from itself?

I did read an article in the train today. It says that it would just take one monthly income of evry german to get greece rid of its debt. Is that what you expect from us? That evry german works one month for free?

Guest eyoismos
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments.

enough said

and dino you are wasting your breath with this troll, who hasnt got the capability or the capacity to see past his self imposed horse blinkers

he sees what he wants to see, reads what he wants to read, inteprets as he wants to interpet, makes preposterous assumptions and unbelievable accusations and and out of this world claims as he so desires

and outright refuses, blinded by his own ignorance, to see the broader and complicated picture

Guest PatrickT

enough said

and dino you are wasting your breath with this troll, who hasnt got the capability or the capacity to see past his self imposed horse blinkers

he sees what he wants to see, reads what he wants to read, inteprets as he wants to interpet, makes preposterous assumptions and unbelievable accusations and and out of this world claims as he so desires

and outright refuses, blinded by his own ignorance, to see the broader and complicated picture

no, you are wrong, To be honest i enjoy our little game with greece alot.

Guest eyoismos

no, you are wrong,

really?

I wasn´t aware of the greek electoral system.

no shit Sherlock ! and yet you dare to speak about greece and greeks and who they elected with such authority

wont even bother with the rest .... but thanks for reconfirming my assessment of you, as well - just like for dino

To be honest i enjoy our little game with greece alot.

...which pretty much says it all ...

While some bullies are arrogant and narcissistic, they can also use bullying as a tool to conceal shame or anxiety or to boost self-esteem: by demeaning others, the abuser feels empowered

that sums you up in spades with most of your pathetic posts and demonstrated attitudes baring witness to that

guess in your little world, you never experienced the idea that some actually fight back, and wont tolerate your crap

must really burn you what you have encountered here, and often leaves you steaming that some wont let you get away with it

Guest PatrickT

Wrong Eyo. 

Greece can´t fight back. Its too weak. What can greece do against us? nothing. 

Style only looks as arrogance and narcissim from below. Look, respect must be earned. If you act like beggars you can´t expect respect. 

And please? You consider this a fight? Its an exchange of opinions my friend. You would not survive a physical fight with me nor do i see a reason why i should fight an elderly person. 

Guest eyoismos

Wrong Eyo. 

Greece can´t fight back. Its too weak. What can greece do against us? nothing. 

Style only looks as arrogance and narcissim from below. Look, respect must be earned. If you act like beggars you can´t expect respect. 

And please? You consider this a fight? Its an exchange of opinions my friend. You would not survive a physical fight with me nor do i see a reason why i should fight an elderly person. 

oh my god.... hhahahahahahaha

this guy actually thinks he is germany

hahahahaha

he seriously needs to visit a shrink

Επισκέπτης

But seriously,

Patrick has a point. What can Greece do besides show humility and gratitude and fullfill the demands of her lenders to the fullest.

It is time to remember the words of Dionysios Solomos:

Μοναχή το δρόμο επήρες,

εξανάλθες μοναχή,

δεν είν' εύκολες οι θύρες

εάν η χρεία τες κουρταλή.

Guest PatrickT

oh my god.... hhahahahahahaha

this guy actually thinks he is germany

hahahahaha

he seriously needs to visit a shrink

No, i consider myself an individual person. A young and strong person. Not an elderly guy who spits venom in the internet. 

Guest PatrickT

But seriously,

Patrick has a point. What can Greece do besides show humility and gratitude and fullfill the demands of her lenders to the fullest.

It is time to remember the words of Dionysios Solomos:

Μοναχή το δρόμο επήρες,

εξανάλθες μοναχή,

δεν είν' εύκολες οι θύρες

εάν η χρεία τες κουρταλή.

Exactly. Greece is not a souverign nation. It has become a german colony. And since it has no alternatives left all it can do is to bow down and follow orders. 

We aren´t equals and thats what Varoufakis and this tsipras clown gets wrong. We have demands. Those demands will be fullfilled or greece is pushed down in the bin. Evryone knows that greece will be a failed state if we drop it. 

Minister Schäuble made an interesting statement yesterday. He said he would applaud if the greek people make a referendum. They either accept the german proposal or...chose the other option. 

Evryone knows the other option is death of the greek nation.

His words are interesting, because they take the greek government out of the game. The syriza clowns were the ones who always talked about a referendum. Now that Schäuble made it a all or nothing option, he burned Tsipras last card.

Quite interesting is that Tsipras knows that his lost all credibility in the talks with the EU ministers. His own minister varoufakis has become a clown and is called openly incompetent and laughable at meeting. 

The only option Tsipras sees is to try to get some positive feedback from the "empress of europe" herself. Tsipras tries to go around the EU ministers and debate this issue directly with chancellor Merkel.Which is interesting, since at the beginning he said Merkel is one leader of the EU, not the leader. 

@Eos

Not evrything was bad in greece. Food was great and so was the hotel and akropolis. And i got tanned there

lbjqygex.jpg

Επισκέπτης

Patrick:

Exactly. Greece is not a souverign nation. It has become a german colony. And since it has no alternatives left all it can do is to bow down and follow orders.

Well Greece has a few other options:

1. Be a colony of Russia

2. Be a colony of China

But, as far as I can tell, all alternatives involve the "be a colony" thingy. So at the end all Greece can do is look for the most benevolent master.

Guest PatrickT

Well Greece has a few other options:1. Be a colony of Russia2. Be a colony of ChinaBut, as far as I can tell, all alternatives involve the "be a colony" thingy. So at the end all Greece can do is look for the most benevolent master.

Russia showed not much love towards greece, since Putin adoes not want to anger germany. And china? China will not meddle too much into foreign affairs.

But you are right, The only constant in all,options is being a colony.

Guest eyoismos

No, i consider myself an individual person. A young and strong person. Not an elderly guy who spits venom in the internet. 

oh palease!

let me remid you what i said before , when you started , and i emphasise STARTED, with your bull ... you "rattled my goat" when you dared to question the sovereignty of greece and her islands as a method of payment ... so i wouldnt talk too much about personal insults let alone raising an idea of venom thrown back right back at you ..... do you really weant me to start all the insults and garbage you aimed at greece (not that some of the stuff is not true .... some of the stuff IS true, no doubt about it , but then most greeks not hanging on the petticoats of political parties in order to gain some "advantages", having been doing that for years)

now remind me again who started the venom slinging again .....

Guest eyoismos

But seriously,

technically you are correct .... but ONLY to a certain point. though there is no doubt that obligations need to be fulfilled, financial or otherwise, humility for example needs to be reciprocated at least just a little bit

on the one hand, we have the german driven horseshit about greeks being lazy and theives and god knows what else has been spewn both by certain german politicians and in general many of the german media ...all contributing to a certain kind of backlash by the greeks in general, and yes, partly behind the reason why those syriza wankers got into power, and i repeat partly, in other words, consequences and effects of actions,..... etc etc etc

then i read in the news .... which made me burst out laughing, admittedly with a small level of bitterness in the irony of it all ....

Merkel slams cliches of 'work-shy Greeks, tight Germans'

i guess those inexperienced morons in syriza just might have has some influence, even but a tiny bit, at least, with their constant yack yack yack in the change of attitudes of germany, and yes generally in europe, for i am certain that many started to at least listen to what was said.

another typical example ..... probably because of some noodlebrains that fired up many within the eurosceptic zone enough to speak out .... we generally start hearing about the grexit idea slowly subsiding, after of 3 months of hard negotiations, and some serious eating of crow, yes mostly by the greek government reps, but at the same token at least some backing off by the "powers that be" .... and now the situation is arisen whereby some talk and concern has surfaced about brexit and its consequences....result ...germany is now really listening and taking note .... and dare i say ...changing some attitutdes

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed