32 replies to this topic

#21 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 761 posts
  • 47 thanks

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

There are many "interesting" and many "uninteresting" Greeks as much as there are many interesting/uninteresting Americans, Brits, Canadians etc. 

I don't associate with too many Greek-Canadians either, and I partially agree with ajax on his observation, however, I did find some interesting Greek people over the years and I do keep in touch with them from time to time. For most though it's true that their lives revolve around the Greek church and the Greek community, and I don't really have time for that.

#22 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

No one's saying to live in a Grecian ghetto. I don't really see the issue if someone asked  you why they don't see you at church, seeing as we're Greek orthodox and seeing a fellow Greek they probably thought exactly that.

May I ask why you even made contact with those Greeks seeing as you don't really care much for Greeks?. I've visited Greece and its Islands and I'm from Cyprus and  the majority of them were up to date with the world some even more modern and hold less values than the Greeks in England,dont get me wrong some villages are not quite so advanced but its a bit far fetched to say Greeks from the homeland arent modern. 

so let me get this right, because you feel Greeks are intellectually inbred and not modern enough etc that will lead to Greek extinction? I find that hard to believe on the contrary Greeks who dont care for Greece, its people and what these "Greeks have to offer" will result in our extinction, so sad

Έτυχε να μεγαλώσω μέσα στο Ελληνικό γκέτο του Μονάχου. Μέσα σε ένα περιβάλλον το οποίο με προγραμμάτισε να πιστεύω ακράδαντα ότι εμείς οι Έλληνες ήμαστε "Εκλεκτός" λαός και ότι οι ξένοι το αρνούνται αυτό επειδή μας μισούν. Τέτοια ανατροφή δημιουργεί τάση απόδρασης από την  πραγματικότητα προς το καταφύγιο που προσφέρει η φαντασίωση του "Ελληνικού Μεγαλείου" που αποτυχαίνει να μεγαλουργήσει επειδή δεν το αφήνουν οι κακοί ξένοι. Αυτό οδηγεί, φυσικά, στην γκετοποίηση και την απομόνωση από την πραγματικότητα του κόσμου που μας περιβάλλει.  Εγώ τα έζησα αυτά πριν από 30 χρόνια αλλά δεν άλλαξαν και πολύ τα πράγματα από τότε. Έχοντας επικοινωνία με Έλληνες στην Ελλάδα και στο Μόναχο διαπιστώνω ότι, για την πλειοψηφία, το αφήγημα έμεινε το ίδιο. Λίγοι είναι αυτοί που κατάφεραν να αποτινάξουν την φαντασίωση του "Ελληνικού Μεγαλείου" σε αναλογία με τη απόσταση που έφυγαν από την Ελληνική ανακύκλωση του σανού. Για σοβαρούς ανθρώπους, με ικανότητα και μυαλό,  Η Ελλάδα έχασε την γοητεία της. Όποιος μπορεί να φύγει φεύγει. Άρα: Δεν υπάρχει μέλλον για την Ελλάδα και τους Έλληνες ως κοινωνικό σύνολο, έθνος, κράτος.

Έλληνας γεννήθηκα και Έλληνας είμαι άλλα κρατάω την απόστασή μου από την Ελληνική "Ιδιαιτερότητα".

Δεν νοιώθω ικανοποίηση για το χάλι της Ελλάδας άλλα ούτε και με πειράζει πλέον. Δεν μπορώ, εγώ, και ούτε έχω το δικαίωμα, να ανατρέψω την συλλογική "ελεύθερη" βούληση της πλειοψηφίας τον Ελλήνων που οδηγεί στον αφανισμό. Αρκούμαι λοιπόν στην αμφισβήτηση του "Ελληνικού Μεγαλείου" και κάνω την δουλειά μου... στο εξωτερικό.

#23 cyprusellas

cyprusellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

krima re file krima

#24 cyprusellas

cyprusellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

can I ask why then your both on this site seeing as its pretty pro-Greek and I'm only asking no offence intended

#25 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

krima re file krima

Δυο λέξεις, και αυτές  σε greeklish. Επί της ουσίας του γιατί ο Ελληνισμός έχει χάση την γοητεία του και πως θα μπορούσε να αντιστραφεί αυτό το φαινόμενο δεν έχεις να πεις τίποτε; 

Αν πράγματι σε ενοχλεί ο μαρασμός του Ελληνισμού δώσε το καλό παράδειγμα και χρησιμοποίησε την αυτήν την ριμάδα την Ελληνική την γλωσσά.  Πατριωτικές προτροπές στα Αγγλικά δεν βοηθάνε. 

#26 cyprusellas

cyprusellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

I'm pretty sure its not greeklish as it was in greek, I may not have the format to type Greek but I can speak, read and write. oxi eisai lathos  Πατριωτικές προτροπές στα Αγγλικά δεν βοηθάνε voithane ebithi eyo ayabo tous ellines kai tin ellatha kai tin diaspora, eyo den erotao ton ellinan bos mborei na mou προσφέρουν san eisei

#27 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 761 posts
  • 47 thanks

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Έτυχε να μεγαλώσω μέσα στο Ελληνικό γκέτο του Μονάχου. Μέσα σε ένα περιβάλλον το οποίο με προγραμμάτισε να πιστεύω ακράδαντα ότι εμείς οι Έλληνες ήμαστε "Εκλεκτός" λαός και ότι οι ξένοι το αρνούνται αυτό επειδή μας μισούν.

