Πήγαινε στο περιεχόμενο
Guest FriendofGreece

Tensions in Asia

Guest FriendofGreece
Guest FriendofGreece

It does not take much for a war to flare up. Now, you have the US, Japan and India flexing their muscles. While I understand about Japan being involved in the disputes about the islands, the US and India have nothing to do in the region. Especially India which is way away from the Pacific Ocean.

Δημοσίευση σε άλλες σελίδες
Guest eyoismos

uhmmmmm .... in this day and age i would say countries dont wage war ... big business does

or did you think that weapons of mass destruction was the core of what the war in iraq was all about ?...

look who benefited .... certain oil companies for starters

or to put it another way ... the war on troy was not because of some bimbo who had an affair with some random trojan

in reality it was a trade war ... troy was becoming too successful, and the greeks didnt like it

so they came up with the story of beautiful helen who betrayed them and their honor  ... but in reality all a ruse

Guest FriendofGreece

OK, I try to put a lol smilie next time.  :P  I think you are a little bit behind the time. China is now offshoring a lot of its manufacturing low end to neighbouring countries and even to India. Not to say that it is investing more and more in the US, so the jobs are "coming back" to the US.

Guest eyoismos

its called near sourcing

as in for example the states often get things done in places mexico or anything just outside the border, where regulations are more lax to non-existent

back in the day ... when i still knew what a soldering iron was and how to use it, i was always amused when i say Texas Instruments chips with "made in mexico" engraved on the surface ...and yes often saw other manufactures chips with "made in vietnam" too

Guest FriendofGreece

China has a huge problem with pollution because of their rapid development. They have slowed down much compared to the past 3 decades, a lot partly because of the slowdown in demand from the world, but also partly because of their reorientation into providing more services and making  less manufacturing. The shifts in their economy are tectonic, because everything the Chinese do, they do in big scale. China is actually a very interesting country to follow. Who knows what the future brings?

Guest FriendofGreece

I forgot the 4th democracy, Australia.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/all-eyes-on-indias-emergence-as-a-global-superpower-20151022-gkfgms.html

" 'The strategic partnership between India and Australia is based on a shared desire to promote regional and global security, as well as their common commitment to democracy, freedom, human rights and the rule of law,' reads the joint security declaration signed by Modi and Tony Abbott in November."

Guest FriendofGreece

Maybe not. More so "exceptionalism". Can't remember which other country thinks they are exceptional too, maybe I read in the news somewhere a few months ago. Maybe India, not sure.

OK, here you are, I found the article. It is India.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/narendra-modis-american-exceptionalism/

"Tokyo has expressed concern that Chinese drills could tap reservoirs that extend into Japan’s territory"

Increasing tension in the Asia-Pacific between China and other surrounding nations appears to be an unstoppable lead-up to regional conflict and even global war

First appeared: http://journal-neo.org/2015/06/18/who-s-behind-asia-pacific-s-growing-tensions/

Guest FriendofGreece

The Japanese are inventing excuses to stir up trouble. From what I have read, it appears that some of the islands the Japanese claim are theirs have been given to them to administer after WWII by the US or the Allies. The Chinese have always claimed that the islands belong to them. Japan is changing, or has already changed, its constitution to be able to re-arm yourself. The situation in Asia is very fickle now. Because it involves the US, Japan, India, Australia against China, the risks of a war are very high.

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150724/1025020869.html

Guest FriendofGreece

Maybe not. More so "exceptionalism". Can't remember which other country thinks they are exceptional too, maybe I read in the news somewhere a few months ago. Maybe India, not sure.

OK, here you are, I found the article. It is India.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/narendra-modis-american-exceptionalism/

Don't fool yourself. All countries/ethnic groups think they're exceptional and special. Take the Greeks, the Turks, the Germans, the Jews, the Brits...you name it. Everyone thinks they're the cat's meow. :D

Guest FriendofGreece

Come to think of it, it is true that quite many countries/ethnic groups think they are exceptional and special like you said. But not all though. I would say, yes, the Jews to start with. Then countries that have been conquerors or colonizers or made wars. In the list, the Japanese should figure prominently.  

ΒΟΗΘΕΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ HELLENISM.NET!

Εάν σας ενδιαφέρει να γίνετε ενεργό μέλος του Hellenism.Net σαν moderator στο forum, ή αν σας ενδιαφέρει να γράφετε άρθρα/κείμενα στους λογαριασμούς Facebook, Twitter και Google+ του Hellenism.Net, ή αν ασχολείστε με προγραμματισμό ιστοσελίδων, τότε επικοινωνήστε μαζί μας!

Χρειαζόμαστε εθελοντές για να κρατησουμε το  Hellenism.Net ζωντανό!

Follow us

Hellenism.Net Facebook Feed