Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

Which movies affected you the most in your life?

Guest FriendofGreece

For me, it is two movies:

Planet of the Apes - still so stunning to watch. Be kind to animals and to our planet Earth.

Zorba the Greek - "A man needs a little madness, or else... he never dares cut the rope and be free." ― Nikos Kazantzakis

Which are yours?

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες

Mr Spocks ears  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Benji - when he finds the lion cubs all alone in the forest (their mother had been killed)  i cried  :( (life can be so cruel)

The addams family - its ok to be eccentric  :ph34r:

Marley and me - i cried  :(  -_-  ( i need to accept that all good things come to an end) 

There are so many great movies out there, and there are so many more still coming  :)

Roberto Benigni's Life is beautiful was a wonderful movie. 

I also enjoyed Cameron Crow's Almost Famous. It brought back some good memories from my youth when I was an "aspiring" musician playing for a band.

I love comedies too, and School of Rock and Natcho Libre were fun to watch. Jack Black is hilarious.

I've seen so many great movies over the years. It's hard to only mention a few  :)

Guest FriendofGreece

So many movies I have not seen. Will take a quick look on youtube see.

Jen - me too, the two scenes you described in Zorba quite affected me. I was shocked, I said to myself well it can't be Greeks, can it? I actually saw Zorba when I was very young, and that was the first time I knew of the existence of the Greeks. The only thing I remembered was the dance at the end of the movie. It was only later when I watched it again that the movie, i.e. the personality of Zorba, made a very deep impression on me. 

You should read the book then. It's much better than the movie. You should also look up on Kazantzakis' other works. It's all really good.

By the way, did you know that the "Last Temptation of Christ" (another good movie by the way) is based on a book by Nikos Kazantzakis? That's worth a read too.

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed