greek culture, greek mythology, greek history
Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    Genealogy  ›  Desperatley in need of help for this name Moderators: chrysoula, jen, dino, brenda
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Desperatley in need of help for this name  This thread currently has 710 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Lylak
February 6, 2012, 12:20pm Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
.Ok, hello my name is shatona, I am trying to find my husbands birth father for him, he has not seen him since he was born. I hope i can spell this right, but all we know is the following, His name was Constantine Skopolopakis( this is how i sounded it out) or something to that fact. my husbands mom said his fathers parents owned a greek restauraunt in Providence Rhode island. I really want my husband to know his father and tell his father he has 3 grand kids. I wish I knew more, but i dont, and im afraid if my son does a family history report he wont know what to put for his fathers side. Please get back to me and let me know if i spelt the last name right im open to options.[color=purple][/color]
Logged Offline
Private Message
admin
February 6, 2012, 4:47pm Report to Moderator

http://www.esquaredmedia.com
Administrator
Administrator
Could the name possibly be "Kopelakis"?

Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 9
Lylak
February 6, 2012, 11:14pm Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
I'm not to sure lol, all i know is how it sounds american wise but in actuality it is hard to pronounce
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 9
admin
February 7, 2012, 12:02pm Report to Moderator

Administrator
Administrator
Well, it's kind of important to know the actual name  

Site Private Message Reply: 3 - 9
Lylak
February 7, 2012, 5:41pm Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
Well his mom wasnt much help all she said is the name reminded her of the sesame street character Snuffalufogus
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 9
dino
February 8, 2012, 11:45am Report to Moderator

Paidagogos
Good luck, it to bad the father was not involved in his life, hopefully he will get involved once you guys find him.

I suspect there waa no father name on his birth certificate

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 9
admin
February 9, 2012, 8:14pm Report to Moderator

Administrator
Administrator
Quoted from Lylak
Well his mom wasnt much help all she said is the name reminded her of the sesame street character Snuffalufogus

typical.

The thing is that without his actual lastname is like searching for a needle in a haystack

Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 9
Konst
February 10, 2012, 1:07am Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
Your husband must keep some records like heritage papers that actually write his Greek name. You need to search these records. Also if he has property in Greece the Greek title deeds write the owners name and the name of his grandfather e.t.c

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 9
Lylak
February 15, 2012, 11:19am Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
According to his mom, his dad and her only dated a week. But he did go to the hospital when my husband was born, but her new boyfriend at the time scared him away, and i dont think the father is on the certificate because his mom couldnt spell his last name. And yes I understand its like a needle in a haystack, I think it just sucks that his mom knows nothing which is unfortunate for my husband cause I feel at this rate he will never find his father. Ive thought about calling all the greek restaurants in Rhode Island and ask if the owners had a son named Constantine, but I'm afraid they would just shoot me down. I know one thing, his family is from Greece, I just don't know where. But thank you all for trying to help.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 9
admin
February 16, 2012, 9:05pm Report to Moderator

Administrator
Administrator
I think your next course of action should be what you just said: call as many Greek owned restaurants as you can in Rhode island and ask if there's any Constantine working there (keeping in mind that Constantine - Kosta is a fairly common Greek name). If you know his approximate age you may be able to find some information on him, if he's still around in Rhode Island.

Best of luck, and please do let us know if you manage to find him!

Site Private Message Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    Genealogy  ›  Desperatley in need of help for this name

Website designed by esquaredmedia.com - Powered by E-Blah Forum Software 10.3.6 © 2001-2008 - October 24, 2014, 9:51am