This is no different than for any other people. Just change "Ελληνες" to anything else (Brits, Germans, French, Italians, Polish, Romanians, Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Indians etc. etc.).

Thanked by 1 Member:
cyprusellas

#28 cyprusellas

cyprusellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

I've personally been sworn at and I've had people trying to start trouble with me such as turks, albanians and even kurds all because Im Greek Cypriot, so I've experience it first hand how they also hate us. It's good to be educated and be able to get on with everyone however dont make out that we are not hated

#29 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

This is no different than for any other people. Just change "Ελληνες" to anything else (Brits, Germans, French, Italians, Polish, Romanians, Syrians, Turks, Iranians, Indians etc. etc.).

We do cluster nicely with the Turks, Syrians, Romanians, Iranians in that respect. It is true plebs, regardless of their nationality, fill comfy in their respective ghetto. Yet the tendency is far more common among Greeks Turks and Syrians than it is among Germans, Swedes or Danes.

#30 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 761 posts
  • 47 thanks

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

This is true. You're right on that.

Maybe though this is not just because we feel that we're "wronged" by the rest of them, or because we feel we're "special". It may have to do with the way we do things as people. Want it or not we're different than the northerners. We like hanging out in big "parees", drink and smoke and have fun as part of a parea, while most Danes, Swedes etc. are happy to sit by themselves, drink a case of beer, and then go to sleep drunk. Different mentalities, different cultures.

#31 palikari

palikari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

I don't know about other countries but here in England it feels that whether you're Greek from Greece or Cyprus that we're just declining, either not having as many kids or just not going with your own. Theres loads of turks in England and they produce like rabbits! I feel we've lost that patriotism we once had. 

I'm worried about this too.

We are a small country that is being overrun by outsiders, and our own people are leaving the country.

Meanwhile, Greeks in USA and Canada are getting watered down due to off-the-boaters dying off and the younger generations becoming more Americanized or marrying non-greeks.

#32 ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

にこです

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 17 thanks

Donator

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

I'm worried about this too.

We are a small country that is being overrun by outsiders, and our own people are leaving the country.

Meanwhile, Greeks in USA and Canada are getting watered down due to off-the-boaters dying off and the younger generations becoming more Americanized or marrying non-greeks.

Enough of this. What's worrying gonna do?
If you wanna do something about it marry a Greek girl and make half a dozen babies. Greek natives have a median age of 45 and a birthrate of 1.2 births per woman. This makes our extinction a mathematical inevitability. Unless the younger ones start making babies at at least 3 times the rate they currently do we are doomed.

And that's not just the Greeks but all Europeans. They learned to make cars, airplanes, computers and what not but they forgot about the one thing that really counts: Making babies.

The way things are going, in 50 years the average European is gonna be of African extraction.

#33 HappyAsHellas

HappyAsHellas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

As  Ajax correctly states, the obvious solution is to head back to Greece and proceed to breed like rats with a good native girl from good breeding stock. Or we can just be civilised and live our lives as we do. Change is inevitable with humans - it's what we have always done, and always will do.

Obviously I state this as a thoroughbred Scotsman from Irish descent.

• ajaxmonkey likes this

Thanked by 1 Member:
ajaxmonkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Hellenism Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  logarithmo : (13 December 2017 - 12:22 PM)

Την καλημέρα μας και Καλές Γιορτές να έχουμε !!! Τεράστιε sprinter ;)

@  sprinter : (11 December 2017 - 08:10 AM)

Βέρτης Νίκος - Live Tour 10 Χρόνια (2Cd + Dvd)

@  sprinter : (11 December 2017 - 07:58 AM)

Γιώργος Νταλάρας - Με Δυο Παπούτσια Πάνινα (1997)

@  takis5103 : (10 December 2017 - 10:51 AM)

sfakianakis

@  logarithmo : (09 December 2017 - 04:43 PM)

ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ ΝΤΑΛΑΡΑΣ / ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ - ΓΙΑΝΝΕΝΑ ΜΕ ΔΥΟ ΠΑΠΟΥΤΣΙΑ ΠΑΝΙΝΑ / GORAN BREGOVIC

@  bilou75 : (06 December 2017 - 03:16 PM)

ΠΙΤΣΑ ΠΑΠΑΔΟΠΟΥΛΟΥ

@  habs021 : (29 November 2017 - 01:23 PM)

ΒΕΡΤΗΣ ΝΙΚΟΣ - LIVE TOUR 10 ΧΡΟΝΙΑ παιδια δεν ειναι ενεργο κανενα λινκ.. λεει file not found..

@  habs021 : (29 November 2017 - 01:01 PM)

ΒΟΥΛΓΑΡΑΚΗ + ΣΤΟΚΑΣ - ΛΑΒΥΡΙΝΘΟΙ

@  tsihlini : (29 November 2017 - 12:59 AM)

ΡΕΜΟς

@  takis7 : (17 November 2017 - 09:53 AM)

Ενταξει ολα ... σε ευχαριστω πολύ