greek culture, greek mythology, greek history
Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    General Discussion  ›  What are your feelings about the greek elections Moderators: jen, dino, brenda
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

What are your feelings about the greek elections  This thread currently has 5,080 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
eyoismos
May 7, 2012, 4:53pm Report to Moderator
Aspire to inspire before I expire
Zeus
generally i am a "middle of the road" kinda person, whereby on some issues i lean to the so called right, while on other issues, i tend to lean to the left

but after thinking quite a lot about the results, i gotta admit, i am kinda happy that things have deeloped they way they did, whereby nobody came in strong enough to form a government.

not exactly conducive to an ideal situation, especially during these trying times, but the way i see it, its a message to all the parties involved, especially the ND and PASOK, an the message is (and i am talking politically) .....

STOP FUCKING AROUND!

stop with the established tendency of bickering over shite, let alone more serious issues, for example, whereby the same laws are proposed by each party and each blasting it, then prety much the same situation is rerun, when the roles are turned

stop treating the electorate as idiots. tolerenance has reached its limit, and now now more

stop treating the country as your own little τσιφλικια whereby you do what you do for your own tsepoula

stop with the lies and bullshit. you cannot fool everybody forever

stop with the lawlessness that has been allowed to be established, whereby the "big boys" get away with murder, while the "little guys" pay for the "bog boys" sins

the list is pretty long, but the gist is pretty much the same

we wont even get into the economic policies that the previous parties undertook and failed miserable, mostly because of the above, one way or another

what was very surprising, even shocking was the results of Hris Avgi. 21 seats in parliament. and what i saw, they got far too many votes in kalavrita, for example, a town that nearly got wiped out by the nazi, and yet voted for a pretty much nazi party. to which it led me to believe....are some greeks fucking crazy?

also a bit surprising, though, in retrospect, understandable, is the rise of siriza which passed pasok. by the same token, a neccessary evil in order to facilitate the situation of NO party is in the position to form a government

pasok...... well this is what happens when you bullshit with the likes of "ta hrimata iparhoun" .... just to get into power and fuck the truth..... well i gues the truth just told them fuck you!

nd ..... arrogance, especially by its leader, has taught a bitter lesson in humility - "old school" is no longer acceptable - respect your fellow party members and parliamentarians and treating the party as a personal dictatorship. and most important, stop playing other parties game, and play your own.

kke ... well pretty much stable for the past decades...battling to maintain 10%, though this time round the percentage dropped to around 8.5%. this is what happens when you still have the mentality of 70 + years ago.... all talk and no proactiveness for the better, INCLUDING the rediculous mentailty of no compromise and cooperation, just like the radical unions they control...and now they are paying the price (the unions)

all the other parties are purely a result of individuals "escaping" from so last century mentalities of the previous parties in power, and forcing ALL leaders to LISTEN to its party members

do i think a government will form, from the cooperation of other parties? no!
do i want it so? NO
in the short term no a good situation, hell ...it could even be detrimental to the economy of greece....but again ...short term

what i hope for is another election maybe in 6 months

why?

because it will give time to the electorate to overcome their fury, and give them a cool off period to rethink....and THINK AGAIN
but most important of all..... for all the parties to FUCKING WAKE UP and think greece FIRST

maybe just maybe the moulari ways of each and every party, its leadership and its members learn that the way they have been doing things up to now has no future whatsoever, and each and every one of them COLLECTIVELY are to be blamed for the mess that Greece now founds herself in

I just looooove fishing!!! Its all in the bait
Logged Offline
Private Message
admin
May 7, 2012, 7:31pm Report to Moderator

http://www.esquaredmedia.com
Administrator
Administrator
It's a dangerous situation, with most parties not willing to co-operate with anyone else. Not sure what's going to come out of this.

Scariest thing of all is that 7% Chrysi Avgi got. I think it's the first time in recent history that they elected any representatives (and they won 21 seats this time around!). Left wing parties came out quite a bit stronger too, but both left and right are very fragmented with many small parties holding a 6-7% of the vote.

