greek culture, greek mythology, greek history
Welcome, Guest.Please login or register.
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    Genealogy  ›  Terakedis surname Moderators: chrysoula, jen, dino, brenda
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Terakedis surname  This thread currently has 939 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
terakedis2132
May 15, 2011, 1:17pm Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
I am hoping to find some information on the Terakedis surname (origin and meaning). I do know that he was born in Ordu, Turkey, so he was probably Pontian. I have never been able to find the Terakedis name in Greece and my family is the only ones in the USA with this surname. I found my great grandfathers shipping manifest and they have his surname spelled Tyrekidis. My grandfather insists that their name was always Terakedis, but I think he is mistaken.

Also, I have his marriage certificate and I am having a hard time figuring his mothers maiden name. It looks like Mainidis or Maenidis. Anyone have an idea what it may be?
Logged Offline
Private Message
admin
May 15, 2011, 2:00pm Report to Moderator

http://www.esquaredmedia.com
Administrator
Administrator
You could try searching using alternative spellings such as Tirakidis or Tyrakidis
In Greek it would be spelled Τιρακίδης or Τυρακίδης

Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
terakedis2132
May 15, 2011, 2:06pm Report to Moderator
Spartan Warrior
Quoted from admin
You could try searching using alternative spellings such as Tirakidis or Tyrakidis
In Greek it would be spelled Τιρακίδης or Τυρακίδης

There are quite a few people on facebook, etc... with the Tyrekidis name.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
admin
May 18, 2011, 6:52pm Report to Moderator

http://www.esquaredmedia.com
Administrator
Administrator
There you go. Send them a note and ask them some info about their family background. You may get some leads.

Site Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Hellenism.Net - Greek Forum    Hellenism.Net Forum    Genealogy  ›  Terakedis surname

Website designed by esquaredmedia.com - Powered by E-Blah Forum Software 10.3.6 © 2001-2008 - October 31, 2014, 4:16am