Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest PatrickT

HELP! What do against jellyfish bite? What kind of jellyfish in greek waters?

Guest PatrickT

I need help regarding this please. 

I make holiday in greece right now. All is fine, hotel beach ect. 

But my friends and i started some beef with some italian idiots and one grabbed a jellyfish and throw on me at beach. It hurts like hell. It hit my chest and side of my arm. That spot on my arm turned really red and i have some streams at my chest. I tried to remove with my fingers but result is my fingers too started to hurt.

Now it already feels better and i did read that it will go away without anything left but i´m really worried because that red spot is not really visible anymore now but its still tickle and burns a bit. Is there anthing i can do?

Here look, that was right after:

6hdrhiqx.jpg

Its almost gone away now. But what kind of jellyfish is there in greece and can it have permanent effect??

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Επισκέπτης

Piss works best against Jellyfish sting.

Or you can try diluted ammonia but you wont have that handy at the beach (unless you come prepared).

Btw. was it one of the small reddish ones. When those guys get you, it doesn't feel like a sting. It feels like you have been stabbed.

The pain is sharp and very deep, fortunately it dissipates quickly and the marks disappear without trace after a while. I had at least a dozen encounters with those buggers.

Guest HappyAsHellas

By the time you read this the stinging should be gone. My advice would be to make sure you wear swimming shoes as there are weaver fish in the waters at certain islands and if you stand on one of them you will find out pretty quickly the true meaning of the word pain. The locals call them dragon fish, and apparently they are good to make soup with. This vital piece of information was given to me as I was hobbling to the doctors in absolute agony. Naturally, the excess on your insurance is for 50 euros and the helpful doctor charges 49.99. Oh, was the Italian guy wearing gloves when he threw this thing? 

Guest PatrickT

By the time you read this the stinging should be gone. My advice would be to make sure you wear swimming shoes as there are weaver fish in the waters at certain islands and if you stand on one of them you will find out pretty quickly the true meaning of the word pain. The locals call them dragon fish, and apparently they are good to make soup with. This vital piece of information was given to me as I was hobbling to the doctors in absolute agony. Naturally, the excess on your insurance is for 50 euros and the helpful doctor charges 49.99. Oh, was the Italian guy wearing gloves when he threw this thing? 

that idiot did grab it on its umbrella when he threw it on me...i think they bite only with the tentacles, not with the umbrella.

And yes it was kinda red in color and not really big. Smaller than my hand. 

Guest HappyAsHellas

Hope all is well now and you are enjoying your holiday. I know many jokes are made about Germans on holiday, but the Italians are a different breed altogether. I was on holiday with my wife and daughter, sitting on a practically empty beach in Paleokastritsa in Corfu when some Italians came on the beach and put their towels and stuff right next to us. I mean their towels were practically touching ours and then they start to squabble among themselves with no regard for other people - amazing. We ended up moving to a different beach to get away from them, not surprised you got into bother with them. Anyway, enjoy yourself in wonderful Greece.

Guest PatrickT

Hope all is well now and you are enjoying your holiday. I know many jokes are made about Germans on holiday, but the Italians are a different breed altogether. I was on holiday with my wife and daughter, sitting on a practically empty beach in Paleokastritsa in Corfu when some Italians came on the beach and put their towels and stuff right next to us. I mean their towels were practically touching ours and then they start to squabble among themselves with no regard for other people - amazing. We ended up moving to a different beach to get away from them, not surprised you got into bother with them. Anyway, enjoy yourself in wonderful Greece.

yes all is fine. Beside the few days with pain the rest was awesome. Propably go again. Its quite cheap and short travel. 

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed