Photo

Would you support a return to the Megali Idea as well as a more nationalistic Greece?

Megali Idea Greater Greece

117 replies to this topic

#1 NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

Would you as a Native Greek or Greek-American (or any nationality) support the idea of the Megali Idea and conquer what was historically Ancient Greek land. For example retaking Constantinople and Western Turkey and reclaiming the rest of Cyprus. Would you also support the rebuilding of Greek infrastructure and Ancient Monuments, such as the the Colossus of Rhodes, Parthenon, and Statue of Zeus to instill a greater sense of nationality in Greece. My third question is whether or not you would support the reclaiming of our own history from the Former Yugoslavic Republic of Macedonia, who shamelessly stole Alexander The Great as their own and built monuments to him and his father in their Skopje. As a Greek-American I'm fully behind these ideas and believe we should carry them out and restore Greece as a dominant world nation once we fix our economy, by leaving the European Union and bringing back the Greek Drachma. We were once the pinnacle of human civilization and our day will come again, I'm sure of it. However I doubt any of this can be carried out under our current corrupt government and I would suggest a revolution and model the constitution off of America which I believe is one of the best written governments to date. i'm curious if other Greeks agree with any of this and believe in it like I do. America got blessed with Donald Trump, it's time Greece had hers.

• cyprusellas likes this

Who read this topic? (Total Views: 24) , HappyAsHellas, Brenda, , palikari, ajaxmonkey, , , Giannisss, annacorbey, serge_25, admin, cyprusellas, Jen, Lekatis, nikos757, stroumfaki, eyoismos, FriendofGreece, Satyr, , PatrickT, Eleni Papadopoulou, NickTheGreek,

Thanked by 1 Member:
andmalak2017

#2 FriendofGreece

FriendofGreece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

I am not Greek but if you don't mind me giving you my comments. I must say it is nice to see a Greek caring about Greece. However, I would say first that at this stage when Greece is near bankruptcy, the Megali Idea and other propositions you advance seem a little far fetched. I would say what Greeks need to do now is to help Greece get out of the morass it is in right now. Later on, you can think bigger things, 

What you suggest seems to me to relate to restoring the past glory of Greece, replicating what happened in the past. History can repeat itself but to my limited knowledge, no empire that went down went up again, at least exactly like it used to be. We live in the 21st century and ancient infrastructure is part of antiquities for tourists to visit. Greeks should already be proud of what you have left, and there is a lot out there. Restoration and maintenance yes, but not rebuilding the Colossus of Rhodes, Statue of Zeus, etc. I think Greece and Greeks should instead look toward the future, rather than the past. Granted that you need to have a sense of your history to know your present and build your future, but being too concerned about the past, you lose sight of the future. 

The world has changed since Alexander's time and Hellenism. I don't understand the Greeks' obsession with Constantinople. I can understand you want the rest of Cyprus back but conquering back Western Turkey? Seems to me Turkey is complicated with all the kinds of people it has, are you sure you want it back? 

FYROM ... well, everybody knows Alexander the Great is Greek. Who are the people in FYROM, I don't even know who they are and who really cares about them. The thing I would suggest is to be pro-active in promoting Alexander the Great as being Greek to remind people of that. I recently attended an exposition of Greek artifacts from various museums in Greece. A big part was devoted to Alexander and it was very nice to see that.

I agree with you about Greece leaving the EU and using the Greek drachma again. Once Greece leaves the EU, other countries will follow.

Thanked by 1 Member:
andmalak2017

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 761 posts
  • 47 thanks

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

The past is past and gone. Greeks should be looking into the future, and as it is right now their future doesn't seem very bright. There's lots to be done, and I agree with you that the current government and current political parties in Greece have no chance of achieving any kind of positive change anytime soon.

On the other hand, not sure if I should take your whole post seriously as your argument that America got blessed with Trump leaves me speechless. Not sure how to respond to this...

• stroumfaki likes this

#4 HappyAsHellas

HappyAsHellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

As a regular visitor to Greece I do not want to see any reconstruction of the colossus of Rhodes. You can visit museums in Rhodes which show in detail how it was built and even tell you how it's architect was inept financially  and ended up bankrupt and topping himself if memory serves correctly. The thought of some new version fills me with dread (look at the wooden horse of Troy for example). I have walked over mosaic floors over 2,000 years old and saw many fantastic sights irrespective of which part of this fascinating country you visit. I don't think it would matter much if Greece went back to the drachma as the same corrupt, clientism orientated people would be in charge. As for being blessed with Donald Trump, the man is an utter buffoon who the rest of the world sniggers at. I cannot believe that he would ever get elected but then again you voted for Reagan and Bush jr, so nothing would surprise me.

#5 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:39 AM

NickTheGreek:

Would you as a Native Greek or Greek-American (or any nationality) support the idea of the Megali Idea and conquer what was historically Ancient Greek land. For example retaking Constantinople and Western Turkey and reclaiming the rest of Cyprus.

No ofense Nick but you seem to deny reality. So lets have a reality check:

1)Retaking Constantinople and Western Turkey???
You can't be serious! ISTANBUL, yes that's the name of that city, is inhabited by 24 Milion Turks while Greece has a population of about 11 Mil and roughly 3 mil of those aren't even Greek Born. So how does this retaking of Istanbul gonna happen? And more importantly, what do we do with the 24 mil Turks who live there? Do you have an "Endlösung der Türkenfrage" in mind?

2)The missery Greece is in right now proves all to well tha we are not even able to bring order and prosperity to our current domain. We are not able to secure our borders or enforce the laws of our land. Hell, we even chose to remove monuments from public squares so they wont be vandalized or, the bronce ones, end up as scrap metal sold to the smelter by thieves. And here you are talking about the Monument of ZEUS and the colosus of Rhodes? Are you serious?

3)And what the hell does Zeus have to do with Novo-Graecian national identity? Did you bother to read the constitution of this Pseudo-Graecian state?

Article 3 paragraph 1 of the Hellenic constitution:
Eπικρατούσα θρησκεία στην Eλλάδα είναι η θρησκεία της Aνατολικής Oρθόδοξης Eκκλησίας του Xριστού. H Oρθόδοξη Eκκλησία της Eλλάδας, που γνωρίζει κεφαλή της τον Kύριο ημών Iησού Xριστό, υπάρχει αναπόσπαστα ενωμένη δογματικά με τη Mεγάλη Eκκλησία της Kωνσταντινούπολης και με κάθε άλλη ομόδοξη Eκκλησία του Xριστού τηρεί απαρασάλευτα, όπως εκείνες, τους ιερούς αποστολικούς και συνοδικούς κανόνες και τις ιερές παραδόσεις. Eίναι αυτοκέφαλη, διοικείται από την Iερά Σύνοδο των εν ενεργεία Aρχιερέων και από τη Διαρκή Iερά Σύνοδο που προέρχεται από αυτή και συγκροτείται όπως ορίζει ο Kαταστατικός Xάρτης της Eκκλησίας, με τήρηση των διατάξεων του Πατριαρχικού Tόμου της κθ΄ (29) Iουνίου 1850 και της Συνοδικής Πράξης της 4ης Σεπτεμβρίου 1928.

The authors of our constitution must have been Theologians and see it fit to declare Orthodox Dogma as the "TRUE" christianity. But more importantly, did you notice the ημών? The authors seem to asume that everyone who is subject to this constitution sees Jesus Christ as his Lord thats why thy say OUR Lord. What about those, like myself, who reject Christianity? Does this ημών not exclude us? Are we expected to pay taxes so that this state can continue to pay salaries to 11000 orthodox priests and 6000 Orthodox theologians? What do we get out of that? Sorry buddy but even though I was born in Greece I can not identify with that country. But what the hell, it is going down the crapper no matter what. So those who dream about celebrating the resourection of their savior in the Hagia Sofia will be soon a thing of the past. Greece is gonne and I say: Good riddance.

#6 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:09 AM

In a Globalized world where Globalism is code for Americanism, so as to divide and conquer, I would support a union with our own heritage, across borders - a unified Pax Europa, no matter who dominates it, as long as they are Europeans. 

Before emerging giants, like China, Brazil, India and the American Abrahamic empire, tiny Greece is helpless.

We need to expand our sense fo self - know thyself - to include an Indo-European dimension.

If not, we will be assimilated - eaten up like small morsels.  

If we take into account how we are already infected with a dis-ease of mind/spirit (Christianity/Marxism = Judaism - victim psychology), our population aging, our children soiled and easily manipulated,  then our path is hard and difficult.

Greeks already have that victim mentality - they are innocent victims of a big bad world - they are not accountable, not to be held responsible for anything. All are enemies, all have disappointed their naivete....

modern Greece is a mix of Judaism - we worship a Jewish god, using pagan symbols and traditions, we worship the absolute, monism, having forgotten polytheism, but far worse, we have the mentality of Turks - how to banter, how to take more than we give, how to exploit and not reciprocate...philotimo is a word we have inherited from our ancestors but is is just that, a word, we do not practice. 

Where si the aristocratic ehtos of our past?

We weep, and copain and expect and beg for handouts.

Where's the pride of the Dorians?

We dance tsiifteteli, listen to po music, prey to Jewish deities, and worship symbols like money, Christian icons in church with magical powers, the evil eye....

Then we tell each other we are proud Greeks, and know nothing about Heraclitus, Plato, Aristophanes, Protagoras, Thales, only words, names we repeat, we casually quote and have no understanding of.

What's there to save?

How would not a charlatan like Varoufakis a clever hypocrite, not take advantage of that?

How could not a liar like Tsipras not seduce that?

There is a law in nature.

That which is unfit perishes.

If we have been reduced to this, then I prefer we perish and bring no more shame upon our ancestors.

#7 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

What  'megali idea'?

Where is our Venizelos, what soldiers will fight?

The spoiled brats, who are all actors, artists, singers, models, lawyers, doctors?

Those will fight, and suffer for the big idea?

The Marxists who do not believe in races, or nationality, and want to make Greece into multicultural US, culture of no culture?

Who?

Kids born to drink frape, go to clubs until dawn, and ask "where are the jobs, what of my dreams"?

Women more interested in marrying rich, and how their ass looks in a miniskirt, they will be the carriers of the big idea?

#8 eyoismos

eyoismos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:13 AM

και μας τα είπες όλα αυτά στα αγγλικά ...

ωραίο σεβασμό και λατρεία για την κληρονομιά μας, την ίδια μας την γλώσσα

λες και ελεγες

Α μπε μπα μπλομ
του κίθε μπλομ
α μπε μπα μπλομ
του κίθε μπλομ
μπλιμ μπλομ.

άσε που ο βενιζελος και οι στρατιώτες που θαυμάζεις (και σωστα) ήταν όλοι χριστιανοί ... λάτρες ξένης δήθεν θεότητας

να μην πούμε για ένα σωρό άλλα στραβά και διαστραβλωμένα που λές, ... έτσι για να λές ....

πχ

Το τσιφτετέλι είναι αντικρυστός αυτοσχεδιαζόμενος, γυναικείος χορός στα 2/4, διαδεδομένος τόσο στην Ελλάδα και τα Βαλκάνια, όσο και στην Ανατολή. Οι μελετητές αναφέρουν ως πιθανότερο τόπο προέλευσής του την αρχαία Ελλάδα, καθώς υποστηρίζουν πώς πρόκειται για τον αρχαιοελληνικό χορό του Αριστοφάνη, κόρδακα

άσε που τα βάζεις βλέπω με τα παιδιά, την νεολάια μας .. και ξεχνάμε  το μήλο κάτω απο την μηλιά

και επιπλέον σου υπενθυμίζω

Στους Έλληνες έχουν εξουσία οι Αθηναίοι, στους Αθηναίους εγώ, σ’ εμένα η γυναίκα μου, στη γυναίκα μου το παιδί. Έτσι ο γιος μου έχει την ανώτατη εξουσία στην Ελλάδα.
Θεμιστοκλής, 525-461 π.Χ., Αθηναίος πολιτικός & στρατιωτικός

Ο Σωκράτης τον 3ο αιώνα π.Χ. αναφέρει: "Δε βλέπω καμία ελπίδα για το μέλλον του λαού μας, αν εξαρτάται από τους επιπόλαιους σημερινούς νέους γιατί είναι βέβαιο ότι όλοι είναι απερίσκεπτοι πέρα από κάθε περιγραφή".

Ο Ησίοδος τον 8ου αιώνα π.Χ. αναφέρει: "Οι νέοι μας τώρα φαίνεται να αγαπούν την πολυτέλεια. Έχουν κακούς τρόπους και περιφρονούν την εξουσία. Δε δείχνουν σεβασμό στους ενήλικους και ξοδεύουν το χρόνο τους τριγυρνώντας και κουτσομπολεύοντας μεταξύ τους. Είναι θρασείς και έτοιμοι να αντιλέγουν στους γονείς τους, να μονοπωλούν τη συζήτηση σε μια παρέα, να τρώνε λαίμαργα και να τυραννούν τους δασκάλους τους".

δηλαδή αυτά που λές και διαμαρτύρεσαι οτι δεν είναι ελληνική συμπεριφορά

οπότε πάω πάσο και με 5 άσους στο μανίκι
άσε που ....

Δεν μ’ ενδιαφέρει η καταγωγή των πολιτών ούτε η φυλή στην οποία γεννήθηκαν. Τους αντιμετωπίζω όλους με ένα κριτήριο: την αρετή. Για μένα, κάθε καλός ξένος είναι Έλληνας και κάθε κακός Έλληνας είναι χειρότερος από βάρβαρος.
Μέγας Αλέξανδρος, 356-323 π.Χ.,

μου φαίνεται έχεις μπλέξει τα μπούτια σου με την πραγματικότητα

οπότε ο νοων νοείτω

#9 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Culture is not a name.

It is tradition.

If we assume tradition, morality, spiritual beliefs and practices, are what we can call a meme, then a meme, like a gene is about carrying memories, re-calling.

Once an alien meme infects another, it acts like a virus, a dis-ease.

Socrates was a symptom of Athenian decline.

Democracy was also a symptom of decline. 

A forced compromise when Athens had to integrate the masses power had produced.

Timocracy was the original political system.

By today's hedonistic standards Plato would be considered a |fascist| and a "racist" and a"sexist" all of the ancients as well. 

Hedonism is a byproduct of sheltering and plenitude.

The "left" rises when there is abundance, when life becomes easier, at which point it squanders excess and makes the coming of the harsh "right" inevitable.

What we have today in modern Greece, is not only a loss of identity, manipulated by a Marxist government that denies races,s exes or any divisions of peoples, but a population that squandered 30 years of borrowed, artificial, excess.

Producing next to nothing, disrespecting the only money source, tourism, they lived as if they were an industrial nation - beyond its menas and beyond it power.

But, in life, as children quickly find out, one must pay; one must earn what he consumes. 

#10 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:49 AM

Christian God was sold to the masses, from the time of Constantine the Great. 

He became, what it was for the Jews: a king of all kings, a God of all gods.

In this way the slave declares himself a master, no earthly power can be above.

Judaism was the religion of the chosen to suffer, God's eternal victims, and today they play the victim-card perfectly, resulting ni paradoxes, when power built on humility becomes arrogant.

Christianity was, and is, a religion for slaves.

The meek, the week, the sick, the impoverished, the desperate, all find in it relief from an indifferent world.

A religion for slaves produces slavish psychologies - easily controlled and manipulated.

I recall attending a concert in a small church outside Sparta.

When I arrived, much to my dismay, I saw it built over an ancient Greek temple.

It reminded me of the massacres Christians enacted, after their power in Byzantium was still unsure.

How many Greeks they slaughtered in the name of a foreign god.

I remembered the centuries where giving your child an ancient Greek name was prohibited.

I then remembered how all of Christianity is the adopting of pagan traditions, rituals, and warping them to fit into their life-hating, nature-despising cult of victims. 

Jesus was an icon, some say a product of rape,  or cuckold.

A half-Jew, half-Roman.

He became the perfect bridge between two incompatible world-views, Paganism and  Nihilism - Hellenism as the highest representation of paganism and Judaism as the highest representation of nihilism.

To "harmonize" the incompatible it used mysticism, vagueness, mumbo-jumbo emoting, masking as reasoning.

Let us not forget that it was not Jesus who started Christianity, for he was against organized religions, and pharisees, but it was another Hebrew Saul, later to be baptized Paul. 

Harmonization meant a selective assimilation of Hellenic ideas and ideals. 

Not Heraclitus but Parmenides.

Nietzsche comes to us as an authentic Greek thinker, in a coming  post-Christian world.

"God is dead" leaves a vacuum in the hearts and minds of people addicted to submission.

This vacuum is filled with secular humanism, after Marxism tried and failed.

Humanism is a secularized form of Nihilism. 

It replaces the "one God" with "one humanity" - essentially stripping the word of its biological meaning.

Human, not as species - reproductive population, comprised of two sexes, but 'humanity' as in divine oneness - all are part of the god Humanity, equal beneath the deity. 

Biological identifications, derived from nature, like sex, race, are leveled away.

We see a similar leveling down in Marxism, placing "class" as the all encompassing oneness, eliminating all other designations. 

All are born the same, nuder Marxism, only work differentiates them.

Production. 

In Capitalism it is reversed to consumption. 

All are equal who consume the same goods and services, under the institution = God.

Institution becomes an abstraction of maleness.

All are females beneath the alpha-male institution - which can be represented by any figurehead: man, woman, child...

Homosexuality, transexuality, are but symptoms of this feminization.

Reactions to this is hyper-masculinity, machismo, compensation for lost manliness...or feminine masculinization, women filling in the void left by emasculated males.

Female psychology is about social stability, integration, peace, because her reproductive role demands such harmony.

Male psychology is about challenging authority, standing apart, being recognized.

This is why males dominate the disciplines of science, and art, where creativity, thinking outside the box, questioning established knowledge is an advantage.

From this fact we realize that feminine disposition is more conducive for peaceful coexistence - systems prefer feminine psychology, particularly multicultural or heterogeneous unities, like those being established in our time. 

This means the male has to be downgraded, eliminated as leader of the family, because he represents a connection to a past that may conflict with the State's needs, or with multicultural coexistence. 

#11 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

Satyr:

In a Globalized world where Globalism is code for Americanism, so as to divide and conquer, I would support a union with our own heritage, across borders - a unified Pax Europa, no matter who dominates it, as long as they are Europeans.

So you would reject a rational thinking Chinese or a down to eath pragmatic American in favor of some Γέροντα Παϊσιος quoting Orthodox-Christo-Taliban because the latter happens to be your cousin twice removed who resides in Europe?

Speaking strictly for myself of course, why should I care about Europe?

My roots are Asian. Meaning: all my Grandparents were born is Asia, the region of the world which is nowadays called Anatolia and to which the Asian continent owes its name. I'm a western Asian by blood and I happen to adhere to the world view that was formulated in the coastal regions of Lydia under Lydian and latter Persian kings in a period that is known as the Ionian awakening.

Philosophy did not originate in the Greek Polis. Thales, Anaximander, Anaximenes, Heraclitus, Leucippus, Democritus, all rational thinkers of Ionia where subjects of the Lydian and latter the Persian kings. And it was this little appreciated fact that allowed them to formulate their radical Ideas. If they had lived in Athens they would  be charged with "Impiety" tried, convicted and executed. The Ionian awakening would not have happend. So why should I, someone of mixed Carian, Luwian, Calybian, Lydian, Persian, Ionian, Mingrelian, Altaic, and God knows what other descend care about Europe?

Well granted, some of my stuff is still in Greece and thus in Europe. Beyond that though, I don't care much about Europe. Sure Europe had its bright moments. The enlightenment, rennaisance and the works those periods produced. Beyond that Europe has nothing to offer. The overwhelming part of European History consists of utter darkness.

Here you are, apparently, pledging alligiance to Europe. What exactly are you pledging alliagiance to?

A continent named after an Asian princess with an identity that has been shaped by the Christian variety of Judaic supperstitions. What exactly remains of Europe if you remove the Asian loans? 

#12 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 761 posts
  • 47 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:45 AM

So if Europe has produced nothing (or very little according to you...nevermind the Greek and Roman philosophers, the enlightenment, the renaissance etc. this is nothing to you...), what did the rest of the continents/cultures have produced? Have they fared any better in your view?

#13 FriendofGreece

FriendofGreece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:49 AM

Satyr,

Considering how the EU countries are treating Greece, I am surprised why you still want to stick with Europe. Greece would be better off being independent. Once Greece gets out of the EU, other small countries like Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc., may want to get out too.

As for Europe and what it produced, it seems to me that once the European countries stopped plundering the other continents (Asia, Africa and India) and those continents got out of colonization, the Europeans went pretty much downward. Just look at France, UK, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, etc., now. 

#14 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:33 AM

So if Europe has produced nothing (or very little according to you...nevermind the Greek and Roman philosophers, the enlightenment, the renaissance etc. this is nothing to you...), what did the rest of the continents/cultures have produced? Have they fared any better in your view?

So what did Europe produce in the renaisance other than copies of Greek art and literature?

Does Michelangelo add, the highly skillfull execution aside, anything fundamentaly new to Greek sculpture?

Does Shakespeare not follow the exact blueprint of Aristotle in his Tragedies?

As excelent as the works of those two are they still remain reproductions of preexisting patterns.

In the field of Philosophy Europe produced nothing but absurdities. Starting with Kant of course. There was a guy who filled thousands of pages by assigning his own arbitrary, heavily Judeo-Christian influenced, interpretations on terms that were all ready clearly defined in Plato. Kant is nothing but a carricature of Plato. He recycles Platos terminology and builds this absurd "thing" that he calls "Christian Phillosophy". Heideger used to call it "Wooden Iron" due to the self contradictory nature of it.

Europe has of course created its own material civilization but it always was and still is an utterly uncultured continent. The Romans did build roads to march their legions and arenas to entertaine the vulgar masses but they did not leave A SINGLE THOUGHT WORTH THINKING behind. Europe has not changed since their time. 

That said, there are very few moments of clarity that gave rise to really new Ideas in the history of our kind. In fact I only recognize the axial age as such. The annoying thing about Euro barbarians is that they claim a non European Culture, Greek, as their own and then they proceed to invent the Indo-Germanic, Indo-Aryan, Indo-European master race that produced it. And thus they attribute the qualities of a completely alien culture to the Genetic superiority of its alleged Indo-Germanic-Aryan-European makers. That's just pathetic.

#15 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:44 AM

As for Europe and what it produced, it seems to me that once the European countries stopped plundering the other continents (Asia, Africa and India) and those continents got out of colonization, the Europeans went pretty much downward. Just look at France, UK, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, etc., now. 

Eaxctly right. Where are Portugals riches now that it cannot draw upon the resources of Brazil, Mozambique, Angola?

#16 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

Satyr,

Considering how the EU countries are treating Greece, I am surprised why you still want to stick with Europe. Greece would be better off being independent. Once Greece gets out of the EU, other small countries like Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc., may want to get out too.

Greece is treated badly because it is, and has been for a long time, a spoiled, delusional brat.

Imagine a man who has squandered his inherited wealth, declared himself the foundation of western civilization because of this inheritance he knows little about, then going to another man for a loan, which he intends to not pay because of his inheritance, as if he is owed something simply because of what his father was. 

Imagine such a man purposefully lying, as if  others are complete idiots, because his inheritance was great.

Arrogance born of sheltering, and the narcissism it produces. 

For 30 years the Greeks have been living the good life, on their inheritance....which they've spent away. 

Never planning for tomorrow. 

That is what a  spoiled brat is....

A pampered child suffers from grandiosity, a sense of entitlement, a disconnection from reality, hedonism...

Europe went downward because it expanded too fast. Greece, for example, should not have been given entrance so early, and not until the country managed to bring itself into the 21st century, and had rid itself of its narcissism.

The French did Europe a disservice, when they insisted that Greece belongs in Europe because...of her past, her inheritance, when Modern Greeks were the furthest thing form their won ancestors.

Now, try to look at the bigger picture.

US is being threatened by the rise of China.

Her power is waning, she is in debt to China.

India is emerging, and so is Europe.

US benefits from keeping Europe down, under her control, to suck her dry.

US used Britain to prevent European unification, beyond an economic market, and wanted to also include Turkey to double American influence - something changed in Turkey and this is not the case, today.

This change in Turkish policy is also part of American decline. .

A chess-game is being played. 

To maintain control the US wants to Americanize Europe - multiculturalism, culture of no culture, abrahamism, materialism, hedonism etc.

Europe is far to homogenous, for American tastes. They rpefer a heterogenous, fragmented, dumbed-down society.

What hope does Europe have if it breaks apart into small pieces that will not be able to withstand being assimilated?

The Americans wanted a United States of Europe similar to their own Republic.

A market sphere, where her Jewish controlled banks could enforce American power, and Hollywood, also controlled by you know who, can brainwash Europeans with nihilism, Judeo-Christianity/Islam, and Marxism, humanism, like their own.

Plundering is only a sin for humanists and Marxist idealists.

Nature works on dominated and dominator.

Weakness is exploited by strength - it's called natural selection.

Some in Spain and Portugal attribute their once great empires decline to their own success, with no discrimination. The power those countries had, made them a cosmopolitan center for their colonies, and they allowed all these foreigners to enter their countries, mixing genes until the original Portuguese and Spanish bloodlines diluted, and with them the intellect it had produced.

Similar to what happened in Brazil, or what is happening in the US, that has to import brain-power, because race mixing has leveled all down to mediocrity.

The Marxists of SYRIZA want to do the same in Greece, that has been kept clean because of Christian discriminating attitudes, which Marxism and secular humanism erases.

#17 FriendofGreece

FriendofGreece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

So if Greece is all what you said, reason more for Greece to get out of the EU. Children grow up when they have to live alone and no longer dependent on their parents.

Europe is not so homonogeneous, that is why Europe has problems. The EU accepted so many countries of disparate cultures and languages in order for the rich EU countries to take advantage of the low cost extensive labour force in countries like Poland, agricultural lands, etc. The EU is meant to support the rich EU countries, point, much like their old colonies but to a lesser extent. 

Americans have americanized Europe a long time ago. If not, are the cultures of Europe so weak as to fear being assimilated by American "culture"? The unity of the EU is artificial, you just have to look at the fights they have between them with the migrant crisis. 

Spain and Portugal had intellect, since when? They appear to me blood thirsty colonials.

They import brain-power maybe because their education system is not good enough. I don't believe race mixing dumbs down the brain to mediocrity. I actually believe the contrary.  

Plundering is not a sin you said, nevertheless it just shows how barbarian the Europeans are rather than the civilized people they want to appear to be. 

Rather than just complaining, what do you suggest to help Greece and the Greeks?

By the way, do you live in Greece?

#18 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

I know...that's what makes you a modern.

That you think race mixing is 'good' says it all.

You lack an understanding of evolution, or you exclude humans from its processes.

Whatever the reason is, does not matter, because you are not my target audience. 

I am doing, not suggesting.

When Greeks accept what has happened to them, and escape your kind of modern thinking, your politically correct, dumbed-down humanism, some will survive. 

Europe belongs to a meme called Indo-European. 

Hellenism is a branch of it.

It's highest attainment. 

But there were others.

European homogeneity can be found when Europeans return back to the pre-Christian era.

I do not live in Greece, I have lived in Greece for 8-9 years....went to school there, and serve in the army - Evro. 

And you?

#19 FriendofGreece

FriendofGreece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

Wow, I am surprised. You know nothing of me yet assume all kinds of attributes to me I did not even know I had.

No, I do not live in Greece.

#20 Satyr

Satyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

I know only what you allude to with your words.

This "you don't know me" is a Jerry Springer method of trying to hide what is obvious.

The more you speak the more i know.

In nature dogs know themselves less than a human can know a canine.

Know Thyself is a Delphic maxim precisely because self-consciousness emerges after consciousness, and is still underdeveloped.

Modernity is characterized by ignorance of self.

This is what the curent identity crisis is about.

Transgenders and all that.

They speak one thing, according to popular ideals, and then act in contradiction.

This is a part of the Nihilistic dis-ease.

Because it is anti-life, anti-nature, as your preference for race mixing indicates, it must lie, primarily to itself, in order to survive in a reality it denies, and remians indifferent to human delusions and rpeferences, 

But that's a whole other can of worms

As pertaining to you...a dog breed has been bred by humans to behave and look in specific ways.

There are distinct trait differences between dog breeds.

If you mix breeds you dilute these traits.

Race is to humans what breeds are to other species there are breeds of chimpanzees and gorillas and elephants.

Read Freedman's study on dog breeds, and see how this pertains to human races. 

Some breeds slowly splinter off and become separate species, like wolves and dogs, grizzlies and polar bears, asses and horses, and zebras, tigers and lions, and so on. 

If you remix those, you lose the centuries of natural selection that produced them.

You do not gain, you lose. You revert the breed/species back to before it splintered into two distinct groups. 

So, if you breed a Caucasian and a Negro, their appearance being an indication of genetic divergence (genetic isolation), you dilute the thousands of years that went into producing Caucasians, and what resulted in the cultures their genes produced.

You regress them, with genes that produced nothing comparable in the centuries before sub-Saharan Negroes came into contact with  "evil" Europeans.  

Pertaining to you not living in Greece...I suggest you go there, and live there, for more than the 2-4 weeks some go to vacation.

Then come back and speak to me about what you know nothing about. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Megali, Idea, Greater, Greece

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Hellenism Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  sprinter : (11 December 2017 - 08:10 AM)

Βέρτης Νίκος - Live Tour 10 Χρόνια (2Cd + Dvd)

@  sprinter : (11 December 2017 - 07:58 AM)

Γιώργος Νταλάρας - Με Δυο Παπούτσια Πάνινα (1997)

@  takis5103 : (10 December 2017 - 10:51 AM)

sfakianakis

@  logarithmo : (09 December 2017 - 04:43 PM)

ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ / ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ - ΓΙΑΝΝΕΝΑ ΜΕ ΔΥΟ ΠΑΠΟΥΤΣΙΑ ΠΑΝΙΝΑ / GORAN BREGOVIC

@  bilou75 : (06 December 2017 - 03:16 PM)

ΠΙΤΣΑ ΠΑΠΑΔΟΠΟΥΛΟΥ

@  habs021 : (29 November 2017 - 01:23 PM)

ΒΕΡΤΗΣ ΝΙΚΟΣ - LIVE TOUR 10 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ παιδια δεν ειναι ενεργο κανενα λινκ.. λεει file not found..

@  habs021 : (29 November 2017 - 01:01 PM)

ΒΟΥΛΓΑΡΑΚΗ + ΣΤΟΚΑΣ - ΛΑΒΥΡΙΝΘΟΙ

@  tsihlini : (29 November 2017 - 12:59 AM)

ΡΕΜΟς

@  takis7 : (17 November 2017 - 09:53 AM)

Ενταξει ολα ... σε ευχαριστω πολύ

@  takis7 : (17 November 2017 - 09:52 AM)

test