I can't help but wonder whether a military coup is just around the corner...

Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 97
ajaxmonkey
May 7, 2012, 8:16pm Report to Moderator

Athenian Nobleman
Over all a very good day. The punch against ND and PASOK should have been harder and I still don't understand why people waste their votes on KKE. Other than that not bad at all. I'm very happy that the XA is represented in parliament. Greek Nationalists speak for about 10% of the Greek population and they must therefore be in parliament.

Ατταταί ατταταί, των τιτθίων, ώς σκληρά καί κυδώνια
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 97
ajaxmonkey
May 7, 2012, 8:20pm Report to Moderator

Athenian Nobleman
Quoted from admin
I can't help but wonder whether a military coup is just around the corner...

Sorry admin but something like that is not even a remote possibility. Unless of course our "Western Democratic Friends and Allies" choose to orchestrate it.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 97
admin
May 7, 2012, 8:32pm Report to Moderator

http://www.esquaredmedia.com
Administrator
Administrator
Yup, exactly like they orcehstrate every other military junda around the globe.

If they realize that whoever gets in power won't play nice (for example if Syriza manages to form a government - however unlikely this may seem at the moment...) then I won't be surprised if we see a military coup. I hope I'm completely wrong on this one...

In the meantime, we're most likely headed for another election in June (and I may be in Greece at that time to vote  ). Those results are going to be far more interesting to see.

Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 97
dino
May 7, 2012, 8:46pm Report to Moderator

Paidagogos
I share Eyoismos feelings here, I have mixed feelings about this whole thing.

About a dictator ship in Greece, I do not see that happening, I do not think anyone in the military is crazy enough to do that, besides the crazies, everyone understands what a disaster the last one was, and the Greek people just would not put up with it.

and Admin me to think that the "scariest thing of all is that 7% Chrysi Avgi got"

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 97
ajaxmonkey
May 7, 2012, 8:48pm Report to Moderator

Athenian Nobleman
Admin,

I think it is already clear that there will be reelections in June. There is no way to form a governing coalition out of the current mix. Now this will of course set the Euro Johns looking for some Ho willing to sell out to them. We are gonna see quite a bit of activity between now and June.

But seriously I don't think they'll get somebody to prostitute Hellas out to them this time around. The atmosphere is tense and emotions are running high. But most importantly: By now everybody knows that the bailout deal is a scam. It just doesn't lead out of the crisis and was never designed to do that. Even the official Eurostat predictions contradict the claims.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 97
dino
May 7, 2012, 8:52pm Report to Moderator

Paidagogos
After elections, Greece's Jews come to terms with neo-Nazi triumph

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-.....azi-triumph-1.428851

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 97
ajaxmonkey
May 7, 2012, 9:08pm Report to Moderator

Athenian Nobleman
sorry dino but what is that supposed to mean?

Should we ignore the will of 450.000 Greeks who voted for Xrisi Avgi because 3000 something Jews do not approve?
Since when do the Jews have a veto power in Greek politics? Has the Jewish state acknowledged the slaughter of the Hellenes in Asia Minor yet? Right! Lets put the Jews first and our people second.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 97
Rhodos99
May 9, 2012, 9:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I dont get why everyone is surprised people voted for  Chrysi Avgi? I like their stance on Illegal Immigration.
Have you seen Europe latley? Why do you think Le Penn is so popular?  
They're not 'Nazis' as the leftist media loves to paint them. They're nationalists. Crazy nationalists? Yes, but simply nationalists.
I would be more worried about the left, who wants to hand the country away, who dont give a damn about Macedonia and a billion other things.
Fortunately, right-orinated voters seemed to be in the majority. Looks like another election in June.
Even though I know ND are far from perfect, I hope Samaras wins, because the rest of them seem nuts lol
E-mail Reply: 9 - 97
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
Print

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    General Discussion  ›  What are your feelings about the greek elections

Website designed by esquaredmedia.com - Powered by E-Blah Forum Software 10.3.6 © 2001-2008 - August 20, 2014, 1:48am