Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
admin

New site design - νέο design

http://www.hellenism.net

Please provide feedback so that we'll make any adjustments where needed.

Thanks!

Για δώστε εντυπώσεις, σχόλια για να κάνουμε αλλαγές όπου χρειάζεται.

Ευχαριστώ!

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

Both, actually. On the main website the print seems very faint in a lot of cases. Here on the forum as well...I especially find the light blue print hard to read. But, as I said, if it's not bothering anyone else then it must be an issue with my eyes. Although, I don't have a problem with other websites and forums. Don't worry about it unless someone else says they're having trouble, too.

On the main website the print is pretty large (very large I'd say for my likes...), but you're right that the font colour seems to be some shade of grey and not quite black.

I don't see any light blue print anywhere, except if you mean the links. This seems to be the standard "link colour" blue.

I'll see if we can do anything with the font colour. I don't have troubles reading this but if more people complain we'll take a look at this.  :)

You're right Admin...what I've been seeing as light blue is actually light grey.  The link color (blue) is normal. Don't do anything unless there's an issue for others. I can always highlight text and it becomes clearer. (Also I'm due for new glasses in the summer :D )  Nice to see the Shoutbox function...that's something I'm very familiar with and sometimes it can be fun. Thanks for all the work you do to keep things running smoothly!

I haven't retrieved the old content yet (it's still stored on those mSQL tables...). I had to re-write a lot of the content you see on the new pages (with the help of Wikipedia and some other sites of course... :) ).

There's still a lot of content missing. For example the famous Greeks section is not there at all yet. The same with most of the mythology sections.

I just had to put something up to give us some time to figure out how we can retrieve some of the existing data and how we can display them using this new design.

Yes, we lost some wonderful posts from the old forum. :D 

In fact those posts are still saved somewhere in our server, so they're not really lost forever. It's just a matter of finding someone who knows how to retrieve them and add them on to this forum. 

Guest eyoismos

curiosity begs me to ask the question

its not rare when i hit the search engines that archives of hellenism has popped out, from sites that dont see to have anything to do with hellenism.net

they show up as text only entries, without all the bells and whistles and the pretty looks

i have never really indulged in checking them further but my question is ...what gives ?

i mean i hit "archive" and "Hellenism.net" in the search engine just now .... went through about 5 pages and nada

yet i have seen what i have quite a few times

scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif

You're right. Most of the old content must be saved in some form or the other in archive site like the Way Back Machine.

We did manage to salvage and move over all the mSQL database tables from our old server to this new one. Issue is that Dino or I have no clue on how to display this info using the new front end design.

The old forum posts are also ported over to this new server, however that's an even tougher job to port the over into this forum. Also, since when I created this forum I decided that we don't really need all the sections we had in the old forum this is not a 1 to 1 relationship anymore. So if we were to revive the old posts (if that's at all possible) it would have to be done manually so that the right post would move into the right section of the new site. I'd assume that this would be quite a bit of work as we're talking about thousands of posts.

Admin, a few years back one of the forums I'm part of reincarnated itself. They brought over everything from the former forum and put it into a section titled "Archive" . For example, up above, just below the hellenism.net logo there is a row of half a dozen tabs.  One more would be added for the archive. It would be "read only"...no new posts...but it may be useful to some people for reference. Of course, I don't know the logistics of doing something like this...just thought I'd mention it. :wacko:

Guest eyoismos

παρατήρησα οτι πολλοί μπερδεύουν το σκουζοκούτι με το ψάξιμο για το οτιδήποτε

μπάς και είναι μια ιδέα να αλλάξει κάπως εκεί ; ισως πιό "χοντρο" ... αντ για μιά γραμμη 2 και τρεις, σαν κουτάκι δληλαδή. και απο κάτω απ αυτό το "σκούξιμο" και οι εικονίτσες κλπ

δεν ξέρω .... έτσι νομίζω δηλαδή

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed